ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Paul,

I am here! Just been slammed with work lately. But that won't stop me posting updates ect for sure. Trust me I was dealing with tons of incredible models yesterday in Miami at a huge high rise loft party and I still found myself talking to Farhad on the phone about the contest. Can't wait to get this started!

^Would love to hear more info in regards to the history of Sea Island Cotton....From my own assumptions I've gathered that since Sea Island Cotton, Egyptian, South American, Creole, extra long staple, etc. are all names for Gossypium Barbadense, they are all very similar? Or are there variations across the strain due to time, location, mixing with hirsutum, etc. (I'd assume the obvious "yes")? If so, what made the Sea Island cotton so special (or is this perceived better-ness all just nostalgia), and what were the effects of the Boll Weevil attack? Is Cone's Black Seed up to par and what are the differences?

I'll tell you when I get the book, but essentially they are all differerent strains, I am not sure if the original Sea Island was a cultivar, too, but according to ringring the story is fascinating and takes in a lot of social and industrial history. The US government reintroduced Pima I believe for use in aircraft tires - because the staple length is longer it's much tougher, and I guess Cone's comes from that program.

about sizing again,please dont forget to thank me when you see eltopo and fardin(farhad sadly bowt out) in ass tight denim leggings.

the point for me choosing a 32(as in every other jeans i own,apart from my fullcounts,which are even 31),was this:

Consider that this measurement is how the jeans will fit on first buttoning after soak.

Cannae keep oop with this thread maan, it's gaan too fast cap'n, the engines r gunna bloo !!

Anyway, at last this thread has stopped crashing enough for me to say I'm glad I'm not the only sad bastard who cant stop reading (+ re-reading this thread). The IDEA of wearing these wonderfull jeans has taken over my rather dull life.

Farhad, I told you to go with your gut instinct (not with what your gut measured, but a 33" sounds right (I have gone with a 34"). Good luck mate.

My advice on washing machines is: buy a bosch, it has the temperatures all over it. Mine has a great rinse/wash which i put all my jeans on (30 deg. for 18 mins).

It looks I will be the last to recieve my jeans, as I will not be back from Oz 'till mid Jan 2011, so will have two weeks of wear to catch up on.....

Still, cant wait.....

Cannae keep oop with this thread maan, it's gaan too fast cap'n, the engines r gunna bloo !!

Anyway, at last this thread has stopped crashing enough for me to say I'm glad I'm not the only sad bastard who cant stop reading (+ re-reading this thread). The IDEA of wearing these wonderfull jeans has taken over my rather dull life.

Farhad, I told you to go with your gut instinct (not with what your gut measured, but a 33" sounds right (I have gone with a 34"). Good luck mate.

My advice on washing machines is: buy a bosch, it has the temperatures all over it. Mine has a great rinse/wash which i put all my jeans on (30 deg. for 18 mins).

It looks I will be the last to recieve my jeans, as I will not be back from Oz 'till mid Jan 2011, so will have two weeks of wear to catch up on.....

Still, cant wait.....

Hey Doc, BOSCH's are great. We've got a BAUKNECHT with a rinse program: 30 minutes at 30 degrees, tumbling from none-1000 rpm as you like. Perfect for jeans. Gut 34, gut instinct 32 which works perfect on all my jawnz. Guess what I went with the Roys.

Farhad...you will be fine (...hmmm I wonder how many of us will be frantically trying to swap jeans with each other when we realised we've under or oversized?)

@dr House.

Good call, you gotta have the right WM. I bought mine some years ago with my Lvc/vintage in mind, and it's never let me down.

So, jeans pending...Got the WM, the belt, the boots and a few jacket options. Better get down to TKmaxx for some Tee's.

(edit) Farhad, there are three doctors, me being the newest.

Hmmm I need to decide of I'm gonna line up a new belt for this shebang.

