Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

can anyone tell me what the SDA Authentic line is?

More details have been tweeted...

The Authentic Line will be webshop only and, other than repro, more modern in cut and styling - the first release is going to be plain jeans (slim, tapered) around December, pre-order November.

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/library/library_15/

Edited by Foxy2

maaaaaaan, still have to wait for my 101 as SDA is shipping their stuff on number one priority to Pronto, meh and we have to wait....

the latest pictures really were beautiful. but for the next months my 101 won't touch water and just wait till the Denime is done

edit: sorry for whining

Edited by Blue Nemo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Foxy - thanks for posting the updates on the SDA 30X series. The 18.5oz denim looks very cool. 

The more SDA stuff I see the more of a Fan Boi I'm becoming. 

But, when I look at their measurements I get a little nervous/disappointed. I got the 1677 is size 34, and they shrunk so much I can hardly get them on, and they are terribly uncomfortable. They'll undoubtedly stretch out with some wear, but the rise probably won't give much. Judging by the measurements, the 1677 was based on the 101 cut. I'm guessing that the 1677 denim may have shrunken more than SDA's other denim due to it's loose weave and high irregularity. 

Do you have any idea if the 18.5oz denim will shrink as much as the 1677 denim? Will PSA be selling them? I'm tempted by the 301... 

I also really dig the Xs-36 black-n-blue denim - that model looks so freakin' rad to me! But that cut - ughh!!! No way on that one, even if I sized up to a 36. 

Cheers, LOL! mpp

Edited by mpukas

Hi MPP,

I hear you on these concerns - wouldn't give too much on the charts for the new release.

I'd expect the heavier denim to shrink quite a bit, but probably stretch back a little less than normal. Who knows...

In any case, I would check with Noaki from PSA if he has already ordered them - he will certainly order them for you and, if you discuss things with him upfront, he might even exchange sizes if necessary. Maybe, I'll go for a pair, too.

Just got my 1677 back from hemming the other day. Haven't been putting then on ever since I got them a long while ago. I might have the same problems as you have.

Will check later this week, when I'm heading back from Lisbon to Berlin.

Actually, I might not be surprised if the top block is more of a 103 cut and only the lower leg parts are wider...

Regarding the X's-36 - go with Naoki's special run!

Higher rise, better for older folks like me!

Edited by Foxy2

Mr. Tamanahara is great. I cornered him in Take5 a few years back, saying "Hey, it's you from the Lightning Denim Book!". The resulting conversation of sorts was me speaking broken Cantonese to Benny so that he could ask the questions in Japanese to Tamanahara. International denim-geeking at it's finest!

• 2 weeks later...