Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Yes I own a pair of Denime 66XX from the Shins era and 2 other older pairs (1 Shins, 1 Orizzonti). The Shin’s Craft denim has a very flat, soft and smooth surface, just like sanforized denim. And when you touch it, it feels sanforized just like Skulls denim.

However it does shrink quite an amount in a soak.

But still, that denim feels very different

Shameless plug for a pair of Jelado 55's I'm selling cheap, size 38 with a 36 inseam. Hot washed so no further shrinkage, £100 plus shipping costs. PM for details.

An here a few measurements

Pit to pit 21.50

Shoulders 20

Pit to cuff 17.50

Shoulder to cuff 27

Waist 21

Overall length 28.35 (very loong!)

Curious to see how this will turn out!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Yeah I am only a bit worried about what it will happen after a soak. The jacket fits well everywhere (with still room for a shrink) except the fact that is 4 cm too long for my body shape. In the fit photo I had the bottom of the jacket folded inwards. I wait to hear from Hajime before deciding whether to go for a hot soak or a lukewarm soak.

this morning I did a 30 min warm soak (not hot, not lukewarm!) of the jacket. look forward to see the results tonight. i really hope this was enough to get rid of that extra bit lenght!

Onto post soak measurements!

Pit to pit 21

Shoulders 19 1/4

Waist 20 1/2

Shoulder to cuff 26

Overall length 28 1/4

It's still a bit too long for my body, but I guess I'll live with it for now. Won't try a second soak as it might become to tight at the chest. More photos soon!

Not sure who follows denimba...He's one of the main players in the japanese denim bloggersphere and has been kicking around his own denim project for a while now. The final product is finally in the works, and will be available around the new year (Okayama produced).

Measurements can be found here: http://denimbridge.jp/2013/09/12/2243

Fades can be found here: http://denimbridge.jp/2013/10/08/2311

Worn 76 days, washed 35 times

0C6A8686.jpg

I'll be buying a pair to support my man shingo, hopefully I can work out international shipping! Always been a fan of his pairs and aesthetic in jeans, the fabric itself is looking juicy as well...

I'm a big fan of Denimba. With anyone else, it would be unbelievable that those had only been worn for 76 days but he is a fade monster in his own league. From photos, he appears to work a manual job maintaining a boating lake or something! His project ideas are quite creative as well - who else would wear three pairs of Sugarcane '47s with different waist sizes to compare the fading pattern? 

nothing more than what's the standard retail price. It was about 160 euros shipping included. Also Hajime sent over the jacket as a sample and for the first time I didn't have to pay custom duties on a parcel from Japan! but it's not made to measure, it's their standard design in a size 42, which wasn't available yet before I asked. Very happy to be Tcb's guinea  pig!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Here's a little update regarding my TCB 60's.

I've been wearing them 6 days a week since the last week of August, and sparingly over the summer. I believe I should be around 100 days of wear all around.

No washes yet but I'll be washing tomorrow as these are starting to smell funny..

Very happy of the fading! These are a looser fit in the thigh than my other jeans and I really appreciate the fading patterns I am achieving..

null_zps7d743770.jpg

null_zps96d545fa.jpg

null_zps4444e78c.jpg

null_zpse9c46ed7.jpg

null_zpsd2b720e0.jpg

null_zps494c88f2.jpg

null_zps190fce30.jpg

jeans turned out beautiful after wash! I'll try to make pictures when I get the right light to do it. I lost one extra cm in inseam and half cm in hem width (great! these are still pretty wide at 23.5 cm now). all good!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...