ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

wearing my Tellason Strummers today (tour 3001's will not be work-appropriate 'til they go in for some TLC... that's "Tailoring Love and Care") - the hues of this Cone (White Oak) denim is beautiful! Getting me excited for this fantastiCone denim we've got coming our ways....

^ hmmm... sounds complicated and like something I don't want to risk on the Roys... Thanks for the info though!

cottonduckpocketbagsandbackpocketlining

if I say it enough times maybe it will come true.

Hard to make that possible without making the jeans look a bit wonky. The two fabrics shrink differently and on the back pocket could add for some awkward creases.

^ sweet, rnr, just go ahead and shit on my dreams. What about pre-washing the duck?

Also, just got a call from the tailors. They mixed up and made bandannas of the fabric I left for a shirt, and vice-versa. Hah!

Maybe I should bring some kitenge back for ROY to make the pocket bags and lining from?

Mostly I just really want lined back pockets.

So right now on the first page we have the OG Roy thread, the Roy contest thread, the Roy world tour, and the Roy poll :)

pretty kewl.

we need some cheerleaders in skimpy outfits for this contest BTW.

Roy Roy he's our man, if he can't do it no one can!!!

@Daniel- they'll be sick either way don't worry. maybe Roy can make some boxers with the Kitenge fabrics. might be a bit too colorful for down under!!!

^ sweet, rnr, just go ahead and shit on my dreams. What about pre-washing the duck?

Mostly I just really want lined back pockets.

Well prewashing the duck would make it worse, because you now have a fabric that won't shrink at all stitched to a fabric that will shrink a ton.

I like the idea of lined pockets as well. I hate holes in the pockets, but after X-mas my wallet won't be so hefty anymore, so maybe I don't have to worry about it.

Sounds like this competition is going to be a lot of fun, it will be my first. I have some different ideas about how I am going to put wear and tear on my jeans, I will be washing them in borax, like the miners did..........with an old wash board I have. Figure the competition would be fun with some variety. Don’t know if I can go 6 months with mine dust all over them, may have to wash mine more often………

I heard a rumor that rnrswitch has one of those machines that you see at Ikea (you know the machines that test repeated use on cabinets) So if we see a years worth of wear on rnr’s jeans in one week you know something’s up.

I am going to be back to painting soon…but I don’t think I will wear the Roy’s for that….or should I…….

i believe he doesnt own a machine.his comment about handwashing and people leaving bleach drops is a bit suspicious.

Oh, I got machines, but the days of college have tainted me and my old lady goes nuts with the bleach on whites and shit. I weep in despair when I am even close to a bottle of bleach.

I heard a rumor that rnrswitch has one of those machines that you see at Ikea (you know the machines that test repeated use on cabinets) So if we see a years worth of wear on rnr’s jeans in one week you know something’s up.

I design those machines. I made one that does lunges and squats all day and in the evening break dances for ultimate wear on jeans.

Are there parcel delays from the US as well as to? Is this just for Australia?

during the last 2 months all (2) my parcels from japan were blocked and resent... . (One out of 2 from London was blocked.... btw)

my parcels from US all went tru.. and the one i sent too .....

so i would say that all the stuff coming from usa is pretty much bound to arrive in time ..... given my totally biased experience.

during the last 2 months all (2) my parcels from japan were blocked and resent... . (One out of 2 from London was blocked.... btw)

my parcels from US all went tru.. and the one i sent too .....

so i would say that all the stuff coming from usa is pretty much bound to arrive in time ..... given my totally biased experience.

Do you mean that your parcels from Japan were sent back there and had to be re-posted to you? If so, were you given any explanation as to why?

I rang Austpost about the delay on my unlucky order and the offical reason is due to the fact that US customs is checking every package in and out.

Yeah, they told me that last week.

Apparently everything sent before the 16th of November may be delayed up to 2 weeks, parcels sent after the 16th will be delayed for 48 hours.

My stuff were sent out on the 15th and 13th, boo~~~~

Do you mean that your parcels from Japan were sent back there and had to be re-posted to you? If so, were you given any explanation as to why?

that is what i mean.

explanation was that invoice was supposedly missing wich is false...

my explanation is that they reinforced their controls on asian parcels....

i received about 15 parcels from japan this year and it only happened on the last 2.... one directly from a shop,one from Hide... both know what they are doing ....

i am waiting for them to be reposted

Someone told me your machine line dances into the night, not break dancing?

It only line dances if I play "Achy brakey heart," which is actually a lot. I can't get enough billy ray cyrus in my life.

It only line dances if I play "Achy brakey heart," which is actually a lot. I can't get enough billy ray cyrus in my life.

i am prepared for the onslaught of neg rep which this will bring

but...

+1

that song changed my life... it's actually made me hope against hope that Roy makes a 13MWZ repro.