home-made jeans

rodeo bill

Here is the link to the guy who sells rivets and buttons. I haven't bought any of the buttons, but I believe you can get just plain brass buttons. I bought some of the sombrero rivets and they are pretty nice. You need to cut the rivet nail for thinner layers of denim though.

http://www.castbullet.com/rivet.htm

• 2 months later...

Yeah, that shit looks pretty nice. Is the inner leg overlocked or still just open?

I have been working out the kinks on how to make jeans for like a couple pairs now. Those are the first ones made out of decent denim. It's a little rough working on the beginners Singer wish I had money for better machine. The inner leg is overlock but it is hard to see in the pic because of the thread color.

Pickup and old singer 15-91 or equivelent off of ebay. they usually run about $150 to $300. Well worth the money and the old ones are all metal gear driven.

• 3 weeks later...
impressive... how do the hold up to wearing? many seams need re stitching?

whats the denim you used for the patches on the front? looks nicely worn

these threads are all heavy weight cotton doubled up and each stitch gos forward two underneath and back one up top...inotherwords these stiches are not easily taken out...i have found that they are a little looser in the seams if you try and take it apart machine lock stich comes out much easier. both the denims are cone mills selvage. it has a thick weft and a lot of white shows through, there is also a very streaky quality to to the irregularities in the warp.

are those leather buttons?

yes, and i got this leather from the dude who tanned it the old fashioned way down a long dirt road in the middle of nicaragua

How long did that shit take you to put together. It looks pretty nice man.

the girls jeans... some handsewn some machine

2 types of cone mills selvage

IMG_0115.jpg

blazer buttons

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

handsewn detail

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

back panels put together with embroidery floss by hand

red tab from full count contest denim

IMG_0122.jpg

calfskin

IMG_0123.jpg

more heavyweight handwork

IMG_0124.jpg

raised beltloops

IMG_0125.jpg

front,back and side pocket lined with cotton ticking

IMG_0127.jpg

hey does anyone have or know where to get skinny jean patterns? and is there a guide on here on how to make jeans cuz im really interested!!

Make your own pattern, it's not that hard (take a pair of cheap/old jeans and rip it apart then apply your own measurements)

How many yards are needed in making a pair of selvage jeans?

3.5 yds would be a benchmark (remember the longest length includes the rise and inseam not just the inseam and you need twice that)

klue: make me some pants =] please. good shit man!

let me know what size you are and what kind of features you are looking for

So' Ive been working on these it seems forever and for the most part they are done. A few stitches need to be removed and loose thread I noticed in the pic cut, But that's about it for now. What a great project and Im working on a vest currently. I took an Off the shelf Burda Jeans pattern and then Basically modified it completely to fit how I wanted, and to make the crotch work which took forever because the pattern was pretty shitty IMO in the crotch. Made of cone Mills Red line Selvage. 13 oz. First thing ive ever sewn in my life. White marks are chalk from making the pattern.

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg