Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

random question... do the new batch of ROYs at SE run bigger than the jeans made when Roy was originally selling them? i thought i remembered the waist of my ROYs measured tag size and shrank from there, but the measurements for the ROYs at SE seem to shrink to tag size. with the original ROYs i recommended TTS or even size up. but not sure if these new ones are the same, but i still would not recommend sizing down.

brought my ROYs to Take 5 last month to get them hemmed w/ chain stitch. The workers there were totally geeking over the details on the ROYs, so i tried to explain who ROY is and what he does.

last weekend i decided to hot soak just the hem to achieve some roping effect on the newly stitched hems. eventually the water turned brown, even though only 2 inches of denim were submerged. after that i couldnt help but think of all the filth on the rest of the jeans, so i just washed them in cold water. the jeans still shrank a bit, even though i thoroughly hot soaked twice when i first got them. so yeah, dont size down.

Nice fits robbie and Festival.

random question... do the new batch of ROYs at SE run bigger than the jeans made when Roy was originally selling them? i thought i remembered the waist of my ROYs measured tag size and shrank from there, but the measurements for the ROYs at SE seem to shrink to tag size. with the original ROYs i recommended TTS or even size up.

Yeah I thought so too. I remember the OG's were TTS dry with 1in expected shrinkage and return to TTS after stretch. But the sizing on SE website has it shrink to TTS.

Password?! I actually tried a bunch (thinking it might be related to URCC) but obviously i got nothing. Anyways very excited about this.

^ co-sign with fallen angels and above comment. they're definitely STF. mine aren't quite fully dry but i took some quick measurements and they definitely shrank up considerably in the waist and inseam. glad i went with the 30's instead of 29's..i should be able to post a fit pic tomorrow.

-edit-

666 post count >;D

Thought I'd spend some time with my OG Roy's since they wont be seeing much action after the new years (Plus I just felt left out since all these nice pictures are floating around now)

IMG_0133.JPG

Messed with color so you could see the Roy's better*

Those look great, man. If you don't mind, what's the sizing?

thanks they're 30's that were chain stitch hemmed to a 32" inseam. shrunk to 15" in the waist and 2" for the inseam after the hot wash. the leg opening also went from 7.5" to 7".

Seems like all the action has gone over to the contest thread. Commoners like me belong in here. :P

OG ROYs have stretched out some. Still too tight? :) they are rather comfy now. :)

They look good. Rock em dude.

Thanks all for the kind words. :) Will try to get better pictures, and evo pics soon. The ROY (expurgated edition) have to see some action, alongside the contest thread!!! ;) Viva la revolution! (Wait, can I say that? Would the thread end up in superthrash again?)

^perfect fit. I feel ROY's OG/RS1 fit looks the best with a cuff. but then again, i don't remember seeing any fit pics of hemmed to the floor versions.