Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

hi all

just took delivery of the TCB '60. they're stunningly beautiful, and they came in a freebie tote selvedge bag, a great touch of class! very busy today but will do my best to post photos over the weekend! might open a TCB topic as well! 

ciao

volvo

Due to little interest and only 1 sale i think the http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TCB-jeans-60-s-made-japan-selvage-selvedge-denim-okayama-kojima-/221185385078?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5385714980136941726%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D221185385078%26store happyjeans store is sadly no more, I have had my eye on the 50,s they deliver massive Bang for little Buck.

Edit-If you see the dealer list there are quite a few retailers but happyjeans site is user friendly and they accept PP.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

directly from Hajime San the owner of TCB, I had a great communication service from him, all done via fb chat! He gave me all the necessary advices about the different cuts and sizing, then he sent me the paypal invoice for payment. He's a great guy and speaks a perfect English as well, couldn't ask more!

Ho all, here the tcb's!

Selvedge tote bag, to start with..

null_zps83418716.jpg

The jeans:

null_zps2f358ab5.jpg

null_zpsd343e946.jpg

Denim close up:

null_zpsd5d10edc.jpg

And a pre soak fit! Front, with bonus balcony view:

null_zps277f25cd.jpg

Rear, taken by my wife while I was cooking risotto:

null_zps5c84b244.jpg

Measurements, pre soak:

Waist 36 (these are smaller than what i expected, but it shouldn't be a problem..)

Front rise 11,25

Thigh 11,50 crotch to outer seam

Inseam 33.25 (it should get to 32)

All in all I like them a lot so far! A simple no-nonsense pair of jeans, made out of a great denim and with no fancy useless details, just the way jeans should be imho! They're quite light weight too, they should work well for the summer..

Post soak photos tomorrow!

here we go with post soak measurements:

waist 17.5

thigh 11.25

front rise 11

inseam 32 (exacltly as as I asked)

these turned up a little tighter in the waist than what Hajime told me, but for me it's even better, being usually just in between size 34 and 36. general advice is to go tts or if in doubt a size bigger, as these are definitely not vanity sized!

onto balcony fit pics!

null_zps1d7a35eb.jpg

null_zps71ab71c8.jpg

null_zps068d87c8.jpg

as you can detect from the smile I couldn't really be happier with these jeans! the denim looks fantaboulous from day one, with a beautiful deep blue hue, the fit is very comfortable and the cut is possibly the most versatile style I own, not too tight but definitely not sloppy. only concern so far is the inseam, I went for a 32 iknseam thinking to wear these jeans with my usual double cuff or a hefty single cuff but it seems to me that this cut really begs to be worn in the "grown man" style, with no cuffs at all.. I'll wear them for a few weeks and then take a decision..

happy days!

volvo