ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

aho- what are yours measuring RAW if you don't mind me asking.

I asked for a 33 and mine RAW measure at just below 35!!! If they don't shrink a lot then I won't be able to wear mine.

please post some post soak measures whoever has got them.

The details on these are insane. I can't believe he went to such great lengths for these jeans for a limited run of just 30. I kinda hope he can use some of the R&D of these on other jeans he will be making.

I haven't measured mine, but they look like they should shrink up just to where they should be after soak.

patchcropped2.jpg

Just noticed this.....Awesome! Jealous of you all!

Where was this posted?

Where was this posted?

It's from my own personal collection actually. I emailed ROY soon after this thread started, he gave me a prototype pair out of sheer kindness. In other words, I BEEN HAD ROY.

tqnS2KnjlDU

Okay. I'm finished. I'll continue being jealous now.

Holy crap mine came in earlier today but I couldn't post about it till now! LOL time to try them on, measure, etc. but let me just say that these are every bit as much worth it as anyone could have hoped for!

I have a feeling these will fit PERFECTLY after a hot soak...I'm in love I can't wait til we can post pictures, etc!

EDIT 2: Can't get enough of the details on these....love the fabric, pocket bags, everything! Not to mention, the most detailed/ridiculous boxers I've ever had lol

EDIT 3: top block raw reminds me of my SUO Sugarcane 1966's....measurements in a sec! Denim itself is streaky, very grey (can't wait to see it darken up after a soak!) and the plain selvage is perfect! A lot of the stitching is vintage-esque (small thread size for the waist band reminds me of the 1001XX 15th Anniversary Warehouse!), V-stitch, hammered rivets (?), and the very pockets I've been waiting for (won't spoil things too much)...

Asked for a size 32:

Waist: 32

Front: 11.25

Back: 13.8

Thigh (BiG): 12.5 (might be off)

Knee: 9 and 2mm

Inseam: 33.5 (wanted to shrink to 31)

LO: 8.75

I can't get enough! If you ain't hyped, get HYPED! There's no way in hell I'm letting these go no matter what they end up post soak, I'm keeping/wearing baby! haha

Last EDIT: Contemplating soaking tomorrow so I can get better raw pictures but it's definitely going to be a difficult wait...

Oooooo :) I asked for a 32 as well - praying the measurements are the same! Good stuff Aho!!

^Apparently I use a lot of exclamation points LOL...But very excited for this contest as you can tell. I REALLY want to wait until tomorrow before I soak so I can get proper pre-soak pictures but hell I don't think I'll make it through the night without doing so...

Hey aho, I say just wait it out...The contest doesn't officially start till the first anyway (and maybe later if others don't get their jeans in time) so even if you did soak em now you wouldn't (or shouldn't!) wear 'em for the next few days.

But hey, who am I?

im figuring ill be last to get mine and it will be well past 1.01.11,,, yall go on with out me

my pre newyears resolution is to not read ANY sizing stuff cause it will make me all skittery and nervous and thats unbecoming on a lady

My girlfriend just informed me of my roys arrival. Unfortunately I'm in Oklahoma with family until the 30th!! Looks like I'll have a few more days of insane anticipation. Hope mine fit cause I don't think I'll have em soaked in time for a trade. Ugggggggjjjjjhhhhhh.

I keep discovering new little hidden details every time I look at these...My girlfriend is just looking at me drool and burst in excitement everytime I find something new, she must think I'm going insane...As far as the fabric itself, THIS is how denim should feel!

nvm- I need to learn how to read...

I asked for a 33Wx max inseam, and as long as the raw waist is at least 34", I'll be happy.

In other words, I BEEN HAD ROY.

Okay. I'm finished. I'll continue being jealous now.

That video's fuckin funny. I could see Paul T moseying around his bedroom talking 'bout "I been had LVC!"

im figuring ill be last to get mine and it will be well past 1.01.11,,, yall go on with out me

Same boat...unless they come tomorrow.

I am dying. Had to make an overnight trip, and I am saddened to think my roys are sitting on the stoop waiting for my return home.

What if someone takes it???

Joking :P

I'm soaking now (did anyone really think I'd last through the night? lol) so we'll see just how much they do indeed shrink down...

Some anecdotes: I did an initial soak in hottest tap water for about an hour which turned the water brownish yellow. Dumped it out and swished around and I'm getting a lot more blue this time around. I'll leave it for a second hour after which I will swish it around vigorously some more to ensure as much shrinkage as possible. Quick 15 min. soak again with hottest tap water for good measure then hang dry overnight. (Info overload but I'm going to document everything!) Pictures will accompany this post once we hit the official start date.

I'm soaking now (did anyone really think I'd last through the night? lol) so we'll see just how much they do indeed shrink down...

Some anecdotes: I did an initial soak in hottest tap water for about an hour which turned the water brownish yellow. Dumped it out and swished around and I'm getting a lot more blue this time around. I'll leave it for a second hour after which I will swish it around vigorously some more to ensure as much shrinkage as possible. Quick 15 min. soak again with hottest tap water for good measure then hang dry overnight. (Info overload but I'm going to document everything!) Pictures will accompany this post once we hit the official start date.

I didn't think you would be able to wait.:D

hey markus, yes it was great last night. we ll do it again soon. i ve been drinking too much beer lately .

yeah you guys make me crazy if farhads 33 are to big then i can swap with him, mine will be 32. but markus is right how can tzhe 33 measure 35 and the 32 32 ??

hey markus, yes it was great last night. we ll do it again soon. i ve been drinking too much beer lately .

yeah you guys make me crazy if farhads 33 are to big then i can swap with him, mine will be 32. but markus is right how can tzhe 33 measure 35 and the 32 32 ??

I think when we were sizing, Roy asked what size we wanted to be left with after soaks/washing as the denim is proper STF due to it's untreated 'loomstate' (I asked for a 34, so am assuming it will measure 36), hence Farhads 35's will shrink to a 33. I think aho just asked for a 32, 'cos they'll shrink down to a 30 (approx) which is what he wanted to end up with. Correct me If I'm wrong guys.

aho's look like a peculiarity, he asked for 32 after soak.

've ordered 32. So mine will either measure 32, like aho's, or just under 34 like farhad's. I'll be happy with either. All it means is that i'll soak the smaller version cold, or wash the larger version hot. I'll play with what I'm dealt, and still whup futurernr.

THe yellow water on first soak sounds good; that's what I've had with some of my fave jeans, including 60s Levi's originals.