ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

^^ actually and even i was one of the lucky guys who could have been in there with you (beat me for jumping of this one!) i really hope that there won't be any more then the 30pairs just for this contest.

Makes this an own story and a one off a kind thing which i really like about this whole comp. ...

Your guess is as good as mine; but he is working on new stuff so it's always possible a new model might derive from this one. But for obvious (selfish) reasons - I hope not!

Any time I have asked Roy any question about what he has plans to make, he replies with something along the lines of 'you know this whole thing is just an experiment right'.

I'm sure the next year will bring all sorts of new cool stuff [/ conjecture]

I was hoping denim trousers. Kinda like those Made and Crafted trousers. Shirts would be nice as well.

If Roy made a lined 91-b style zip-up coat i'd creme my pants.

or is it cream?

fuck spelling.

Re: washing

I get all the shrinkage out I can first, then wear them until putting them in the freezer overnight stops working.

I might have to re-evaluate.. my jeans are going to be in a dish room 6 hours a day... all sorts of shit ends up on my gen 1 pair. I fear the day I am not paying attention and some pox faced kids retainer' falls in to my cuff and is lost... or even worse their gum. I won't rant about middle school kids and their inability to leave gum in their mouths or the trash... but being a dish-bitch at a school is wearisome.

I recently got a small magnetized ball of metal shavings that were really sharp stuck in the cuffs of my AB Elfelts. I found this out because I found the ball on my carpet at home and I found out that it was in my cuffs because later that same morning I was lacing up my boots and noticed a small hole worn through my cuffs (1/4in in diameter). I was pissed. It looks like someone just cut a hole out of my denim. very unnatural looking. I patched it up and all is well now.

If Roy made a lined 91-b style zip-up coat i'd creme my pants.

or is it cream?

fuck spelling.

Re: washing

I get all the shrinkage out I can first, then wear them until putting them in the freezer overnight stops working.

I might have to re-evaluate.. my jeans are going to be in a dish room 6 hours a day... all sorts of shit ends up on my gen 1 pair. I fear the day I am not paying attention and some pox faced kids retainer' falls in to my cuff and is lost... or even worse their gum. I won't rant about middle school kids and their inability to leave gum in their mouths or the trash... but being a dish-bitch at a school is wearisome.

Denim apron?

cookingl.jpg

Maybe it was small meteorite?

One of the reasons I like cuffs is that I regularily find money in mine. I like to think that it's other people's.

It was a meteorite... from Uranus bro. Get it? Get it? "Your Anus." How's that for supertrash!!!

Maybe that is just funny for American english speakers. Or maybe it's just not funny.

I didn't LOLz either, but I am really trying to get this into supertrash.

I didn't LOLz either, but I am really trying to get this into supertrash.

I don't think you have to worry. Two months of just chit chat. This thread is going to get there without a doubt.

So on topic of sorts...

Have any of you messed up furniture, flooring, horse saddles, ect with exposed rivets on the back pockets.

I put a really nice one in floor at my house battle dancing my son.

I don't think you have to worry. Two months of just chit chat. This thread is going to get there without a doubt.

So on topic of sorts...

Have any of you messed up furniture, flooring, horse saddles, ect with exposed rivets on the back pockets.

I was thinking about the exposed rivets and this totally prevents me from getting into my car the typical dukes of hazard way. Looks like I am actually going to have to walk around my car, open the door, and get in. None of this sliding over the hood, jump into the window, start the car action.

So on topic of sorts...

Yep, a couple of ripped bed sheets.

Hammering them flat as soon as the contest starts!

I've been wearing exposed rivet 201s for work for about three months now, I haven't had any problems with them, expect that they put serious scratches on those ubiquitous aluminum Crate & Barrel chairs, the kind that were in about every scene in Battlestar Galactica and seem to be 2000s equivalent to the butterfly chair in the '60s.

Maybe we could call that some sort of social commentary, and collect extra points for each incident.

Denim apron?

cookingl.jpg

I actually tried this, but unfortunately the apron got wet REAL wet, so it was like spot soaking my jeans. I have tried the waterproof aprons but they just get cumbersome. I sort of just chalk it up as a hazard of the job and let my jeans smell til they get washed.

I was thinking about the exposed rivets and this totally prevents me from getting into my car the typical dukes of hazard way. Looks like I am actually going to have to walk around my car, open the door, and get in. None of this sliding over the hood, jump into the window, start the car action.

commie!

I for one hope he is going to branch out into some shirting.

Oh man I would to be able to ROY on ROY double-dip....

Hey! I've never actually tried this method, though I've heard about it many times. Could be a great way to both avoid washing AND minimize the Ugandan Swamp Crotch from hot, humid, uh, crotch!

I plan to give mine a starch wash to get rid of shrinkage and retain some stiffness - not sure how well this denim will hold the starch though...

More info on "starch wash"?

Yep, a couple of ripped bed sheets.

Hammering them flat as soon as the contest starts!

A little tip: taking pants off before getting in bed usually helps with avoiding this sort of thing.

More info on "starch wash"?

A little tip: taking pants off before getting in bed usually helps with avoiding this sort of thing.

It's basically a soapy hand-wash followed by soaking in a hot starch solution, and lightly 'baked' with a blow-dryer some hours later when the denim is just a little damp.

Gotta experiment a little with the amount of starch powder you add though.

I would wax the leather patch a day before doing the soaking...don't want your leather coming out all weird from the hot starch.

P.S. They were unplanned visits to the bedsheets.

^ hmmm... sounds complicated and like something I don't want to risk on the Roys... Thanks for the info though!

cottonduckpocketbagsandbackpocketlining

if I say it enough times maybe it will come true.