Pure Blue Japan

midnight

There were a few minor differences with the latest run. Nothing major. We updated our size charts accordingly. Many people report that this denim stretches slightly beyond raw so the 31w could work for you.

Thanks ! Your size chart looks more like what I was hoping for . Others have the waist running a LOT larger.

Size 32 005 Waist

Rivet & Hide - 33

Okayama- 34.5

Blue In Green- 33.75

Denimio- 33.27 ( One Wash)

Dutil- 34.5

Thanks ! Your size chart looks more like what I was hoping for . Others have the waist running a LOT larger.

Size 32 005 Waist

Rivet & Hide - 33

Okayama- 34.5

Blue In Green- 33.75

Denimio- 33.27 ( One Wash)

Dutil- 34.5

We measure with both top and bottom waist bands aligned. We don not fully stretch out the waist to an absolute maximum width as that reading would give a jean that fits really tight on the waist. If we did you might add 0.5" maximum.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

It says "irregular rope dyed indigo" in the description...

I feel like it doesn't have anything to do with the fabric itself, as PBJ's fabric is already irregular enough. Maybe it has something to do with the dying process, or the way the yarns are woven. I'm imagining something similar to Red Cloud's twisted weft? I guess it's all speculation until pictures come up.

Not much on the xx-003 here. Anyone have any experience with them?

I had a pair. They reminded me of my fullcount 1101's in the cut, stretch a load after a day and felt quite baggy. That's all I really remember as they got lost in transit in India, probably on the legs of some beggar as we speak!

Just got my XX-003s. The top block seems a little more fitted (less fabric) than SC 1947s I have owned, while the legs seem a tad more loose. Also, the denim is just incredible. I gave them two good washings/dryings to get all the shrink out as per BIG's chart, and then starched them so the creases would set as I wear them. Can't wait to see the evo and am looking forward to this relaxed, classic cut.

Finally got the XX-003s hot washed and dried to get all the shrink out. Pardon the phone pics...

FE98ACF0-A5FD-49CC-B80D-B179D056B07B_2.j

532B5635-A149-48AB-9FEB-7E7D8562A4A8.jpg

Amazing denim, so rough and slubby. It even makes my old Sugar Cane Hawaiis feel like Cone denim. :-)

4AFBC276-9DC0-4732-A97B-4E470A169620_1.j

I'm starting to get the horrible feeling that although PBJ have by far my favourite denim, they don't actually make a cut for me.

12's are too loose at the top block and tight from thigh down - they look much better on my wife...

I was looking to get some 009, but judging from Johns 003's above, which I believe are the same cut they will be far too loose. No offence meant mate - they fit you very well and they look exactly as a good, classic cut should, but it's not for me.

The 007s could be the answer, I've yet to try a pair but if the top block to knee ratio is similar to the 12's it's not going to work.

Really hoping there is an answer to this cos that denim is just TOO nice not to own!

Edited by Artisandenim

I'm starting to get the horrible feeling that although PBJ have by far my favourite denim, they don't actually make a cut for me.

12's are too loose at the top block and tight from thigh down - they look much better on my wife...

I was looking to get some 009, but judging from Johns 003's above, which I believe are the same cut they will be far too loose. No offence meant mate - they fit you very well and they look exactly as a good, classic cut should, but it's not for me.

The 007s could be the answer, I've yet to try a pair but if the top block to knee ratio is similar to the 12's it's not going to work.

Really hoping there is an answer to this cos that denim is just TOO nice not to own!

Given how much the 14oz PBJ denim stretches, you could size down 1 or 2 on the 009. That's something I've considered. I bought a pair of 007's used that were advertised as a size 33 but were actually a size 32. They now measure 35" in the waist.

^ yep, Before my wife pinched em and shrunk em down some more, the waist on my tag 29 012's had gone to 31".

I was considering dropping to a 28 for the 009's. The more I think about it the more I know I'm just going to get them and learn to embrace the extra room... Bit scared to drop 2, my body shape is very slim but quite muscular which can mean it looks like I'm trying too hard if clothes are too form fitting.

I've got a feeling they will end up like my samurai 5000vx though - I like everything about them except the looser fit - and now I just laze around the house in them and swap them when I go out.

21oz denim worn as sweatpants - what is wrong with me?!

Hi guys, i need some sizing help for the XX-011.

Should i get a size 30 instead, if i am unable to button the top button of a size 29 before the initial soak? 

I'm confused as my true waist size is between a 28 and 29. 

The X011 is a left hand twill so has some good stretch in it. However, if you really cannot do up the top button on the 29w I'd not go for them. How experienced are you with raw? We notice some customers confuse the stiffness of the button hole before the soak being the problem rather than the jeans being too small. Make sure that's not the issue. Otherwise, go for the 30w.

I hope your wife appreciates how lucky she is.

The X011 and X013 is the same fit as the X012 but will give you more flexibility in the thigh.

You could size up with the X005 for a slim/straight fit if you're happy with a slightly bigger waist by using a belt, in order to have the perfect leg fit.