Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I like this tone much better!

Since we are just dreaming.. Is it possible for a jean maker like roy to have his own "recipe" of denim made by a company like cone? Or is it simply a matter of cone giving buyers a menu of various denim fabric and they choose from it?

I think cone will do specific runs for someone, but I think this is contingent on the company/person buy 1000s of yards of it. For someone like ROY this might not be feasible. I think you can pick your warp yarn and weft yarns and they will throw it together for you.

Does this seem right Paul?

ROY seems to have a decent standing with CONE. It might be possible that they could do something special for him.

I think CONE also has some fabric that they did special runs of that are experimental. I believe the tweed denim that Left Field had was one and there are some denims that are completely loomstate that some people can get their hands on simply by visiting a show room or the North Carolina factory itself.

what? am I understanding correctly... cone has a showroom? Also, can non Paul T's take a tour, is the factory open to the public?

I believe they have various showrooms around the states. I think there is one in los angeles. And actually ONLY paul t can take these tours. None of us are cool enough.

Not dry yet? Why no fit pics?

OK, here you go - fit pic as requested. Sorry to keep you in suspense over the weekend... kinda like a denim soap opera? Personally, I'm very happy with the fit - there's no room on the waist but at the same time they don't feel constricting. Gave them a very quick cuff for the shot (one side doubled, other side single). Not 100% on what I'll do with the hems yet, might give them another soak (to make sure they've done all the shrinking they can do) before I make my decision.

royfitpicchris.jpg

(Wonder if he'll ever do anything with corduROY......?)

Looking good theotherchrislewis. like the others I would have a couple inches taken off. SE does free hemming right?

Is there anywhere else to get Roys now besides self edge? They didn't have my size..

Call SENY or SELA to place a phone order, there's a good chance we still have your size.

The shirt was actually made by carving out a stencil and using some fabric paint. It is a little smudged. I will try to perfect and then take some order s if anybody really wants one. Maybe like 15 shipped.

otherchrislewis- With the series one Roy's jeans there was additional size reduction with a second soak.

Cool, cheers for the info Robbie! (I quietly suspected that would be the case) so they're back in the tub as I type.

And thanks for the double cuff tips guys, after going back through the (whole) thread and seeing what others have done with their pairs - I think a double cuff really does suit the cut & style.

Worn more. Not much more, but maybe a month? having lots of holes, maybe going to go by SESF soon and see what the magical darner can do...

That's an awful lot of abrasions and fades for only one month!

Mine has had around 2.5 months effective wear, not even half the evo of yours.