Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

will post an update soon. I didn't have many chances to wear jeans in july and in the first half of aug (too darn hot and humid in Italy), but I've been wearing them every day in the last two weeks, with much satisfaction! whiskers and wallet fade are already there, setting in nicely..

I remembered I've seen someone selling this Shin's Craft jeans on Yahoo Auction jp in the last 1-2months and he seemed to  have quite a number of unwashed deadstocks of different sizes.(can't find the link now though :( )

I just looked it up on 33oz and  someone had shed some light on it's origin(of course, I don't know how much truth in it)

http://bbs.33oz.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=61628&highlight=shin%2Bcraft

"...Shin's Craft was made by a Japanese jean shop called JOB BLUE. The shop had been selling DENIME since it's start in 1988(good relationship with DENIME??) At the 10th anniversary of DENIME (1997), with DENIME's consent,the shop made their own jeans and named it after DENIME's company name, SHIN at that time.....made with 15oz denim which feel almost identical to the Denime's XX denim, workmanship more or less equivalent and in fact the hardware seems even better (all SCOVIL), deer's skin patch, standard straight cut..."

From those few in 33oz who have bought the Shin's Craft, comments are all favorable and someone who happened to have Denime XX as well, said the denim felt and looks almost identical, slightly shorter rise for the SC though

Hope it helps

Edited by DDDm

You're welcome. So much fun searching  info on obscure jeans brands from Japan and there're zillions of them ;)

I think I found the shop" JOB", pretty small from the look of it. It's located deep inside Shonai WEST shopping street(庄内WEST[庄内本通商店街]) in Toyonaka city, Osaka

http://www.shounaiwest.com/shops/33/33.htm

Google translation of the shop's description from Shonai WEST shopping street's website

"Introduction of our original jeans

Part 1

Vintage jeans of Shin's Craft
9801BXX button fly
9803ZXX zip up

I made ​​in the three-year plan to seek the highest quality.
Now on Sale!!

Part 2

To our shop if Hanshin Tigers fan!
Let's go to cheer wearing jeans Tigers! !

"

pic1.gif

9801BXX details shots from TaoBao

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15089867373&cm_cat=0

That patch :laugh:

T2oNWCXaFXXXXXXXXX_!!71150332.jpg

When I did a Google's Picture search on 9801BXX, tons of photos of this

satoru234-img600x480-1370244993iwjbzy768

A very popular NEC's PC running DOS/V in Japan back then. They must have just name the jeans after it. :ohmy:

Just found the Yahoo Auction jp links selling Shin's Craft again.

http://openuser.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/user/orihuzak1963?alocale=0jp&mode=2&apg=1

Apparently the Seller is the brand/"JOB" shop's owner.

Very lengthly description of the jeans in Japanese but can't get much from Google's translation :angry: , except that ;

9801BXX, button fly, 1955 replica

9803ZXX, zip fly(TALON), 1954 replica

Denim made in Okayama

Seller seems to have full confidence on the jeans quality and compared it to the best Japan replica's brand at that time.."garment factory specify the plant , which produces around a VINTAGE one of the best in Japan ."

The above "JOB" store is the only one that remains, the other 3 has long been closed. The shop didn't have much capital investment in recent years and has only few staff....

Interesting....not particularly cheap though :unsure:

Edited by DDDm

Just wore the Shins a bit. I might be wrong but I would bet the denim is sanforized. It has the typical flat and smooth surface of sanforized denim. It reminds me a lot of Skull Jeans denim, in a good way. So whoever said this denim is similar to Denime XX is an idiot :D

I think when I start wearing them, I will soak them. For now they are in a ziplock bag until December.

Great!  b_F, must have guessed its you who will pick this up and let it occupy a slot in your already crowded jean-breakin schedule :D

I remembered the seller on Yahoo auction jp said it's one-washed and thus no more shrinkage should be expected though picture of those jeans didn't look much like "one-washed" we used to see. Probably, he meant "sanforized" and something got lost via Google translation.

Looking forward to your fit photo in December :)

Edited by DDDm

^Damn good pickup b_F, I'm jealous yet again ;)

Can't believe I slept on those auctions! The prices are supposed to be in line with the original retail prices, although they value them to be worth $600+...Doing some digging, they are supposed to be one washed, and indeed even the pictures in the auction pages look one washed, however yours some very raw. Not sure why that is, however I didn't see any mention of "sanforized" on the page, although they do mention one wash a few times. However, if you're disappointed, please send them over to Chicago and I'll take care of them for you ;)

I'm wondering what the next "Unknown" discovery will be? I'm still trying to buy a pair of Neutral's or TCB's (if only they made a 33!) but lord knows I don't need new jeans...Who am I kidding, I'm combing through trying to find my grail WH pair hahaha

Edited by aho

Thanks guys!

And sorry again DDDm if my PM offended you. As you never replied I though it has :D

Thanks for keeping quiet ;)

As the Yahoo Auction seller (possibly the shop owner of Job Blue as you have guessed) was sold out in my size, I had to dig at a different spot and found the seller from Taobao China. Got them via Sutocorp, great service yet again!

I’m pretty sure some things might have lost in translation about the state of the denim. The hems show a little bit of roping but since the denim looks nothing like one-wash and also the leather patch is nearly pristine, I thought this might have something to do with a lot of tension of the chainstitch itself. If they don’t shrink a lot I am not sad about it. Waist is already tight enough.

And again about the denim: the surface is IMO too smooth and the denim too starchy-stiff for one-wash denim but of course I might be wrong.

The leather patch has not only one of the funniest theme, it is also one of nicest leathers I touched on a leather patch. Buttery soft but not too thin. And not too dry.

I think I can take some first fit pics today and will start wearing them later this year along with my dear friends MaxPower&Flash when we start our little project ;)

Sorry Andrew, I’m gonna keep them :) If I were you I would try to get a pair of Neutrals first. Who knows how long they are around? TCB seems strong and will surely be available for some time.

No offense b_F, no reply all along 'cause today is the 1st time in my life I've ever checked my inbox in  sufu after seeing your last post :ph34r:

Too many jeans I want to try with my limited jean budget & jean-time that I think I should let this go.

Really hope there'd be enough interest from you guys to keep this small brand alive. Writing a thousand words' essay by the shop owner just to sell a few jeans on Yahoo auction  tell me it's not just money he's after, it's probably more about his ?unfulfilled denim dream) :blush:

That fit looks really good, certainly for a pre soak fit, looks nice with your Motos.

If you're in doubt wether they're sanforized you might not get a lot more shrinkage if thats the case, i think they will turn out great after a wash.

(snip) For now they are in a ziplock bag until December.

Sorry for off topic but is this just personal preference, or  is it some common practice I don't know? Is there a concern of oxidization or insects or something?

I don't have much contact with other collectors besides penpals so never really seen how people keep their collection but mine are simply folded on the top shelf of the closet. Should they be sealed away?