home-made jeans

rodeo bill

Hey guys, awesome work. I just came across this auction on ebay, vintage buttons etc...didn't know where to put it. fairly cool old hardware, there's a Finch, Headlight, Big Four etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-old-metal-work-clothing-uniform-buttons-Misc_W0QQitemZ190283999478QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:102

Here´s a project made by me and a friend. Denim: 14 oz redline selvage. Straight cut, bigger backpockets, coinpocket selvage, flat seat area, sneakerfit and two color seam. Click here for pictures.

This is just a sample pair, but the jeans will be possible to order soon. we´re currently speaking to a japanese company to order nice denim.

nice work prochek.

Here's some quick fit pics of the jeans i've been showing over the last few pages. To be honest in not happy at all with the fit. The length is about how I wanted in, the thighs are far too tight and the back pockets are too spaced out. I suppose i'm not that dissapointed with them, being my first pair and working from a pattern that was so different. I'm going to start on a second pair when I have time. (pics are without waistband attatched)

3273078892_4ca010e182_b.jpg

3272258009_ac1c511c66_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm running all out of rep for Klue too!

They are extremely dark. Is there anything done to the weft or is the weave just extremely fine?

weave is very fine, black thread adds to the darkness

IMO, you need to fix your fit. Your inseam is too long for your body, which is weird because in the other pics of just the jean I would say the inseam is no more than 29-30". Your back rise/ front rise is really long and your thighs look really baggy. Pockets are too big it just looks off to me. Sorry to be harsh but I do this for a living and couldn't hold back.

and here's how they look now:

3012847926_26fd0fa023.jpg

3012011831_dd074a2710.jpg

and fit pics:

3012011511_c75334ebd1.jpg

3012011573_3f7c5a08f2.jpg

3012847850_36313317b2.jpg

I'll get the top buttonhole put in tomorrow, and then rivets and buttons will go on next week. After that I'll give them a soak, and see how they;re going to end up. I'm really excited about them!:)

edit- I'm thinking silver or copper dome rivets (like Carharrt), and plain silver donut buttons, like wartime Levi's. Any thoughts/recommendations much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Who's this guy? You signed up to say that...weird. They are pretty damn good jeans, and I think it's Rodeo Bills first or second pair, correct me if I'm wrong. Neg dude.

edit....ahhhh shit, pos repped by mistake.

IMO, you need to fix your fit. Your inseam is too long for your body, which is weird because in the other pics of just the jean I would say the inseam is no more than 29-30". Your back rise/ front rise is really long and your thighs look really baggy. Pockets are too big it just looks off to me. Sorry to be harsh but I do this for a living and couldn't hold back.

Yeah lee did/does half selvage but wide looms still didn't come until the 80's. The lee's still would have used 30" wide, they would have had a shaped back leg which can't be cut along the selvage...fronts cut along the selvage and backs not. Selvage edge didn't mean anything back then because there was no alternative.

I always thought that, Ande, but I learned recently that wider, selvage looms came in by the 60s, possibly even earlier.

It was only Levi's who considered the busted seam selvage part of their look for the 501 - by the early 60s, most of their jeans, apart from the 501, didn't use visible selvage, even tho they'd been made with selvage fabric. THe Draper X-3 is just one example of a wider, selvage loom, which dates from the late 50s.