ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I for one think that Roy is gonna have a surprise up his sleeve. I remember from reading the Roy thread before that he went above and beyond. I'm sure he's gonna do a great job with details.

I do secretly wish and hope that our names will be embroidered on the inside pockets somewhere, but wether that takes place or not I will be equally happy.

I actually just picked up a nice pair of braces and I am totally planning on sewing on or installing some buttons for them on these jeans.

A belt on no suspender days would be nice too.

I'd thought that too- the prototypes remind me a lot of LVC 1901s, so susp... braces seems like a natural. I wonder if the cut will work, though. With brace-jeans the rear rise is usually cut significantly higher. If the contest jeans have a more even cut to the front & back rise, that could torque the whole crotch back, making a kind of tight fit for "the boys".

Anyway, rnr, aren't you one of the downsizers? Braces on fitted jeans is kind of skinheady...

Dr_Heech, thanks for the vote! I am actually hoping TG pulls it off so we are treated to eight days worth of beach in boxers fit pics.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexatcly Roy6.

will certainly be better than if rnr wins and we see fit pics of him wearing them on his head!!!

Speaking of, planning a january meet up for this contest. as there's 4 of us in socal (dkatz a socal native will be back) I thought so cal will be a good location :)

zizzou might be able to make it and there's a chance that eltopo will be in town as well.

Roy6 would you drive down? anyone else interested in coming?

(.....drum roll/cymbals!)

Hey '501' rep.

Maybe if we can have a UK meet (London probably) you could come up and ogle all our RxC's over a few beers?

:D

That's mighty kind of you sir. I'd be ever so humble.

***** touches forelock *****

:)

I actually just picked up a nice pair of braces and I am totally planning on sewing on or installing some buttons for them on these jeans.

A belt on no suspender days would be nice too.

As I am going to wear these every day I am thinking of braces, but am not sure entirely. especially in summer when I tend to bic my hair.

really hope I can get things squared away and make some room for extra purchases to accompany these jeans. A belt is definitely in order, as this jankety target belt I have now is not really fit to accompany my OG roys let alone the new ones.

Also, I feel like there have been far too few 'cinch' puns in this thread.

robbie

Why are y'all yanks calling them braces for anyhow? Aren't they suspenders to you?

Yeah, but acerbicallynice made a whole lot of fun of me for calling them "suspenders". Something about cross-dressing, which was probably just projection on his part.

Roy6 would you drive down? anyone else interested in coming?

I could probably be talked into that.

No pics, until everybody has received their jeans, so the surprise is equal for everybody.

No pics, until everybody has received their jeans, so the surprise is equal for everybody.

That's more reasonable. The yanks will get them first, but no one posts photos until the last one comes home, somewehre in the Eastern hemisphere. (or perhaps, knowing their postal system, Italy).

WE can count them all in... and then the last will be first .

tassle loafers used to be modstyle.

or are you talking of this awkwardly early eighties two-tone thing?

tassled loafers have been a lot of things over the years. my dad used to rock them pretty much exclusively - and he's just your standard ol' dad.

but loafers (esp tassled) and brogues are just as skin as boots in my mind.

2389410823_3a73f890ab.jpg

^ lower left corner. it was a lot harder than i thought it would be to find a photo of a skin in tassled loafers. the fringe under the tassles (the "kiltie" i believe it's called) is also a must in this style.

i think Loake was the company back then. i feel like fred perry produced a variation on these within the last few years.

to be honest, i'm also a fan of two tone steez, but i think that's mostly just a reimagining of 60s soul & r&b style. anyone seen the specials SNL set (season 1 or 2) recently? hot fire. shit aged well.

Did everyone get their sizes in?

I noticed someone mentioned half-sizes for the waist. Don't go there. It's full sizes only. I think it's best to keep things clean and simple and do what he says, if your normal post-shrink size is, say, one inch smaller then go for it - but at your own risk, and don't even entertain hassling ROY with your internal debate.

Did everyone get their sizes in?

I noticed someone mentioned half-sizes for the waist. Don't go there. It's full sizes only. I think it's best to keep things clean and simple and do what he says, if your normal post-shrink size is, say, one inch smaller then go for it - but at your own risk, and don't even entertain hassling ROY with your internal debate.

I went with one inch smaller than fully stretched. This has served me well over the years. My MFSCs even stretch out too big these days and I have to soak them fairly often...

I ordered mine too. And almost instantly worried about the sizing....

I know what you mean. But there is a big upside for me. At least if I totally fuck up in an embarrassing way on the sizing, it might stop all those PMs about 1947 LVC. That would give me, what, an extra 12 minutes a say, that's 73 hours in a year - it could give me a couple of extra months of time on this planet, to drink cocktails sitting by the motel pool.