The Flat Head

LFC4ever

^ i'd try on the different models...me personally if i was going fh i'd get the bsp since it's tapered and a quite distinct from the 634 cut..the other cuts (3001, 3009, 3005) are all more-or-less straight fits similar to 634 with the 3001 being a slim straight w/ slight taper, 3009 with bigger upper-thigh and more taper, and 3005 with less taper...the bsp sized up one from those is a slim-fitted yet comfortable in the top block and slim-tapered ..i would size up two from 634 for bsp, one for the others..don't know about the 2015 lol

Edited by ironheartfan123

1fookntitefd: Judging from IH's posted measurements for the 634 and DC4's measurements for the 2015, they're a similar fit but the 2015 has a slimmer thigh. After washing, the 2015 is probably only going to be slightly smaller at the hem - but unfortunately, I don't have much info available on how the 20 oz. denim shrinks. But I think it shrinks less than the Pioneer denim.

I still think the 2111 is probably the close to what you want.The top is similar to a 3005 but the leg tapers to a slimmer hem.

^ i'd try on the different models...me personally if i was going fh i'd get the bsp since it's tapered and a quite distinct from the 634 cut..the other cuts (3001, 3009, 3005) are all more-or-less straight fits similar to 634 with the 3001 being a slim straight w/ slight taper, 3009 with bigger upper-thigh and more taper, and 3005 with less taper...the bsp sized up one from those is a slim-fitted yet comfortable in the top block and slim-tapered ..i would size up two from 634 for bsp, one for the others..don't know about the 2015 lol

my experience about shrinking about the 20 OZ FH 2015...

they shrink much particular in the lenght!THEY ARE RAW!

i give it 2 hothot soaks...i dont have fit pics before soaking but it shrinks one size in the waist and 1 " in the lenght!

i wear the 634 xhs 25 oz in 33 waist and the Fh 2015 in 34.

by the way ...the 20 OZ FH Denim is one of the best ever wear...cant wait for evo now

Edited by alexx1976

1fookntitefd: Judging from IH's posted measurements for the 634 and DC4's measurements for the 2015, they're a similar fit but the 2015 has a slimmer thigh. After washing, the 2015 is probably only going to be slightly smaller at the hem - but unfortunately, I don't have much info available on how the 20 oz. denim shrinks. But I think it shrinks less than the Pioneer denim.

I still think the 2111 is probably the close to what you want.The top is similar to a 3005 but the leg tapers to a slimmer hem.

Thanks for your help. I have my mind set on getting a pair of TFH as my next pair of jeans and am just deciding which one to get.

I'm looking at getting the 2111 20oz version. Just trying to confirm sizing first. If size 36 fits me you'll se fitpics and details within a week.

peacedoff: I haven't tried on that specific shirt (it looks cool, but I'm not planning on getting it myself) but I'm tall and skinny (6'3"/191cm), and a size 40 in Flat Head's short-sleeve shirts. They seem to fit very consistently from one style to the next. My CW-77HW and SS Chambray shirts are pretty much a perfect fit.

^ hey Alex.

perfect fit on those 2015 mate...can you provide us some actual measurements? looks really interesting imo.

thanks in advance

8620655739_3864fc1005.jpg

^^waist 45 cm buttoned

8620655299_7f57c79c8f.jpg

^^ inseam 85 cm

8620654805_99276e4326.jpg

^^ leg opening 23 cm

8621784362_c414705ceb.jpg

^^32 cm tigh

8620685171_497b7eb36f.jpg

^^knee 24cm

8621783272_404d067122.jpg

^^28cm front rise

8621782314_067c35a176.jpg

^^rear rise 40 cm

i think 1-2 hothot soaks they will be shrink more a bit

Edited by alexx1976

Love that RJB tee.

That Dry Goods & Supplies tee makes me cringe.

Edited by kiya

^ Why's that?

The text is inspired by shops around the world now supposedly selling "Dry Goods & Supplies" or "Hard Goods".

It could be based on a vintage text but then it wouldn't be paired with the image in the middle.

Love that RJB tee.

That Dry Goods & Supplies tee makes me cringe.

The latter was a spur of the moment substitute for the Coffee shirt that, subsequently, Self Edge got in stock. Like the colour more than the print but it's not so important.

Edited by Sugar Mountain

Does anyone know when there will be a restock of flat heads at self edge?

What model are you looking for?

Self Edge NY and LA just got restocks of all jeans, you can always place a phone order for any jean and shipping is still free to you.

Edited by kiya

cross-posted over at the SE forum.... stopped in at SE SF yesterday to get some advice on a pair of 3Sixteen SL-100x 30" waist tag. I've had them a week, wearing them around the house... I figured out that I sized down incorrectly. Kiya confirmed my suspicions and then guided me towards a pair of 3009s.

While I have a 30"-32" waist, my thighs are 23"-24". I am an alpine ski racing coach and a cyclist so when I get in shape, the waist size drops and the thighs get bigger depending on skiing or cycling season. Anyhow, I think the 3009s are going to work out great. Never had unsanforized denim before, but definitely enjoying the "process" of soaking etc. and looking forward to breaking them in.

In case folks are interested, Kiya guided me towards a tagged pair of 32" 3009s. I measured them pre-soak and post-soak:

Waist 33"-->31"

Front Rise 10.9"-->10"

Thigh 12.5"-->11.7"

Knee 9.1"-->8.9"

Inseam 36.5"-->34.4"

Leg Opening 8"-->7.8"

I did a 45min hot soak in my washing machine with some slight agitation every 10 mins or so. I let them hang air dry. I am contemplating doing another hot soak to get the maximum shrinkage. I definitely have room for things to snug up more...

What do you guys think? I am planning on heading back to SE SF this weekend to drop them off to get hemmed. Like I said, just all part of the process :)...

i was thinking about the 3009 but im not sure what size i should get. i have a 32 in my 310 but i thought you were supposed to size up for the 3009.

If you're going from a size 32 F310 to a 3009 i would go to a size 33, keep in mind though that the 3009 isn't a slim cut jean. Its (in my opinion) the best straight leg jean Flat Head makes. So it'll be flattering and form fitting without being slim.

I think the 3009 is similar to a '66 cut. Basically, it fits like a normal/medium-rise straight leg jean in the top block but tapers from the knee down to a slimmer hem. It's slim but feels very comfortable and a little relaxed in the top. I think this would be the perfect pair for a guy with big thighs who wants a slim leg opening.