What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

^Grim Ryan - looks like a great day! Cute pup, Labs are awesome!

Xpost from Roy...

We headed out to shoot again this weekend, this time out by the dockyards. Tramped around in minus 30 below for a few hours!

a227465e.jpg

Had to work around a few things…

27b88193.jpg

Great views here

a7d1658d.jpg

2fac5b05.jpg

Meandered over the Cherry beach

a4e1b65e.jpg

Setting up

8e077fa7.jpg

Conditions were arctic-like, with a heck of a wind.

b047a3e4.jpg

What I was wearing plus Ice Breaker wool base-layers (hey TG!), and handwarmers inside the expedition mitts!

15d0ed34.jpg

50e5664c.jpg

Good stuff all around. ^Photos are stunning riff. so crisp the one of the sun has got me squinting.

Just a few from a monday night sesh.

IMG_88738478605943.jpg

IMG_88738478630948634.jpg

IMG_88738479084.jpg

IMG_887384722.jpg

I was telling a buddy of mine how I was ranting about no bikes being allowed in "our":rolleyes: local skatepark on the internet. Anyways he thought I might enjoy it if he got some pictures of his bike chillen' there. so said park

5328_1027979435072_1692908427_55158_3762262_n.jpg

5328_1027980955110_1692908427_55162_265055_n.jpg

and rant.:D

edit: nothing amazing about the riding I just like the editing in these two. second one is all in Hawaii. Seems these incredible public cement skateparks are everywhere except my state. There is one near me, but no bikes allowed and its right next to the police station. Cops have literally pulled out their guns when kicking some friends and I out. Damn shame because most (not all!) of the people that skate, scoot or fruitboot it can't or don't even ride the bowls or spine or anything over 4ft so they end up being used primarily as slides for the local park rats. Instead they skate the few small ledges and pyramids that could be found actually got out riding street in the area. I understand the whole bmx/peg hate, but we're not riding like that and if we did we wouldn't out of respect. One of the best times I've had on my bike was just cruising around burnside. No tricks just flowing the park and got along with all the people there fine. Too bad that wasn't the case here. Have even offered to remove pegs every time we would be allowed to ride there, but no go. Anyways this is the park below. You can see the pretty much unused bowl at 45sec... and the police station in the background. /rant

Last Friday I headed off to the Big Day Out in Auckland.

(curse the Black Keys for pulling out at the last minute!)

1/ Die Antwoord - very cool show & stage presence! Bit full-on for the middle of the day though.

2/ Reggie Watts - this guy stole the show!!! The best jumper and the best act, tucked away on the smallest stage at the back (youtube him if you can, well worth it!)

3/ Main 2 Stages - think Wolfmother was playing on the Orange stage at this point.

4/ LCD Soundsystem - Another great live act, so good to hear dance-style music played well with a live band - even better than the CD!

5/ Crystal Castles - didn't quite live up to expectations, (Alice was on crutches and it would have been hard to follow Die Antwoord)

6/ Ande Whalls & Atmos AM1's

bdo20111.jpg

bdo20112.jpg

Today my heavyweight contest jeans, my friends and I went to visit the famous Osaka-jo.

IMG_0629.jpg

Me posing with the castle

IMG_0638.jpg

Apparently there is a lift right next to it

IMG_0640.jpg

Magneto came by and got these birds stuck forever

IMG_0648.jpg

We had okomoniyaki for dinner! It was delish!

IMG_0658.jpg

On our way back saw this interesting sign. Apparently it is the government's way of helping to enforce anti-chikan. Chikan means perversion body contact.

IMG_0660.jpg

So a couple of weeks ago Mars from Take5 in Shanghai contacted me about one of the local lifestyle magazine's (1626) wanting to do an interview with some denim-heads and would I be interested. I figured if nothing else it would be a good time to meet up with some more people with similar interests.

Anyway, YouRen and I headed out to ZhongShan Park on Sunday morning to take some photos and meet up with the local denim enthusiasts.

The magazine came out yesterday, so I thought I would post a couple of the pics from the interviews and shoot.

