The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Well, the hem is notably wider on the 3005, 9.5vs8.9 on a 34, and 8.7vs8 on a 30.

Plus the 3005 has a traditional pocket shape, and cotton thread.

The F380 has the re-profiled assym pocket, and poly-cotton thread.

3005 and F380 ARE diff cuts though. The Frontier equiv is the... F350.

edit: the measurements listed on Selfedge aren't much help really... thigh measurements taken at the crotch don't tell much at all. Check the pics. Go a little further down the thigh, and those measurements would show much more diff

For more of a help

F350 (listed as 'straight' on 2nd)

F380 (listed as 'narrow straight'... or furontianarosuttoretto...)

fh-f350-04.JPGfh-f380-04.JPG

after some 'research' on the topic of waist sizing for flat heads on my own pairs and feedback from other sufu users (so, no real news for you!), I would like to bring the following statement to discussion:

'all flat head jeans shrink about 1.5" in the waist from raw state after a hot soak. they stretch back to raw size after a few days of wear and either end up there or stretch for another 0.5"'

comments?

edit: i think this is basically true for all unsanforized denim. see also here:

http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-to-get-right-size-and-cut_04.html

edit: which would also mean, that i would need a tagged 35 in nearly all unsanforized denim, which basically does not exist. damnit!

ok so if im a 31 true size, what size should i get for flathead f 380 raw unsanforized???

Get a size 32 and do a 45 minute hot soak, here's the size chart to help you out:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=210

anything good or interesting that i can fade in my back left pocket 4 my flathead jeans?? i hav a wallet in the right back pocket

thanks

Using an item that you really wouldn't need with you is really weak in my opinion. Do what's natural, i'm sure your wallet imprint will look good over time...

anything good or interesting that i can fade in my back left pocket 4 my flathead jeans?? i hav a wallet in the right back pocket

thanks

brass knuckles, but only if you smash people's faces in on a daily basis.

And I agree, there can never be too many pictures of these jeans. 1001's after 1 and a half months of wear (8-10 miles of cycling to and from class everyday), and the blue is just breaking through. But it's beautiful. Teaser. More pictures in a couple months

IMG_5633.jpg

is the only difference between 1001 and 3001 that the 1001 is just thicker?

and are these super slim? and should i get true to size or size up or down?

From the self edge website about the 1001:

The famous 3001 cut by Flat Head, does it even need an explanation? The 3001 has been updated with a heavier weight 16oz denim and now comes with a button fly.

No they aren't super slim and they aren't tapered.

I would size down. I did a little less than true to size (Got a 31 and I'm in between 31 and 32), as they stretch quite a bit after an initial soak.

I'm looking at getting a pair of F380's.. my Imperial's just don't have enough room in the thigh for me. I have a pair of Skull's in 33 that fit really comfortably... what size F380 should I get? 33 as well?

Get a size 33 in the F380 as well...

Thank you... fast answer :). Will I be able to expect a little more room in my thighs/quads than with the Skulls?

If you have 5010's then yes, if you have the 5507 then no.