Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

This thread is horrible. Whenever I check it I can't find anything about Roy related news, just page after page of nonsense. It oscillates between self ordained, hideously annoying original fan boys and pathetically uniformed rants about fashion economics.

This thread is really the opposite of what makes Roy's brand so cool, don't tarnish a good thing boys.

Oh how high minded of you. If this thread were dedicated to roy related news you would be stuck with a whopping two pages of content. Is it possible that people could have a little fun and circular philosophical discussions about a brand/person that they love?

Sorry for neg rep but I got to for party pooping holier than thou-ers.

This thread is horrible. Whenever I check it I can't find anything about Roy related news, just page after page of nonsense. It oscillates between self ordained, hideously annoying original fan boys and pathetically uniformed rants about fashion economics.

This thread is really the opposite of what makes Roy's brand so cool, don't tarnish a good thing boys.

I think this thread IS part of what makes Roy's brand so cool. If I didn't give a damn, I wouldn't write about a silly price hike. People write and nit pick because they want to preserve what they each identified so clearly with ROY, the brand and the man. Also, I was always under the impression that sufu is in essence a massive denim fanboy orgy.

ps - "pathetically uninformed rants about fashion economics" is a low blow. Some of us, tho I am clearly not, are well-informed, thank you.

'HEY, this is a message board... please limit conjecturing okay... ohh and try not to discuss shit either lets keep it to factual posts and leave the opinions to blogs'

GTFO

we discuss because thats what a message board is for

SHEESH!

PS- didn't you see the tags 'knitting circle' 'online gay bar'... obviously more than just ROY denim conversation is going on here.

ROY jeans are available at Self Edge for $275 in slim and skinny cuts in 14oz Cone denim. He makes them in his studio in Oakland.

Now that you have all the pertinent ROY news you won't have to come here and be annoyed at other people having ideas or fun.

I always felt like the jeans were worth $275, and we were lucky to get them at a discount for the limited pre-order. I don't get the haters this time around.

What do you mean by 'haters'? Who are they and what exactly do they 'hate'?

What do you mean by 'haters'? Who are they and what exactly do they 'hate'?

I believe "Haters" are anyone with a different opinion then the one calling someone a "Hater."

and if you disagree with me then you must be a Hater.

So, I just tried on my ROYs for the first time, hoping to get a fit pic for the Xmas greeting thingy, and boy, am I in a pickle.. I could barely squeeze into the thighs, and I spent a good 5 mins trying to button the top button alone.. Sigh.. These babies may just be too tight.. :(

well, time to break out the space bag, to keep these for posterity I guess.. Or wear while damp hoping these will stretch a ridiculous amount.. My advice to anyone looking to get a pair, size up one..

Going by these, I am scared to think what the slimmer cut would be like.. :P

You could be a one-man fire brigade with those buckets. I would rep if I could (also for managing to tastefully interject bare bosoms into the thread).

Yeah, I'm with Joseph on this one (both buckets and boobs).

@Roy6 - Please tell me more about your special diet, as I need to lose a few pounds (sorry to get off topic guys)

Mine are the same, I can't fit into the 36's I got.

Going to keep that for a while tho to see what happens with my weight.

So, I just tried on my ROYs for the first time, hoping to get a fit pic for the Xmas greeting thingy, and boy, am I in a pickle.. I could barely squeeze into the thighs, and I spent a good 5 mins trying to button the top button alone.. Sigh.. These babies may just be too tight.. :(

well, time to break out the space bag, to keep these for posterity I guess.. Or wear while damp hoping these will stretch a ridiculous amount.. My advice to anyone looking to get a pair, size up one..

Going by these, I am scared to think what the slimmer cut would be like.. :P

I would rep if I could (also for managing to tastefully interject bare bosoms into the thread).

Thanks Joseph, I had no idea tits would be such a crowd-pleaser (see latest rep):

5111554842_dc437c806a_o.jpg

I'll try to work more breasts into my fit pics.

Dr_Heech, diet instructions:

1-buy Mr. Freedom apparel

2-buy lots of coke

3-be unable to now buy food

4-do coke

5-instead of sleeping at night gogo dance in offline gaybar for 1- 2 weeks for tips to buy food, unsuccessfully.

6- fit into too small ROYs

Simple, no?

Such a twat you sound.

Thanks Joseph, I had no idea tits would be such a crowd-pleaser (see latest rep):

2-buy lots of coke

4-do coke

5-instead of sleeping at night gogo dance in offline gaybar for 1- 2 weeks for tips to buy food, unsuccessfully.

Simple, no?

2-buy lots of coke

4-do coke

Simple, no?

If I can just stop eating tesco's choc-ices long enough, then ill give it a try. If only just to get into my Lvc '44's, at least that is until the Roy adventure continues....

We all saw the latest post on denim news/loom chatter by now right?

"-Fabric is White Oak Cone denim, pure indigo, no leg twist, high shrinkage

-RS01 model is slightly fuller cut, same the one he offered for a limited time through his website

-RN01 is a new model with a narrower leg and a lower rise

-New 11 oz twill pocketing cut on cross grain for balanced shrinkage effect resulting in bettering fit and comfort

-Shell stitched inside fly edge

-Price: $275"

Some pics up as well...Construction looks top notch as always...

I didn't quite get the "no leg twist" quality of the denim. Usually mucho shrinkage means mucho leg twist.

Is this denim any different than the stuff he was previously using?

Busted out the ROYs this weekend.

waywtd20101024.jpg

edit: I think I might be checking out my own ass.

Thanks aho, I for one hadn't seen that. I love the flashers, esp the "rivet, rivet" bit:

IMG_7572.jpg

(pic linked from the denim news/loom chatter site)

Can't wait for the new cut, that was described as a "mid-40s cut". The original ROY model is much like a LVC '47, so I wonder if this new cut, which I'm guessing will be less slim, will be more like a SC '47 or LVC '55?

Either way, sounds sweet.

Anyone bought a second-gen pair yet?

Thanks aho, I for one hadn't seen that. I love the flashers, esp the "rivet, rivet" bit:

IMG_7572.jpg

(pic linked from the denim news/loom chatter site)

Can't wait for the new cut, that was described as a "mid-40s cut". The original ROY model is much like a LVC '47, so I wonder if this new cut, which I'm guessing will be less slim, will be more like a SC '47 or LVC '55?

Either way, sounds sweet.

Anyone bought a second-gen pair yet?

I went and checked them out at SE NY but didn't buy them. They look good, but didn't want to try them on since I knew I wasn't buying.