The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

No the difference is not as drastic as I make it out to be. The fabric is a lot lighter than than my other SG sweats but compared to RMC ball park, and the like still superior in my humble opinion. A tad disappointing  but one you have lived in one of these there is really no going back. By the way may be letting my grey go for cheep in the market if I can grab a small.

Cough cough hint hint ;)

Also thanks man the sweat is gorgeous but feel like it will stretch too much for me down the line. IDK for sure

Edited by Rightyow77

Had my girlfriend try both my sweats on. Asked her which she felt was heavier and she said the black. Not saying everyone will notice but I sure did and so did she. And she has no idea what makes these so "special".

I'm still saying that comparing season old sweats that have been worn, and washed (even if only hung dry) multiple times is definitely going to yield different hand and density, but I'd be really surprised if time doesn't see your fabrics feeling much more similar, if not exactly the same.  The way that fleece changes from new with wear is pretty profound.  I don't have any previous season SG fleece on hand to compare, but I handled a lot of it last season, and when I started pulling sweatshirts out of boxes this season, it was exactly as I remembered.

When you say the shrinkage wasn't as bad as the black or navy, are you basing that on measurements you took from unwashed to the first time you washed it, or are you basing that on how your grey fits now versus the black, because it will keep shrinking with repeated washes.

Edited by tmadd

Anybody have experience with buying from star-foot? I've emailed them 3 times since about 2 weeks ago asking for a paypal invoice with no reply..

I picked up a couple of things from them recently. They do take longer to reply than other Japan stores, but they did eventually.

I picked up a couple of things from them recently. They do take longer to reply than other Japan stores, but they did eventually.

Right on, mind telling how long they took? It's been almost 2 weeks and I've gotten no reply.. Also their contact info lead me to klax-on store email so I'm not sure if they're together or it's the right one?

So sizing this was tricky, and good thing I'm no bigger. So I have a relatively short upper torso at 5" 7' and I sized this at size XL. The L felt as though it would rise up too easily in every day walk i.e. I'd be forced to constantly keep pulling it down. I'm normally a size Medium in Buzz Rickson sweatshirts if that helps at all, and it fits very similar in size XL. I'd say slightly more roomy in the gut area but overall size XL in strike indigo was closest to medium in Buzz Rickson. Cheers.

sg%20indigo.jpg

Right on, mind telling how long they took? It's been almost 2 weeks and I've gotten no reply.. Also their contact info lead me to klax-on store email so I'm not sure if they're together or it's the right one?

It was over a week before I heard from them. I was growing a little impatient with the time delay as well, so I emailed Starfoot and Klaxon with the order number ect.. I had a response from Klaxon within a day. So yeh, not sure why it took so long to communicate between the stores. Maybe email Klaxon directly and see how you go.

Hope you get it sorted!

great fit right there Mark...i also thought about this sweater. i'm a L (40-42) in my Buzz sweat so XL would def. be the way to go for me...it at all. right?!

thanks for the feedback in advance buddy

I wear a Large in both the Buzz and SG.  The SG is definitely a much trimmer fit, but you'd probably only have to size up 1 at the most.  Plus, the indigo SG have a ton of stretch to them. 

XL is as large as ya'll can go anyways so sizing up 1 from Large is as far as you can go regardless. I'd say I COULD have worn a Size L and been comfy, but the short height was def. not something I'd recommend if you are 5' 7" or taller.

Yeah, a huge part of it comes down to how you like the length of your sweatshirts.  I'm 5'8" with a shortish torso, and I take my sweatshirts as short as I can get them.

Agreed...I think my favorite part of these sweatshirts is the fit.  I must also have a short torso, because for some reason even things that fit really well every else pretty much hang past my ass.  The fact that with this sweatshirt I get a nice short vintage fit is such a nice change of pace.  I had originally talked crap on this for being on the indigo-dye everything bandwagon, but after seeing the color and the fit I definitely take back what I said.  

The black/grey won't shrink to the extent that the indigo does with normal washing and drying.  You'd have to do a boiling soak, and then blast it already dry in an extremely powerful dryer to come close.  For this reason, the indigo has unique potential to be stretched out in a way that it won't just totally shrink back to how it was new the first time you throw it in a dryer.

