The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hmm.. probably safest to wait until i can try it on.  Kinda weird... flat head has been letting me down with their size 40 shirts recently!

And honestly broark, I think that jacket is kinda fugly looking.

This one looks way doper to me...

nZi6Q5N.jpg

Yeah, i cant wait for mine to look like that one.. whenever I'm not wearing jeans i have my jacket on.  

Also, for anyone into compliments... seriously pick up the wabash.  I don't think I've ever gotten as many compliments as I have on that piece of clothing, except for maybe the classic hula girl sun surf shirt!

Nice one Iron Horse. The fabric on that shirt is amazing. I tried on a bunch of different TFH gear at Take5 over the weekend (just before the end of their sale with an extra 5% off for members - did they offer this in Taipei?) and came away with the Type II jacket. Picture over in the TCB Contest thread 'cause I don't want to spam.

Nice one Iron Horse. The fabric on that shirt is amazing. I tried on a bunch of different TFH gear at Take5 over the weekend (just before the end of their sale with an extra 5% off for members - did they offer this in Taipei?) and came away with the Type II jacket. Picture over in the TCB Contest thread 'cause I don't want to spam.

They had a sale at the Taipei store here spread out over three weekends; each weekend had different select items, and I believe they were all 50% off. Almost sprung for some Sugar Cane cotton duck pants, but they're a bit roomy. Some good items on sale though, but I probably shouldn't buy more jeans at the moment.

FINALLY found a pair of flat heads to get me back into the family. Havent owned a pair in almost a year. Bought a gently used pair of 1001 with the arcs removed. Pumped about it. Will report back soon when they arrive.

Nice jean and good fit :)

Question! I've read some really interesting articles about how The Flat Head jeans are made, like these:

http://www.denimhunters.com/2014/11/how-the-flat-head-jeans-are-made/

and

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/06/how-its-made-behind-the-scenes-at-the-flat-heads-denim-factories-2/

But I coudn't read in which mill TFH denim is made and by What's kind of vintage shuttle loom... does anybody of you guys know?

Cheers!

I wrote the second article - they use vintage Toyoda shuttle looms, they're dyed in Hiroshima prefecture and woven in Okayama. That's all I can say!

I'm doing a brand spotlight for reddit. Care if I quote you in any of those articles or here?

^ What don't you like about them?

I got them gently worn and the arcs were removed. The main reason though is even with a hem they're still too wide below the knee for me by about .75"

Maybe I'll just tailor them.

nD1GwOj.png

Edited by cmboland

Thanks guys, I like the fit more and more each time I put them on.

However, I did find a small snag along the outer seam of the left leg. I don't think it's something I should be worried about, not yet at least. I tried my best to snap a few photos (I have this brand new DSLR and no clue how to use it) . 

Have a look for yourselves:

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

NOTICE THE SUPER HAIRY DELICIOUSNESS!!!

PS - If my images appear extremely big, I do apologize. I recently switched from Windows over to a Mac and I am having trouble resizing images. I swear.

Edited by whozdrew?

That denim looks dope...

I feel super hard on my skateboard yesterday and ripped a little hole in the knee of my 3005's, ouch!

Also, added some DOPE new rjb/fh stuff to my sales thread.

anyone know when the spring summer stuff is coming?

That denim looks dope...

I feel super hard on my skateboard yesterday and ripped a little hole in the knee of my 3005's, ouch!

Also, added some DOPE new rjb/fh stuff to my sales thread.

anyone know when the spring summer stuff is coming?

Fall/Winter is still shipping to all stores through January.. Spring won't be till March 1st or so.

Received these in the mail from another SuFu user and decided that theyre going to be great for me after all after the soak. Pretty pumped to be one of the 50 people who own a pair of these.

Pretty cool patch and hidden arcs like the SE05BSP

14.5oz 3xxx denim

Got them unhemmed , unsoaked and unworn but theyre still 4 years old.

Ive seen some hate towards these like its a negative thing to be a collab with NF but realistically..... Everything is Flat Head except for the cut.

VQCOLmL.png

74JNxYW.png

Heres some crappy phone fit pics

PRE SOAK Measurements 35" waist

12.75" thigh

8.75" knee

8" hem

34.5" inseam

Will update with DSLR fit pics and measurements after soak.

I'm  5'10 175lbs for reference and got these true to size. i wear a 34 in 3sixteen ST 120x and a 32 in NF weird guy.

VNmPWAU.jpg
W9tBwDF.jpg

DdcvVCV.jpg

Edited by cmboland

Those might be too tight after you've got all the shrinkage out, but good luck!

they shrunk ALOTTTTT

Waist: 32"

Thigh: 11.75

Knee: 8.4"

Hem 7.5"

Inseam 31.5"

A tad tight on me but i dont mind it. Theyll stretch a bit and i didnt have any difficulty putting them on. Fit pics will be put in this post in a bit for you to all judge. It's deifnitely too tight for some.

That is a crazy amount of shrinkage even for Flat Head.  I'd wear 'em for a bit though, I definitely think the waist and thigh should shrink back to close to the pre-soak measurements.

This kind of stuff is why I don't want to bother with unsanforized denim anymore.  I hate the sizing guessing game (especially since I can't try stuff on first.)  Really, I wish all the retailers would just one-wash their unsanforized jeans to get most of the shrink out.