What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Today and yesterday my jawns and I went to Tokyo Disney!!

Shadow of Mickey's head

IMG_0471.jpg

The castle

IMG_0497.jpg

The character on the right is Duffy the Disney Bear. He is indigenous only to Tokyo Disneyland Sea. I personally think it is a great marketing scheme to get more people to spend inside because once I left I could not find him anywhere

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

My friend went on a shopping spree after. This place had 70% off clothes. This is proof

IMG_0533.jpg

WAYWT and standing in line for her.

IMG_0535.jpg

PBJ beanie

Eddie Bauer down jacket

PBJ AI-002

Vans

no pictures as i'm at work, but today is a great day...

as some of you may or may not know, i've been working on a ton of stuff photography related for the past year, in addition to a 9-5 as well as being a full time dad. pretty much the entire time i've been on sufu, and subsequently most of the stuff i've shot during that time has made it up here in some form or other, because, well, its really the only interesting thing i ever do (outside of family time of course).

today (last night really) brought a pretty good culmination to the last year of work. 50,000 shots taken from sept. 2009 until recently have been diluted into a book, consisting of 57 images across 32 pages. a website, which can be viewed here...http://www.zdphotography.com/ also the link in my sig...

(excuse the ads on the header, i'm hosting it for free right now as something to just have up while i develop a flash or html5 site)

It has also spawned my first big(ish) show on 4/4/11 at my alma mater, the University of St. Thomas twin cities. being shown both in downtown minneapolis and on the main campus in St. Paul as well.

anyways, its been really fun sharing my stuff here, as this is, besides flickr, my largest outlet for my photography. Obviously i'm new to this whole thing, and this is by far not the work of a true professional photographer and businessman, but for me, its a great start and I look forward to where this leads in the future.

aside from that, and I know that I can't sell personal work on SuFu I would like to invite any of you who would like to purchase my book to please contact me via email, you can find it on my website...oh I guess you could PM me as well. I would love to print books for any of you who wish to buy one. unfortunately they're a bit expensive, I wish they were cheaper, but i'm having them printed 1 by 1 so the cost to me is high. Maybe if there's enough interest I can get a bulk order, which would be killer! it is an 11" x 8.5" hard cover, bound and jacketed, 32 pages. I'll let you know the cost via email or PM if you holler at me...

thanks everybody for the props the last year and a half, it has been an inspiration to keep pushing myself to create. if you guys want, i can post up some excerpts from the book for you this weekend so you can see what you'd be paying for :D

ive been slack at documenting my progress cause i forget the camera all the time

hulls are finished and lids are almost ready to go on

hull1.jpg

the other day i went to pick up the trailer and my boat was standing up in the oak tree getting its end pours on... wished id had my camera, realised how long it is when its up on end, glad mr took an hour off work to do it for me

hull2.jpg

cutting out the decks

hull3.jpg

last touch ups of resin on inside

hull4.jpg

its a brown rainbow... what does it mean?

hull5.jpg

my cannondale arrives tomorrow so then i can learn how to hurt myself : \

well not today, but yesterday, spent the day at the autosalon in Brussels, with my californians, not the best picture ever, but hey that's what u get with a cellphone:

P1000300.JPG

INto town last night, meetup with for a friend's birthday drinks - and also to blow some money. I sold an old Nikon camera recently and had a specific target to spend it on.

Soho was bustling:

baritalia.jpg

cakeshop.jpg

Fantastic exhibition of photos of the Scott exhibition in, of all places, the National Georgraphic shop

scott.jpg

Stopped by the old SImpson's department store, classic piece of art deco architecture, to buy a new sic fi book for the nipper.

simpsons.jpg

simpsons2.jpg

Also went past another favourite shop, Cording's on Piccadilly, purveyor of tweed for the hunting and shooting set - they had this lovely macintosh on sale, sadly still tp pricey for me…

cordings2.jpg

My main destination was Denmark Street…

denmarkst.jpg

Success:

denmarkst2.jpg

The npper stayed overnight with his cousins, so I didn't unwrap my pressie. Up early this morning to pick him up… and bus over to our usual haunts.

I love this network of tunnels near London Bridge. Very spooky… on the top floor of the bus I noticed for the first time a memorial to 69 people killed by a single bomb in the blitz - they were sheltering in the tunnel network.

bus.jpg

We hit our usual haunts. The nipper was using his Chistmas and birthday pressie, iPod touch. With hipstamatic, naturally, Give him another 10 years and he'll be giving farad a run for his money…

SPitalfields1.jpg

spital6.jpg

spital5.jpg

sptial4.jpg

His best shots. DOn't know if anyone remembers this monkey - it's probably Regency, from 1810 or so. Note the crystal ball behind it…

monkey-1.jpg

And, on the guest book, a hummingbird..

deadbird.jpg

I tried on a Cabourn Cameraman at Present. I love this jacket to death.

cabourn.jpg

But I can't justify the £400 or so, thanks to last night's purchase. SO I've pulled out an old jacket, horsehide I think, to make up for it.

ROYandLeather.jpg

here, with my RoyxCone, of course, and William Lennons.

FInally, home!

Unwrapping!

unwrapping.jpg

And now, we are like kids with new toys.

Longer ago than I care to remember, I had a Pro One - cost me £350, well over £1,000 in today's money. THis little object packs way more power… the t household is now rattling to Gergio Moroder riffs and Vododer effects..

korg.jpg

thanks, I'm waxing it this evening. haven't worn it in a few years, the lining and pockets are ripped to death, and it's split at thec uffs. Relining will be more than it cost, but I might do it anyway...

in all honesty i think you should because i think it looks simply fantastic on you. by far the favourite jacket i have seen you in and the details on them look pretty damn good. they dont make good things like that anymore.

I tried on a Cabourn Cameraman at Present. I love this jacket to death.

cabourn.jpg

But I can't justify the £400 or so, thanks to last night's purchase. SO I've pulled out an old jacket, horsehide I think, to make up for it.

i second that.

400 quids is a fair price tho.... havent seen such a price for a cameraman even on the bay ....

Tonight I went to go see a concert at the National Gallery of Art in DC. It was a beautiful concert. Really enjoyed it. I'm not the most well versed on these matters, but I would call the music lacking in tonality and minimalist.

Here's a really dark fit picture... I hadn't adjusted my camera before I passed it off to my friend...

DSC_4961.jpg

DSC_4936.jpg

DSC_4937.jpg

DSC_4938.jpg

DSC_4939.jpg

DSC_4951.jpg

DSC_4945.jpg

This fellow had some large shoulders.

DSC_4952.jpg

I love the architecture of the metro system...

DSC_4968.jpg

DSC_4969.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Spent saturday in New Hampshire at my parents house.

Went for a cross country ski with my 1947 501's. Weather was supposed to be frigid cold but ended up being a pretty amazing winter day.

IMAG0009.jpg

Brought along the new puppy. I think he is 14 or so weeks old. He was very good in the woods. Figured out how to not get in the way of ski's pretty quick.

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Stuck to the quiet trails. My friends family owns a gigantic plot of land that is registered as a tree farm and is open to the public. Most of the trails are open to snowmobiles, which I try to avoid. Especially with the new pup.

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Enjoyed a fire and some hot coco when i got home.

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg