ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

robbie- weren't there bar soaps that people would shave to make a tub of suds? I was thinking of getting a bar of Kirk's Castile Soap (since 1839) for all my Roy washing. It'll probably be about the same as Dr Bronner's.

robbie- weren't there bar soaps that people would shave to make a tub of suds? I was thinking of getting a bar of Kirk's Castile Soap (since 1839) for all my Roy washing. It'll probably be about the same as Dr Bronner's.

yea, lye was more frontier era and before. that site i linked had a bunch more info about wash and laundry techniques which were pretty interesting.

I need to figure out what I actually want to do as far as laundering my pair. I feel like using a washboard for the final 'hard' wash might be a route i take to get gentler, yet still thorough agitation and dirt removal. I am undecided as far as soaps go, i have had good experiences using woolite dark, but something synthetic is sacrilege for something of this pedigree.

All I can say is, I'm never again throwing my jeans in a washing machine. I've always done well with long, warm, soapy soaks with hand agitation.

Washing? Whoever said anything about washing.

On another note:

I was lamenting to Roy6 about how displeased I was that only 30 people were allowed in the contest. I really hoped there could be at least 100 contestants. In my life I have always been top 1% in anything worthwhile and when I win I will only be top 3.33% with 30 contestants.

@rnr...LOL

For a second there I thought there was some sympathy toward us common-folk...

Throw us a bone from that throne of ego you sit on! If not a bone then maybe some excess denim (after hem) or a leather patch..even a rivet from those Roys!

I'm done.

Thought I would give you guys an idea of what kitenge looks like banditto style.

picsay-1291834194.jpg

Thanks again dkatz. It was great meeting you and I know who my bet is on. ;)

Yes!! Hah! Awesome.

do you prefer dan or daniel? I just watched tommy boy last night so I was feeling the danny boy. sorry to offended you hah I dont want a poop-stained bandana

In real life I prefer Daniel, on the Internet I prefer dkatz ;)

how come not too tight gets one already?!?? :(

'cause he entertained my ass at SENY during my few minutes in America!

All I can say is, I'm never again throwing my jeans in a washing machine. I've always done well with long, warm, soapy soaks with hand agitation.

You can't beat a bit of soapy hand agitation during a long hot soak! ;)

yea, lye was more frontier era and before. that site i linked had a bunch more info about wash and laundry techniques which were pretty interesting.

I need to figure out what I actually want to do as far as laundering my pair. I feel like using a washboard for the final 'hard' wash might be a route i take to get gentler, yet still thorough agitation and dirt removal. I am undecided as far as soaps go, i have had good experiences using woolite dark, but something synthetic is sacrilege for something of this pedigree.

The laundry soap I've posted before is great - but it uses animal fats. I suggest a Marselles laundry soap using vegetable/olive oils, these kinds of formulae have been around for 200-300 years.

The laundry soap I've posted before is great - but it uses animal fats. I suggest a Marselles laundry soap using vegetable/olive oils, these kinds of formulae have been around for 200-300 years.

you could add a zero and say 2000 or 3000 years... i personally use the Alep soap in a liquid version and it is perfecT.

Thought I would give you guys an idea of what kitenge looks like banditto style.

picsay-1291834194.jpg

Thanks again dkatz. It was great meeting you and I know who my bet is on. ;)

icoudl you please tell me if you either point at something specifically or you want to show us that your middle finger is very clean or something else i missed....

I use savon de Marseilles for my baby soft skin. It is good shit.

I just talked to ROY a little while ago- it looks like events are conspiring against the contest starting in a timely fashion. ROY had all four wisdom teeth out, then got hit by a nasty flu, so was off to a late start getting production under way (he was ironing my fly placket while we talked, which sounds dirtier than it actually was).

In addition, overseas shipping from and to the US is exceptionally slow right now in reaction to the ink cartridge bombing plot that went through Yemen recently, so it is looking increasingly unlikely that everyone's jeans will get to them before the new Year.

We'll need to play it by ear and start the contest as soon as everyone's jeans have arrived, which should still be in early January. But we all should plan alternate New Year's apparel. :(

Excepting of course rnr and TG76, who said they already received their jeans. I asked ROY about that- he said that he checked them out on Sufu and looked over their fits, and since they obviously stood no chance of winning he sent them some test jeans that didn't turn out so well. So you two can go ahead and start losing whenever you like.

It is what is is.

IT sounds as if he'll have finished them before Christmas - but can't guarantee postage.

A few days in the space of a year is no big deal. Sorry for those who are frustrated by this, but a pleasure deferred is always more gratifying.

Roy6, have you asked whether we can get a few in-progress photos to tide us over these next few, dark days?

I do like that it's your fly placket that's holding us up. It would be...

My fly placket does have a way of gumming up things.

(just to beat Maynard Freidman to it.)

I tried to get ROY to let me come over and take photos, but he's afraid of being distracted, which he easily is, I admit.

He did promise to take pictures himself, and I'll be sure to remind him.

At least this solves the problem of how to soak the ROYs and get them on in a few seconds in a crowded public space at midnight.

This is really no big deal for me. i have seen how this ends. i wasn't planning on getting started until about march or april, just to give y'all a fightin chance and make it competitive. I don't want it to be a complete blow out.

Rule #1: Don't talk about ROY Contest

Rule #2: Do not talk about ROY Contest.

Rule #3: Wear the damn things!

Rule #4: If you don't come correct, then don't come at all.

Beatle volunteered to make a list of rules. Can't wait to see what she comes up with.

1 You shall show no mercy.

2 Do not cry over spilled coffee and mustard stains

3 If in doubt how many days - take a picture

4 Who say's you can't wear them to a wedding ?

5 You want to wash when you want to wash and yes, you can.

6 Take jawns off only when you have to.

7 Stop staring at your crotch.

Rule#8 is missing:

Don't steal your neighbours jean.

...and remember the honour list:

1- dr. house

2- Dr_Heech

3-Entertainment

4-Joseph Hill

5-Zissou

6-eltopo

7-Fardin