The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Are there any faded pictures of the SE05BSP anywhere?

I'm really hung up on what pair of Flat Heads I should pick up. I'm looking for a cut that isn't incredibly tight in the top block and tapers from the knee down.

I was thinking of either the 3009 or sizing up on the SE05BSP.

Or maybe even the Ring Ring collab.

I don't really know what route to take.

That's what I was thinking too, but it looks like SE is sold out in my size.

Or maybe I could wait for that 20 oz Pronto collaboration.

SENY and SELA have full size runs if you'd like to place a phone order.

Thanks for the heads up!

The only thing I'm worried about with the 3009 is that the knee might be too roomy. I'm trying to find something similar in fit to the Rogue Territory Stanton.

broark: The SE05BSP is made from the same 3000/Pioneer denim as most FH jeans pictured on here, so if you've seen how 3001s/F310s/etc. fade, then you'll get a good idea of what the BSP can do. 

Compared to the Stanton, the BSP has a shorter back rise (like most FH jeans), a slightly fuller thigh, and a slightly stronger taper at the hem. Comparing the size 32 Stanton and 3009, they're both about the same from the knee down and have a similar rise, but the 3009 has about 1" more in the thigh, and the waist is true to size. 

The BSP, 3002, and 4002 are slim tapered cuts.  The 3009 is perfect for someone who wants a roomy thigh but a smaller leg opening. What the 3009 is not, however, is a true slim straight fit; it's a tapered straight fit.  Unfortunately, Flat Head doesn't currently offer anything that I would consider a slim straight cut in the vein of the APC New Standard/Samurai S710xx/3Sixteen SL-100x. I think that the RJB 106BSP is the closest you can get.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Thanks so much Kyle for the detailed reply, after some consideration I think I'm going to place a phone order to one of the SE shops for the 3009! I was looking into heavier denim for my next purchase but I think the 3009 is what I've been looking for in all likelihood. The 14 oz weight should be a good year round weight for the weather here in Texas.

Broark: Yep, I think the 3009 is what you want.  I'm a Texas native too, actually (grew up in Houston) and somehow I managed to survive wearing BSPs in Houston when I went home for a week last summer, 3009s are roomier so you should be fine.

Really, I think the 14.5 Pioneer denim is the perfect weight/thickness.  I'm not as crazy about heavyweight denim as a lot of folks here. It's a tight weave and doesn't breathe very well, but if you're not wearing it super-tight it's comfortable in summer.

Here in Austin it's pretty hot, more of a dry heat. Right now I'm wearing my Momotaro 1705's which are a great summer jean at only 10 oz. I was really looking into some more heavy weight denim mainly because I've never had anything above 15 oz. But from the fading pictures I've seen of the 3009 they look quite nice.

sorry guys. Excuse my newbness. But whats the difference between THC and not THC

BTW awesome jeans ^^

The THC is a series of tees that aren't loopwheeled.  A lot of FH's other ones are but after handling both, I've realized that they are honestly the same.  I think the THC tee I just picked up may be my favorite.

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

I will have 3009 fade pictures for you guys at the end of summer.  But I haven't seen many 3009 fade pictures yet!  It seems like only recently that more people on the forums have started buying them.

Haggy: Those look great.  Those are proof that you can wash FH jeans often and still get a nice color and more gentle sort of contrast. 

jcohen26: The THC tees are made from a heavyweight all-cotton fabric, have triple-stitched collars, and round construction with no side seams.  These have a slim, short fit, and have a biker-influenced sort of styling.  Other tees are made with loopwheeled fabric, jersey knits, or other types of cotton.  Series like the V and U-necks and Henley tees are more contemporary, while the TD tees have more of a vintage style.

XzuLLX: All the ladies working for Flat Head wear them!  Actually, some of the best fades I've seen in real life are from the ladies' jeans.

Ben: I love that Native Dimensions tee, it was definitely my favorite from the new tees at the expo a month ago.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Flat Head makes tees almost year round, but it's still split into spring/summer and fall/winter collections. In this case, some of the F/W items have been delivered very promptly - hence why those tees are already on sale.

I'm glad the 3009 is really starting to take off, it seems like there's a lot more interest in this model compared to a year earlier. 

Edited by Kyle@TFH

So Kyle, would you recommend going TTS on the 3009?

I'm just worried about the waist shrinking too much after a soak.

SE measurements have them listed as TTS pre soak while Rivet & Hide has measurements in the waist an inch bigger pre soak.

So Kyle, would you recommend going TTS on the 3009?

I'm just worried about the waist shrinking too much after a soak.

SE measurements have them listed as TTS pre soak while Rivet & Hide has measurements in the waist an inch bigger pre soak.

Hi Broark. Our measurements vary by an inch to SE as we measure the waist slightly differently by aligning the front waist band with the back. It is in effect the maximum measurement you can get from the waist. http://rivetandhide.com/measurement-guide/

IMO go TTS as a minimum or up one size in 3009 to account for the extra shrinkage in the Pioneer (3xxx) denim.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

This belt is sick! I'm a little nervous though as it fits me perfectly on the middle hole and not any tighter.  Keep it right? Not planning on getting huge soon or anything but you never know...

IMG_2530.jpg

And it's going to be so hard not to wear this tee every day. I love it!

Edited by itsbenhere

Thanks so much Kyle for the detailed reply, after some consideration I think I'm going to place a phone order to one of the SE shops for the 3009! I was looking into heavier denim for my next purchase but I think the 3009 is what I've been looking for in all likelihood. The 14 oz weight should be a good year round weight for the weather here in Texas.

Hey i'm in San Marcos and the heavyweight is fall winter only for me. I have some 21 oz overdyed ironhearts and it's not happening anytime but late fall and winter. I am planning on switching from my midweight eternal's back to my lightweight sugar canes soon.

Thanks for the tip Danny, I might size up one just in case. I've never really dabbled in unsanforized denim before so better safe that sorry!

Yeah I can't see rocking anything heavier than 17 oz here in Texas in all honesty. My 10 oz 1705s are perfect for summer and in the winter I was wearing jawnz anywhere from 12 to 15 oz most of the time. I think the 3009 will be good to start during the fall and then they'll be good and broken in by the time summer comes around.

Do the 3009s tend to fade very quickly?