The Flat Head

LFC4ever

thanks turn

My eternals measured 31 when i got them, stretched out pretty fast, so i think I could deal with 32 since they seem to streth alot, do they streth more than 1'' as stated on SE's websit?. But at the same time I'm looking to wear them lower than my eternals...I'll have to think about it.

they do stretch!

thx for the comparison to the eternals, i will definitly wait to get a 35 measured after a hot soak, meaning a tagged 36.

i'd say go true to size. i've been wearing mine everyday and i'd say that the leg opening has stretched back to post-soak if not a tad bigger, but that might be because i have wide feet and im a size 29. I'm guessing RyanF's fit on his bsp's would give you the best idea of 32s.

I've been meaning to upload my F310 for a while but I havent had time but here you go!

they are size 30, true size 31.5, been wearing them since 02/01/08 practically everyday and washed once a month after the six month mark before that was only soak when required.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa173/johnlaw1314/07112008034.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa173/johnlaw1314/07112008033.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa173/johnlaw1314/07112008036.jpg

Quick question: If I wear a 30 in Somet 008, what size should I be looking to get in FH BSPs? 33?

Get a size 32 in the BSP....

I'm intending to get a F310. However, I'm not too sure of what size I should get after taking into account shrinking after soak and stuff. I wear a size 28 on nudie grim tims but they are not secured on my waist but has an allowance of about 0.5-1 inches. Should I heed the advice to size up 1 size on the Flathead or keep to size 28 ?

Would really appreciate the help.

I'm intending to get a F310. However, I'm not too sure of what size I should get after taking into account shrinking after soak and stuff. I wear a size 28 on nudie grim tims but they are not secured on my waist but has an allowance of about 0.5-1 inches. Should I heed the advice to size up 1 size on the Flathead or keep to size 28 ?

Would really appreciate the help.

Get a size 29 in the F310...

just got my F310s, they fit tight around the waist but not painfully tight. Should I cold soak them or hot soak them.. i need to get them hemmed too

just do a room temp or slightly warm soak. It will shirnk them some so that the fade wont be at your thighs post-wash later on down the road, but should also keep them from getting too tight.

well a tub is normally easier and it also causes no friction so you loose no dye but FH's are dyed like no other, so a bucket should do fine... change the water out every 30-45 minutes with the hottest water out of the tap and they should shrink up quite a bit more, mine shrunk through three soaks and a wash.

i never understand this 'cold or hot soak' issue. its unsanforized denim, so it will eventually shrink down to a certain volume overall. so why not get it all out the way now? of course they will expand with wear between washes, but my point is you can't escape the shrinkage either way. either size up a notch, or buy sanforized denim. one hot soak wont get max. shrinkage anyway. gotta let the cottons yarns dry, and repeat 2-3 times. i prefer a bucket, cause i use less water, and change it faster when it goes cold. the friction from dropping the jeans in a bucket wont fuck up the lousiest STFs. i wont recommend anything less than a boiling series of soaks...period.

it depends on the fit after the initial soak. for example, i do an initial cold soak and like the fit, and i wear for 5 months or so, and they need a soak or wash. in theory, they combs would match up best if i did a cold soak or wash. If i did anything involving hotter water, it would mean a jean thats shrunk more than after your initial soak, resulting in a jean with creases that wont match up.

hope that makes as much sense as it did in my head.

Wow, some deep shit going on here. Call me careless, but I never gave a fuck about how my combs match up. No diss homey, but these are jeans that are quality and I think they it should be left at that. Meaning, just left to be worn and enjoyed. For anyone, if you want a slim fit, size down That's it. Honestly, I wanted a slimmer fit for my bsp's but i didn't get it after two hot soaks. I may get if after while, maybe. Either way, I'm wearing these shits!!! Honestly, there's alot of questions about jeans which is obviously relevant to the forum. But just wear your fucking jeans!!! You will love them!!!

My thing is that im getting more into denim than the fit bc the fit will be optional to us at all times(slim, straight, regular, etc.) im actually excited to see how my first pair of flatheads wear and fade. Ive worn the sexi04's for 10 months everyday and i've experienced how imperials fade/stretch, etc. Fuck it yall, lets do it!!!

X-POSTED from evolution thread.

First wash.... about 8 months of wear i think. Kind of lost count. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.

anyways here they are. color is pretty accurate. crotch blew out about 2 months ago... got it fixed and patched up. its holding up well. im going to where these for the winter, then a final wash, then retire them. =)

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

my next everyday will either be the FH1001, so sam710s...

leaning towards the 1001... but time will tell.