Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

yes, get on his mailing list to pre-order, buy from his left over stock on his web shop (stock sub-menu on the shop menu on his site) or go to his blog to find out the stores that carry his stuff (he provides a list of retailers for each collection).

Edited by oomslokop

To update on my adventures in Chinese denim, Bob Dong was a stone wall but Sauce Zhan are good people. I've got a few pairs inbound when his courier gets back from their 7 day holiday so I'll post up some pics upon arrival.

I have a chambray shirt by Sauce Zhan, beautiful construction, regular fit, very sturdy fabric, totally happy with it. it's been on heavy rotation in the last two weeks, not in august because it's surpringly heavy and tough fabric for chambray. it's a thousand times better than my other chambrays (made by J Crew, no surprise).

Mega, make sure you can get one of these too, you'll like it I think.

I will post a few pics as soon as I manage to wash it and press it (might take awhile ahah!)

good idea. nice to know they do it.

while we're at it amongst those unknown chinese brands on Taobao I really like like Bronson. I've already got thei G10 jacket and I'll get soon some other stuff.

few samples

polka dot shirt

bronsonshirt_zps4a37afa4.jpg

capture-20141003-141016_zps1f1cc7c7.jpg

capture-20141003-141853_zps9c27df77.png

I think the jeans are their 50's model too.

Edited by volvo240thebest

good idea. nice to know they do it.

while we're at it amongst those unknown chinese brands on Taobao I really like like Bronson. I've already got thei G10 jacket and I'll get soon some other stuff.

few samples

polka dot shirt

Funny, I just ordered this shirt :D

Bronson is fun, they make some decent pocket t-shirts and work shirts. They also do some RRL "inspired" western shirts with the typical RRL concho top button. Fabrics and construction have been quite good in all items I got from them.

Same for Bob Dong, I'd rate Bob Dong a bit higher than Bronson quality-wise - but their "heavily inspired by" quota is also higher. Bob really likes to "borrow" from Mr Freedom and RRL as it seems. (I've got Bob to reply to an instagram mention once, but my questions about if there'll be restocks on certain items have gone unanswered, too.)

As for China proxies or more specifically, Taobao proxies: I've had very good experiences with www.yoybuy.com - fees are reasonable, they're quick and good communicators, they readily mark down item value to avoid customs, and they also offer the cheapest shipping with China Post Air Parcel. Takes a couple weeks but it's reliable and no customs shenanigans you'd get by using EMS or DHL Express (at least with German customs). Placing orders is done through a web interface so no long winded email conversations beforehand.

@Mega, looking forward to your write up about Sauce Zhan.

@volvo, let us know how it goes with Bronson.

I'm still eyeing Bob Dong's 23oz denim.

To me, it looks like a unique denim (23oz LHT). I've asked him if he'll make a new run of jeans with the heavy denim but he said currently the 23oz denims are reserved for his jacket collection. For the price point, I think it's very worth it. 

Maybe I should write to him for a custom order when he makes a run for the jeans. Not a fan of the leather patch as well as the red Dong tab  :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

No translation, but an update to my Chinese denim adventure. 

Zhan is a really cool guy from his communications, and he certainly knows his stuff. He's working with me on an idea I've had for a while, I've given him a design and he is making it for me and then we're going to look at working together on a range of jeans.....providing my idea isn't crap and neither are his jeans  :D

polka dot shirt

Just FYI, received this shirt a few days ago, and it's not a "work shirt" - the fabric is light and soft, and it's not triple-stitched or chainstitched or anything you'd expect of a work shirt. It's pretty much a normal shirt with work shirt details. I'm not that bummed out about it because it's cheap and it still looks nice and wears nice (good tailored cut and perfect length to wear it untucked), just a heads up.

Could the Chinese brands be posted in a separate thread? I don't want to sound grumpy but I'm not that interested in them and would rather see this thread do exactly what it says on the tin.

There, I've said it! Grrrrrr.....

Could the Chinese brands be posted in a separate thread? I don't want to sound grumpy but I'm not that interested in them and would rather see this thread do exactly what it says on the tin.

There, I've said it! Grrrrrr.....

Well you're right, it does say "Japanese" right there in the title :D

Right back on track.... I couldn't find a TCB thread other than the contest one; I just received my TCB Seamens Jumper today. I've been considering this for a while and am glad I took

the plunge - very nice, neppy, lightweight denim and a cool cut. They come up quite big - I bought a size 38, which is fairly fitted but I wouldn't have gone any bigger, for reference, I wear a 42 in Flat Head workshirts. Pictures to come eventually!

fit pics from MF himself would be jolly good!

meanwhile here's a cool new photo of the seamen jumper, feathured on the journal, via Inoue's blog www.happyjeans.jp 20141019-DSC_0988_zpsf037d027.jpg

link here

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2014/10/19/7260

Edited by volvo240thebest

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you guys know this... I went to Japan a few years ago and in Tokyo there was a store in Shibuya, near the Shibuya crossing and next to Steakhouse  :D anyway, they were selling a brand called Red Card. I remember it had some epic styles and fabrics, but having trouble finding that brand online. Anyone have any clue about this?