Wondering about how much the indigo SG hoody will stretch. My black SG hoody (XL) is on the small side (I only wash cold & hang dry). I'm interested in the indigo hoody, but afraid b/c it is maxed shrunk, that it will be too small. But then I read about this talk of it stretching more... Any input is appreciated!

i went for a large in the hoodie and i'm much bigger (in height and weight) than either markmont and itsbenhere, but it does stretch a ton. I was going to buy the XL but the shoulders would have sagged. I think determining the right size in the indigo comes down to preference, length and shoulder measurements. It's a tough one to buy without trying on for sure. 

Wondering about how much the indigo SG hoody will stretch. My black SG hoody (XL) is on the small side (I only wash cold & hang dry). I'm interested in the indigo hoody, but afraid b/c it is maxed shrunk, that it will be too small. But then I read about this talk of it stretching more... Any input is appreciated!

Is your black hoody small in width or in length?  The thing about the indigo hoodies is how short they start out...it might start super snug, after you stretch it, it will be fine.

from my experience it stretches and softens up quite a lot. this is my pic when i first got it IMG_5346_zps65388f45.jpg

it fits no wear as tight now. its a L although i probably couldve gone with an XL for a slightly lose fit the L is just right once it is stretched out

Is your black hoody small in width or in length?  The thing about the indigo hoodies is how short they start out...it might start super snug, after you stretch it, it will be fine.

The length is okay on my black hoody, though I wouldn't want it any shorter. It's a bit snug in the chest and shoulders. It sounds like you're saying that it will be short and I should be prepared for that and not expect that to change much, and that it is in the width that it will stretch more--is that accurate? Or are you saying that it actually stretches in length? Thanks.

SG2105 W34 f/ SE

Worn two weeks raw; hot soak 1hr; worn for 1 week; cold wash inside-out, hand wash cycle in front loading machine to get some more shrink prior to sending back to SE for hemming (33.5"); worn for 2mo +/- then warm wash hand-wash cycle to get some more shrinkage out of the length and waist. All hang drying. 

The waist & butt had stretched quite a bit, so I wanted to tighten them up a bit with a warm wash. Now the thighs are really tight. The waist and top block is comfy. These pics are first fit after drying. I really like these jeans, but not too keen on the fit - they're tight in the thighs and dumpy in the butt (and I'm quite a bit smaller in the legs and bigger in the gut than usual right now 'cuz I haven't been able to work out for the past 3 months due to a low back issue). The mirror angle makes these look like Fun House pics... I'll try to get the GF to take some better pics. 

SG2105_01-02-14_1_zps088b7aca.jpg

SG2105_01-02-14_2_zps3e446d4e.jpg

SG2105_01-02-14_3_zps4795fd42.jpg

SG2105_01-02-14_4_zps72f5c30c.jpg

Can anyone give me a run down on the difference between the SG2101 - SG2103 & SG2105 fits, plz? Thanks much. 

from my experience it stretches and softens up quite a lot. this is my pic when i first got it IMG_5346_zps65388f45.jpg

it fits no wear as tight now. its a L although i probably couldve gone with an XL for a slightly lose fit the L is just right once it is stretched out

Holy lats Batman.

Been looking into getting a sweater for a long time, weighing up between SDA, BR and TSG after some looking around.

Not sure about that there sizing though.My approx measurements are.

41" chest, 17.5" shoulder to shoulder, 23" shoulder to wrist. I'm also 6' and about 187lbs, last time I weight myself.

Wouldn't want a boxy fit, because I think that looks like chit. Something a bit more fitted, like how it looks on the guy on the Self Edge site. Medium probably sounds like my ticket looking at hte measurements on SE too.

Also, how's their denim? I haven't bought any decent denim since like the SExDBxSuFu collab in 2009 and been meaning to get some more for a long time.

Edited by Tabris

The length is okay on my black hoody, though I wouldn't want it any shorter. It's a bit snug in the chest and shoulders. It sounds like you're saying that it will be short and I should be prepared for that and not expect that to change much, and that it is in the width that it will stretch more--is that accurate? Or are you saying that it actually stretches in length? Thanks.

It will be short, and you should be prepared for that.  You can probably get a bit of stretch on the length manually, but it might be hard to get it to the length of your black one now.  Width is where it will stretch enough to accomodate you, even if it starts silly tight.