Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Jesus christ! I am sick of people referring to ROY as a "brand." It is still just a dude working out of his own studio. Referring to him as a brand, to me, diminishes the "vibe" and, in turn, makes that $275 tag, look too high.

The jeans in those pics look fucking sweet, though.

Jesus christ! I am sick of people referring to ROY as a "brand." It is still just a dude working out of his own studio. Referring to him as a brand, to me, diminishes the "vibe" and, in turn, makes that $275 tag, look too high.

The jeans in those pics look fucking sweet, though.

Well, Roy is a "Brand" now. When you go to SE and ask for a pair of Roy's... that's asking for a Brand. And soon they'll say which model?

But I know what you mean. I'm sure the guys who bought computers from Steve Wozniak garage feel the same way.

Well, Roy is a "Brand" now. When you go to SE and ask for a pair of Roy's... that's asking for a Brand. And soon they'll say which model?

But, fortunately for me, I will not be going to SE.

Also, to quote ROY from his home page:

And its not “Roy Denim†its just

ROY

I guess we should get someone to rename the thread to ROY's denim or just "ROY." Beatle, can you make that happen? I vote for "ROY." With the period included.

Sheesh. Whoever started this thread was sooo not in the "know."

I'd gained a few and had to temporarily retire the ROYs, but a few weeks on a cocaine and Red Bull diet took off a layer of flab, and so I'm looking forward to putting some wear on these between now & January 1st.

5109275624_7b336961fc_b.jpg

A. 'til January 1st eh? And what's happening then?

B. Hey! I see those kinda boobies all the time!

Lol I totally believe you too!

How are the Dry Bones coming along?

I think I'll cop the Roy slims. I was one of the people who didn't sleep on the last order a few months back, just chose not to order since the cut wouldn't work for me.

anyone read the hypebeast comments? theyre too fucking stupid and also offensive.

Beyond the offensive ones, this one made me laugh:

"is this a tribute to American cowboy Roy Rogers?"

that guy also commented on this. i like snarky ass comments on hypebeast. either way, atleast roy's getting some good press. http://hypebeast.com/2010/10/originalfake-chum-down-jacket/

Ah, you know, something new to wear then. Something xmas-present-to-ones-self-like.

edit- Are the mural boobies accurately rendered? I could let them know if there are any problems...

Beyond the offensive ones, this one made me laugh:

"is this a tribute to American cowboy Roy Rogers?"

I actually came across Roy Rogers jeans while looking for old timey jeans. They're definitely not what you would expect from the name. Might as well have been True Religion.

That's weird, there was just a post from Vinneus that vanished, and the thread got bumped back.

Yeah, what the fuck happened. i saw that too. What was the post?

Disappearing posts again....

How are the Dry Bones coming along

DB's are on a hiatus - I don't want to wear them any more in Uganda because they're light and thus get (visibly) dirty very quickly, and thus require frequent washes, and thus are close to falling apart. So they're on sabbatical out 'til I return to the (more) developed world

I think I know, but I think it might be top-secret
Ah, you know, something new to wear then. Something xmas-present-to-ones-self-like.

Whaaaa? Secrets? Gifts? Masons? Pentagrams? Child sacrifices? Jeans?

edit- Are the mural boobies accurately rendered? I could let them know if there are any problems...

And no, those are way too not-droopy. Think National Geographic.

[quote name='dkatz;2461025

Whaaaa? Secrets? Gifts? Masons? Pentagrams? Child sacrifices? Jeans?

The entrails of my enemies' date=' like funereal wreaths.

sorry guys,,, there is a siq ass ROY x Seld Edge video on the SE site, tried to post it but FAILED!

It was a great video, thanks so much for giving everybody in the ROY thread the sneak peek. You didn't ruin anyone's surprise, did you?

It was working last night but apparently it's been taken down. I don't think they intended for anybody to find it yet.

It is freaking awesome though, lots of cool machines and a real artisan at work.

okay,

how do i watch this video?

is it private or something? It's right there on the page, but I can't seem to make that shit work.