Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hoggy, the bloodhound!

Speaking of Bronson, I've just received a B10 jacket of theirs, this one

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.408.qGMLr3&id=37509161944

very happy with it, it's really well made and it's a heck of a deal for the money, even with proxy fees and EMS shipping.

Will try to post a few photos over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

i9hQ2kLZGPEh5.JPG

Fit Pic as promised:

ibRgKb9kTrJ7x.JPG

iba7kDPnUgCTNc.JPG

Denim is quite nep-py, very soft (would estimate ~13oz), perfect for tropical weather.

Like Front pocket placing, makes it easier to retrieve things (remind me of Jelado & Rising Sun)

Not too sure about the red stitching on the left rear side, might take it out when I break this pair for real.

Pretty happy with the fit overall. 

I might wear with small cuff, don't think it needs any hemming.

Cheers!

Edited by redragon

Anyone heard of a brand called "Name Value"? i got a jacket by them like, 6 or 7 years ago... 

I got a pair of their jeans  about 7 or 8 years ago from a Buffalo Exchange up here in Portland.  They were kind of a 501 cut with hidden rivets, buckle back, decently heavy red line selvedge, and the ones I got were lined in a cream bandanna material.  I always figured they were sold at Buffalo by one of the Japanese exchange students attending PSU.  I tried the website on the label but it didn't work even back then.  

I just got this one from Auction. 

"REAL CLOTHES BRAND"

Local brand from UENO - TOKYO 

- WWII Model

- Laurel Button

- Little tough and hairy

- Green cast tone

- Weight around 15 - 16 Oz

- Pink Selvedge

- Hidden arc

rcb01.jpg

rcb02.jpg

rcb03.jpg

rcb04.jpg

^Not to my taste personally but the construction looks tops...In the end, it really comes down to personal preference but really we're talking about niche within niche within niche...At this level, all the jeans we talk about are going to be better than most everything else out there, just depends on what you're looking for. As I've never actually handled them, I can't speak to if the price matches the quality in Boncoura's case but really all the brands we're into have fabrics custom made to their own specs, have used vintage talon fly's, etc etc.

Personally, I don't see the need to pay over 25000yen when I can get quality products for below that