home-made jeans

rodeo bill

Yeah, this shit is pretty nuts. You claim it is cheap denim, but that shit looks pretty nice.

I think he was saying he got the cut right with samples made from cheap denim - then upgraded to the cone. which looks beautiful.

I love the hand made rivets and buttons. excellent work.

thanx all you guys for affirmative reply!

the sewing maching was a present from me for my girlfriend last x-mas. since then i made a dress for my daugther, some denim bags... now the jeans project.

think it was 24 hours of working to bring it all together.

denim were ordered at shuttleloomdenim it is greenline organic 13oz. funny thing: the shipping to germany is more expensive than the four yards of fabric i needed.

fit pics:

4581125966_9d530cf55c_b.jpg

4580494915_fa172049d3_b.jpg

4580497405_8db5e14041_b.jpg

not at this point, maybe later...

first i will wear them to check the construction.

yesterday i finished a pair of 12oz red selvage for my 8 years old son. build in a zipper in and reinforced the knees.

im sure they will meet the washing maschine shortly but thats the best test for construction....

pattern worked out by myself measuring out some jeans and making a few samples.

thanx all you guys for affirmative reply!

the sewing maching was a present from me for my girlfriend last x-mas. since then i made a dress for my daugther, some denim bags... now the jeans project.

think it was 24 hours of working to bring it all together.

They look fantastic. You did have experience sewing before you obtained the machine, right?

22052010299.jpg

22052010301.jpg

22052010306.jpg

22052010307.jpg

22052010308.jpg

home made jean shirt/jacket. using 3 different types of selvage denim. purple plaid, and black/white gingham pocket bags. the buttons are black varnished mother of pearl. the collar snaps out, so you can have normal collar or biker style collar.

also i have no sewing machine, so it is all handstitched. took about 3 months all told.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to make something out of raw denim, I dont know what. I havent used a sewing machine in a few years so i think i want to do something simple. I am thinking about making a bracelet for my gf which seems very simple and also a pencil case or something like that to get me started.

My real question is what type of denim is ideal, and what is the best site. I read pretty deep into this thread. I am favoring premium denim outlet right now, but i dont know what denim will be good. Can i just order one yard or 2 from pdo?

thanks

I want to make something out of raw denim, I dont know what. I havent used a sewing machine in a few years so i think i want to do something simple. I am thinking about making a bracelet for my gf which seems very simple and also a pencil case or something like that to get me started.

My real question is what type of denim is ideal, and what is the best site. I read pretty deep into this thread. I am favoring premium denim outlet right now, but i dont know what denim will be good. Can i just order one yard or 2 from pdo?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
not at this point, maybe later...

first i will wear them to check the construction.

yesterday i finished a pair of 12oz red selvage for my 8 years old son. build in a zipper in and reinforced the knees.

im sure they will meet the washing maschine shortly but thats the best test for construction....

pattern worked out by myself measuring out some jeans and making a few samples.

Very nice work! I have a question regarding the denim you used, is it really stiff or is it a softer fabric? It kinda seems that way from the pics (I'm a little interested in ordering some). The redline selvage you used for your sons jeans, was it also from SLD? What's your take on that fabric, quality-wise?

Can i just order one yard or 2 from pdo?

thanks

All of the cone stuff at PDO is pretty similar at the showroom IRL. THe Kaihara denim is nice but they were out last time i went You could ask for samples. They do small orders and i have bought there many times.

• 1 month later...

^^ Snip through the inlays before you turn them back :)

edit- maybe that's not that clear- after you've sewn the pocket bag to the outside, make some little snips through the inlay so they almost (but don't) reach the sewing line- now when you turn the seam over the inlay won;t be tight, which is what causes puckering. Hope that helps!

^^ Snip through the inlays before you turn them back :)

edit- maybe that's not that clear- after you've sewn the pocket bag to the outside, make some little snips through the inlay so they almost (but don't) reach the sewing line- now when you turn the seam over the inlay won;t be tight, which is what causes puckering. Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

hi.

a couple of mounth ago I posted my first jeans project.

worn three weeks, the denim stretched out badly and I decided to wear them only for work in the garden, etc...

in the meantime I found some beautiful Riri and Talon zipper in a fabric-store of old lady:

5020042001_d159e3f2c8_z.jpg

ordered some new denim (in this case a solid cone 13,5 red line, nothing special) to put it around that cottonlined Talon zipper:

5020130648_05baf13a28_z.jpg

5020131134_a70772f1e7_z.jpg

5019525073_d3e262774c_z.jpg

Some more details of the new denim pants:

5020129244_29ec8f2d33_z.jpg

5019522189_e83f300288_z.jpg

5019523111_c984ca8b5e_z.jpg

5020130324_f7ff51a501_z.jpg

5020132888_ef7bee3ff3_z.jpg

5019525831_5b5efd2e0c_z.jpg

made a cut update and worn them for about two mounth.

fit and details later on...

Dude, you make me jealous. Let's see some fit pics. Beautiful stitching.

Guest Selvage Seb.

RNR is not the only one who's jealous! Do you also have pictures of the process? Tried to make a pair myself but I'm struggling with the crotch area, some pictures and tips would be very helpful! Also, how long did it take to make this wonderful pair?

• 3 weeks later...