ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I think TG and rnr are dirty liars.

Hey, that's a very rude way of saying we are full of shit.

Wear it hanging out your back pocket, tie it on your head like a babushka, around your neck, folded in your blazer chest pocket, tie it just below your left knee (like we did in elementary school in the eighties for some reason), put yer arm in a sling, double up yer chambray skivvies with a boldly printed loin cloth, stitch it to the back of yer denim jacket punk style, emphasize the crotchal area of the requisite ROYs. Dr H, the bandana IS mandatory. Your method is of course optional.

I know Steve Jones was the technical heart of that band, but sometimes it looks like he accidentally stepped into the picture (or in the case of the video above, he thought the band was headlining a pirate-themed dinner cruise).

sex_pistols.jpg

Goddamnit, get the prop assistant out of the photo!

how big are the bandanas anymway? i want it around my neck, presto , i want one of the brown or the green one.

great video paul, they always remind me of greil marucs book lipstick traces, one of my all time favorites

Hold on a minute - do we have to wear bandana's?

It's not mandatory surely?

I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing one of those hanging out of my back pocket, and I sure ain't gonna wear it on my head !

(a handkerchief perhaps...)

If the bandana in pocket thing is too flashy for you, you could go with the more subtle bandana-under--hat-look:

boy-george-then.jpg

See, It's barely noticeable.

wow nice! i hope i get the manly looking one!
how big are the bandanas anymway? i want it around my neck, presto , i want one of the brown or the green one.
I want ducky, dkatz!!!!

Thanks for picking those up for us :)

Hah it's fun to hear what you guys "want" and then look at what you're actually getting ;)

(yes I'm power tripping in my own little, little way)

Fardin- they're just marginally larger than my Sugarcane bandanna, so pretty much standard bandanna size...?

I plan on wearing mine bandito style

cripsint.jpg

just like a real gangster..

Please, PLEASE do! Come visit me, Farhad and rnr in SoCal and we'll take you to the LBC, Inglewood or Compton like that.

Then, when you're beaten to a nice pulp, we'll steal your jeans (which will have some pretty sweet gang-beating fades) and leave you unconscious and pantsless.

That is, until we realize you're also wearing your ROY chambray boxers....

You going to wear it raw? Feel like I would give it a good wash. Have you seen dkatz pants. PeeeeeUUuuuuu!

GOOD CALL. HAH! Actually they're pretty stiff when raw, so a couple washes might be a good idea to soften them up anyway. I thought about doing so for you guys, but decided you can do it your damn selves.

BE ADVISED, though: some of these kitenge fabrics bleed like mad!

Ohh I really do plan on wearing it like that. I do that when its super cold and I got a long walk so I can cover my face..

I seemed to have lost my RRL bandana so this new dkatz special will be perfect. thanks again danny boy

so a week or two ago people were talking about laundering techniques...

laundry soap hadn't been invented in 1910, I know my grandfather talked about using lye soap during the depression, he said some folks even used

'chamber lye'

i suppose if any of you guys(and gal) want authentic contest winning fades this might be an approach worth pursuing.

(paul's probably going to school me on actual 1910 denim laundering techniques now)