As per my obsessive nature, I was actually thinking it would be interesting to throw together a little Profile of the Contestants spreadsheet - jeans size , age (if you'll allow it), location, occupation. Paul could maybe throw it up on the first page for reference. Thoughts?

I'm also still planning on making you all contribute to a map once we all have the pants. And I was thinking a google spreadsheet on which we could keep track of our washes/soaks would be cool.

Yes, I'm a big nerd for info/stats. That's why Im a researcher!

Hmmm I need to decide of I'm gonna line up a new belt for this shebang.

As per my obsessive nature, I was actually thinking it would be interesting to throw together a little Profile of the Contestants spreadsheet - jeans size , age (if you'll allow it), location, occupation. Paul could maybe throw it up on the first page for reference. Thoughts?

I'm also still planning on making you all contribute to a map once we all have the pants. And I was thinking a google spreadsheet on which we could keep track of our washes/soaks would be cool.

Yes, I'm a big nerd for info/stats. That's why Im a researcher!

i knew it from one of the first time i saw your posts in the WAYJDT thread. you were running some program on your computer in a room somewhere in uganda, while lounging on a chair hatching some evil plans.

this must be some advanced software that will pinpoint our exact locations so you can come steal our jawnz (roy6's vagina jacket, rnr's bandana he kept behind his arse, almostnice's dirty socks that has sat in his redwing boots for eternity and paul's wooden chest he keeps little boys in).

yes, im all for contributing to your noble cause of the spreadsheet, because it sounds fairly interesting and at least we can remotely figure out why the winner actually won and his wash history and occupation etc. great! in all seriousness i think it could be interesting to know what everyone is doing. it just makes it a little more interesting than just knowing which country/state everyone is from.

washingmachines,phhh...you're a bunch of decadent elitists!

i just bought a washboard for these,might add a bar of curd soap in probably half a year.

ran,really cant believe that you went with a 32 like me,i mean we ordered post soak sizes...i really hope for you that you will not end up with another pair of non-fitting roys.i think i would run straight to my therapist,asking for strong anti-depression pills.

katz,add me to the list!

my data:

jeans size: 30(fat bastard,i know)

location:Atlantic our Four Season Hotel,Hamburg(always have to switch after demolishing the president suite in a mood of juvenile mischief)

A quick wander around the town with the nipper this morning; I dropped in to see The Clerk, so he could have a quick fondle.

He liked the denim, too.

theclerki.jpg

I did confirm in front of witnesses that he owes me a beer. The integrity of many people will be tested in the forthcoming months, I hope The Clerk will prove himself.

ran,really cant believe that you went with a 32 like me,i mean we ordered post soak sizes...i really hope for you that you will not end up with another pair of non-fitting roys.i think i would run straight to my therapist,asking for strong anti-depression pills.

my waist measured a 32 according to the method of measurement roy sent out to me! the picture i sent to him proves that it is the size i should be asking for. shouldn't it! i would wear a collar of shame like this if it doesnt fit me:

125inchstrapandlockingcollar.jpg

My gut measured 34 and my gut instinct measure a 33!!! So I went with that.

Edit: How may Dr. do we have in this contest BTW?!!! I'm surrounded by doctors.

i did exactly the same buddy,

you are right about docs, too many around here. i wonder how they can reproduce themselves so fast ...

Hey almostnice! I didn't know we had the same tat! :P

My lord - how long was sufu down this time? Took me forever to catch up here!

I got a 32 as well... Seems like a popular size this time around! ;)

i am not allowed to comment,riff.

may i ask what do wear in your pants post soak?

(yes,even i worry-but thats part of the game)

almostnice - you lied about your occupation... clearly you're actually a leather collar model!

looks like to me that markus is more involved in SM practices than ever ... if you remember the way he sized, just to allow the wear of chains and other disgusting tools under his Roys ...

this guy needs a therapist

Consider that this measurement is how the jeans will fit on first buttoning after soak

Consider that this measurement is how the jeans will fit on first buttoning after soak

anybody aware of the ability of denim to stretch?