ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

5267732504_d2d9c25ee5_b.jpg

rnr: Hey, Hilty baby! Did you hear? My dog has no nose.

Hitler: Ach, das ist unfortunate! How doss he schmell?

rnr: TERRIBLE! HA HA HA HAH!

Hitler: Das was not funny! Ver are da schooper jeans you promised me!?

hey, so RnR now that there is proof to this whole jean time machine biznat can you go back and prevent Coldplay,Creed, and the rest of the crappy bands no one really likes from ever getting together?

+ rep. Maybe even prevent the respective parents of their constituent members from ever getting together?

hey, so RnR now that there is proof to this whole jean time machine biznat can you go back and prevent Coldplay,Creed, and the rest of the crappy bands no one really likes from ever getting together?

Dude, I tried to catch all of the bands. I got a lot of them. That's why you don't hear of them, but I was able to turn the lead singer of Creed onto heroine, crack, and a whole ton of booze. I also tried to get the nickelback dude to jump off of a cliff, but he was too dumb to listen to me.

i'm confused, you have a time machine and yet you're fucking up as far as convincing this guy suicide really is painless?!

so essentially you're the kind of guy who takes a package of do-overs out of the fridge uses one and then leaves it out on the counter to expire?

remind me not to invite you over for cupcakes on my birthday in two weeks

My pop called today, and said that I had a package from San Francisco. I started to jump around, then realized it should have been from Oakland. Turns out it was my Unionmade canvas handshake totes. Dang package came in like a day, I'm used to stuff taking a week. To double the letdown, they only sent one instead of two I ordered. It's a nice tote though.

You should neg rep unionmade.

No negativity for UNIONMADE, it's good stuff, and shipped super fast. They just got eclipsed by the phenomenon of looming ROYness. And I'm sure things will get sorted in no time.

No negativity for UNIONMADE, it's good stuff, and shipped super fast. They just got eclipsed by the phenomenon of looming ROYness. And I'm sure things will get sorted in no time.

I was just kidding, kinda poking fun at pos/neg rep as if it is the only way to inform people that you support/not support them. Trivial stuff.

I talked to ROY about that and he seemed to like the idea of a group vote, which kinda puts me at a disadvantage due to all my shit talking, but future rnr guaranteed that I win. I think a group vote, plus maybe a judge with a weighted vote. Maybe we vote and top 3 get given to ROY who then chooses. I don't think ROY wants to be put in that place though.

If there is a group vote, it would be pretty easy to set something up in survey monkey and only the folks in the contest get the link to it. I'd be happy to set it up, but it should probably be someone impartial (not that I'd go in and change the responses or anything... ;)). It could just be one vote for the best pair, but I think it would be even better if each person chose their top three. Then, the jeans with the most overall votes wins.

I kinda don't think that is the way to go... It runs the risk of ending up as a bit of a popularity contest.

Yeah, and then that means Paul T wins just because he helped so many people out with LVC sizing.

In the end I don't really care who wins. i just hope everybody participates with a decent amount of wear on the jeans.

I kinda don't think that is the way to go... It runs the risk of ending up as a bit of a popularity contest.

Perhaps, but I'd be surprised if anyone is in this truly just to win it. It's going to be a fun year.

If you really want to make it impartial, someone could randomly assign numbers to everyone for the final judging. Then again, you could probably still tell to whom some of the jeans belong...

Perhaps, but I'd be surprised if anyone is in this truly just to win it. It's going to be a fun year.

If you really want to make it impartial, someone could randomly assign numbers to everyone for the final judging. Then again, you could probably still tell to whom some of the jeans belong...

That's the way.

Heck, I'd even take myself out of the prize-winning portion of the contest if you want me to organize it. I don't wear boxers much, so I don't need a bunch of pairs (despite how amazing they surely will be), but I'm looking forward to the pair that comes with the jeans.

^ Truth, equal hate is the ultimate impartiality.

I was originally thinking of a panel of judges with Roy, Ralph and maybe another Cone dude / well respected SuFu member?

But I'm fine with a fair group vote as well - to be honest the process is much more important to me than the end point...I don't really wear boxers either :P

I believe Roy6 and I had that idea early on as well. We wanted ROY, Ralph, and someone else. I was thinking henry wong from the denim news blog. He used to work at Cone as well. Anther potential judge is RingxRing.

Of course none of this really matters right. It has been engraved in stone by the Knights Templar that I shall win this.