The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I got some shrinkage out of my heavy winter flannel as well (hot wash 70 or 80 degrees C).

Regarding the 3005: I encounter my usual problem with many japanese cuts here: (same goes for Samurai S5000 or 510, IH 634 etc). :

If you wear a size 32+, the leg openings get incredibly wide and don't look good on us tall, but slim dudes.

I have a size 32 634, that looks perfect on the lower body, but is too tight in the upper part. If I size like I should (34), the legs look like baggypants. The 3005 has around 9,5" hems in size 34 if I am not mistaken. I would "need" 8,5" to make it look as good as a small japanese guy wearing 28. I guess that's because the bigger sizes in Japan are sold to bigger dudes, but not to lean tall ones.

The Alternative? Most of them (slim cuts) are cut for super skinny dudes and have low rises. Don't fit my thighs and make my asscrack show. That's why I praise slim straight cuts with long rise like the 710 so much.

Edited by Max Power

Sounds like you should try the 3009. It has a narrow leg opening but a normal rise and roomy thigh that's almost the same as on the 3005.

Also, I handled some 1005s today and they had a 37.5" inseam! The 1001 and 1005 are definitely longer than other FH jeans.

Edited by Cold Summer

I just received my FHxRJB 3002. I don't think I could have asked for a better fitting jean. I usually wear a 29 in most Japanese slim cuts, a 28 in straighter/looser patterns and I sized up to a 31 tagged on these. So glad I did! The thigh is perfect at 11.5 on the dot pre soak, knee is an 8, leg tappers to a 7.4ish, waist is a 31 (leaves me about 2" of room) and the rise is a roomy 10.5".

I am so stoked on these it's pathetic. Turned down a free lunch so I could get home from class to inspect them :blush:

Chubacca: All of FH's fabrics are high quality, it's really just a matter of personal preference. I probably like the Native Check and classic houndstooth fabric the most. If texture is your thing, the jacquard, dobby, and kasuri fabrics have the most detailed feel. The native check fabrics have a more subtle texture to them.

Rightyow77: Those are some cool jeans, I'm looking forward to seeing how the back pocket design looks as the denim ages.

@Cold Summer

The rear pockets are my favorite detail on these jeans. The indigo felt is supper soft and flexible, and the R.J.B red stitched Jolly Rodger all adds to the "better-than-sex" attitude I have towards these jeans at the moment. The denim is so rich, a deep, crisp indigo with beautiful contrast stitching,. The button fly on these is also super functional since the rise is of rouged proportions.

Sorry guys, I am just so F'in stoked on these things. Just been running my hand through them, smelling them and just generally fetishizing them since they came in today....but it's ok I don't have a problem I can stop whenever I want, I just ...er don't want to.

presoak pictures, details

Fl57Gpql.jpg6pEVnRll.jpgHUnJ50Rl.jpgdat der cell bitch^

LqB4meLl.jpgVMEfgjZl.jpg

Edited by Rightyow77

@Cold Summer

The rear pockets are my favorite detail on these jeans. The indigo felt is supper soft and flexible, and the R.J.B red stitched Jolly Rodger all adds to the "better-than-sex" attitude I have towards these jeans at the moment. The denim is so rich, a deep, crisp indigo with beautiful contrast stitching,. The button fly on these is also super functional since the rise is of rouged proportions.

Sorry guys, I am just so F'in stoked on these things. Just been running my hand through them, smelling them and just generally fetishizing them since they came in today....but it's ok I don't have a problem I can stop whenever I want, I just ...er don't want to.

presoak pictures, details

Fl57Gpql.jpg6pEVnRll.jpgHUnJ50Rl.jpgdat der cell bitch^

LqB4meLl.jpgVMEfgjZl.jpg

These look fantastic. IF you don't mind me asking, where'd you pick them up? Can't seem to find them online, or maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet...

A few places have them, or at least typing it into google popped up a number of results.

Frisbee on Rakuten

http://global.rakute.../item/10005061/

And Tate+Yoko, which is where I purchased mine from.

http://tateandyoko.c...apan-Blue-Slim-

Straight.html

Although both those measuring charts are off by my count. Personally measured mine and I had about +.5" in the thigh and -.5" in waist than what was noted on the page. All other measurements were about spot on for Tate+Yoko just have them double check the thigh before you order. Evan is a great guy gave me the measurements for my pair and here I am a happy lad.

Edited by Rightyow77

Looks like a good fit! Definitely keep us posted.

I compared a pair of 3002s to BSPs yesterday, and they definitely are pretty much the same fit. I'd say, get the BSPs if you want minimal detailing, a veg tan leather patch, and long inseam, and get the 3002 if you're shorter and prefer the classic FH details.

I got some shrinkage out of my heavy winter flannel as well (hot wash 70 or 80 degrees C).

Regarding the 3005: I encounter my usual problem with many japanese cuts here: (same goes for Samurai S5000 or 510, IH 634 etc). :

If you wear a size 32+, the leg openings get incredibly wide and don't look good on us tall, but slim dudes.

I have a size 32 634, that looks perfect on the lower body, but is too tight in the upper part. If I size like I should (34), the legs look like baggypants. The 3005 has around 9,5" hems in size 34 if I am not mistaken. I would "need" 8,5" to make it look as good as a small japanese guy wearing 28. I guess that's because the bigger sizes in Japan are sold to bigger dudes, but not to lean tall ones.

The Alternative? Most of them (slim cuts) are cut for super skinny dudes and have low rises. Don't fit my thighs and make my asscrack show. That's why I praise slim straight cuts with long rise like the 710 so much.

AMEN!...

the japanese got now love for big dudes that are into slimmer pants from the knee down...too bad! :)

Edited by ThinFinn

Tons of indigo left after five years of wear on those F380s (a good thing). Billionaire Boy, how often did you wash/soak those jeans and any info on repairs? Amazing jeans.

I didn't wash them for the first 12 months or so, and then i washed whenever i felt like it (roughly every month surprisingly...these were my going out in college jeans aka tons of filth and beer spillage)

I had the crotch reinforced and as you can see, tried to repair the rip in the front right pocket

thanks for the love guys. hope to decide on a new pair soon

hey cold summer im wearing size 32 F310 right now and i have been looking at the 3009 and 3005. i want something else with a tad higher rise and i kinda thought about eventually just getting a 33 f310. what do you guys think? P.S. i was also looking at real japan blue.

Edited by Maddogwellz

Also, my FH sneakers. Amazingly, their size 10 is the same as my 11.5 Vans.

sneakers_zps33128ba5.jpg

I had a pair of these in white last year, no kidding they're top quality and the first pair of sneaks in a long time that have given me blisters breaking the things in.

My 3009s are at one month of real wear and all settled in now. I think the fit looks a lot better than in the last fit pics, the top thigh doesn't look saggy anymore and the hip flare is gone. They feel really comfortable too and the creases have set in. I got a bike so they're probably going to start evolving a lot faster now, plus I'm wearing them all day 5-7 days a week. I'll take pics soon.

Freezie: Really? Wow. I've found these incredibly comfortable right from the start. They make Chucks feel like wearing bricks in comparison.

Edited by Cold Summer