ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Measured 36w 34l. Cant for the life of me remember what I finally asked for (that couple of days is all such a blur now). They look like they should end up perfect with a shrink. I can't decide if I want to soak them right away though. Unsoaked would definitely require suspenders, which I was almost pretty set on anyhow. The question then is do I go for sewn on buttons to the inside (to keep a clean profile) or Bucksaw logger buttons on the outside, which might interfere if I did want a belt now and again. I may just have to soak them anyway as the cuffs are monsters in this denim weight.

Come on man. Logger style dude and soak them shits!

Also, I think sansome (Mike Harris) has found boat sails/tarps in the mines before. i wonder if that stuff has the selvage line on it as well?

Really interesting about the duck, Paul! Thanks for that.

Pre/post soak measurements:

waist: 34.5”/33”

front rise: 11.5”/10.5”

back rise: 16.25”/14.75”

thigh: 13”/12.25”

knee: 9.25”/8.75”

hem: 9”/8.5”

inseam: 39.5”/36.5” this will give me about a 3.5” single cuff

I'm wearing them damp for a bit right now, and my hands and feet are all blue. The fit is spot on for me. There is definitely a little more room in the top block, but I am looking forward to it. The waist is a little snug, and I'm sure it will stretch easily. I'll be sewing Ca. 1910 USN 5/8" anchor buttons to the outside of the waist band for suspenders.

I'm looking forward to everyone having their jeans! This thread will explode with photos. I keep typing something about the details and then having to delete it :)

Paul - amazing stuff! And I too am looking forward to the interviews!

These Roys are... Over the top! They surpassed my wildest expectations! And them boxer shorts... :D

I ordered 32/33. A hasty measurement puts them at 33/35. Will soak today! :)

Soaked mine last night.

The water turned all hot pink and green from the pink/green fabric of the stitched in panty liners... ooops I shouldn't let the details out.

Took a bath today for the first time in a long time. Figured I'd try the 'intimate' soak. It is a very strange sensation. Now I'm just cold and clammy sitting in a towel. My denim 'socks' have become heavy ankle stacks, and everything stays up without a belt. New measurements when everything is properly dry.

I soaked last night, I too saw the pink and green but there was also a little bit of deep purple from the hidden velour waist pocket.

actually I got the standard brownish/yellow followed by greenish blue.

After listening to the chatter and seeing my jeans I knew they'd be perfect after a soak,I wasn't too concerned with measurements since Roy asked us what we wanted. I can comfortably button them and I have about a 4 inch cuff so Roy kept his promise as they fit PERFECTLY.

Picked my pair up from the postal office today. They are currently soaking. Like everyone else, I think these are amazing.

Pre soak

Waist: ~34.5"

Inseam ~37"

Too bad superfuture is going to crash on 1/1/11 with all the pics & post in this thread.

The world crashes on 1.1.11 and the jeans takeover. I am called back from the future to battle the jeans and I come out victorious on 2.1.12

holy sh*t

these are freaking awesome.

Roy ; thank you so much for being such a great person and making these awesome pants.

thank you Paul T for inviting me to join last summer. this is way more than I expected.

thank you Cone Mills for making such an amazing fabric. it's actually very similar to my 1915s but waaaaaaaaaaay heavier. so soft too.

mine are soaking right now. super hot - near boiling cause these babies are BIG. they are loose on the waist but stay up without a belt, but the thighs are huge, kinda like my 37s were.

my measurements were :

Ordered: 35

presoak:

waist: 36

Inseam: 36

Thigh: 12.75

knee: 9.5

Hem: 9.25

Front rise: 12

back rise: 16

Speaking of irons, I just ironed my outseam to increase the traintrack action.