The cover

DSC_2204.jpg

All of us admiring each other's collections

DSC_2206.jpg

DSC_2205.jpg

Me and YouRen

DSC_2207.jpg

Noah and KeKe- These guys killed their jeans. They had a pair of Hawaii's that were beaten like they had done something bad.

DSC_2211.jpg

Athena from Take5. Wearing her IronHeart shirt and a pair of take5 002 jeans (I think).

DSC_2215.jpg

Jukka- He's got a great collection of jeans, and some cool locally made leather products.

DSC_2216.jpg

Mars- Had to run the shop, so he wasn't present, but he still knows how to destroy a pair of jeans...

DSC_2217.jpg

Me and YouRen again wearing our Eternal 811 contest jeans. In the pic Mister Freedom PeaCoat and Midnight CPO. YouRen has his BR MA1. In the background there are my Double Volantes to the left. My Sugar Cane 47's hanging behind me. Mister Freedom Rider Dungaree's over my head, Mister Freedom CPO, the wife's Take5 002 and You Ren's Burgus. In the front is Sugar Cane Cotton Duck Tote and Iron Heart 634S.

DSC_2213.jpg

Unfortunately, the guy doing the interview didn't know anything about denim and it was freezing cold and starting to sleet/snow. By the time we got around to doing the interview 3 hours after sitting around in the park, everyone's brains shut down.

The guy interviewing me somehow made the mistake of quoting my Sugar Canes as "Sugar Game 1947" even though he photo'd the tags of my jeans. YouRen's jeans became "Super Game." Guess they could have sent us an email to confirm some details, but it's all good, we met some cool new guys and had a laugh.

oboy_oboy, little man has some style!

shangers and YouRen, looking good! really cool opportunity.

x-post from ROY WT thread.

alright. just want to say sorry for not updating in a week. I haven't really been doing much other than work and sleep. and when i was on the internet i was working on my website, setting up a blog (i have no fucking idea why) i guess because i can? and getting things squared away for my upcoming show. i figured i'd throw in a few phone pics from the past week. oh, and if you've checked out the website before check it again, its much more streamlined now, and i like the new look alot...if you haven't been...you can check out a bunch of my work there.

driving out into the smaller suburbs to hang with some college friends the other night. don't see them much anymore as we're all grown up with jobs etc. snow again. fuck.

5389082335_80798cbc3a_z.jpg

driving back the next morning...

5389692762_697a1b1ac7_z.jpg

pic from dinner with the wife the other night...too dark for any other food pics, etc. and a flash inside a cafe is silly.

5389083485_222400e385_z.jpg

recently consumed wine.

5389690880_a2bfc07e00_z.jpg

got shitty with some work friends the other night (damn, been drinking alot lately, this winter and all the late nights are taking their toll...

5389089555_40c17231bc_z.jpg

getting fierce at the bar later that night.

5389090227_7a2e046e31_z.jpg

back to fatherly duties today picking up the little one from pre-school. This post most likely makes me look like an alcoholic dad, as i think there is booze in every pic but the last one, lol. but i assure you, i don't get out often, and when I do, well i like to have a good time. honestly though, waking up this Sunday on my co-workers floor feeling like i was beaten with a shovel doesn't really work for me anymore. nothing better than coming home to the little one running up and giving me a hug (not just when im hung over). She is the coolest kid in town. couple weeks ago when there was talk about young married guys in the waywt (denim) thread got me thinking about just how lucky i am to have the people in my life that i do, and i'm gonna be a happy 39 year old when my daughter is 18 and goes off to college and i can spend all those years of youth i lost later in life! i feel bad for my poor parents, they had me late and had to put up with me until they were almost 60!

5389091371_8a93e2d8f7_z.jpg

cheers guys, i'll try to run this one out to the end with a bunch of posts this week.

Today my new Eternals and I went to nearby Indonesian island of Batam for a work meeting. We are designing for a new creative space there and I'm there to meet with the local team. But first up, breakfast.

5390548728_12c4911c93.jpg

love this place that serves up good old traditional toasted buns with egg pandan custard and butter, and soft-boiled eggs. an institution to many locals.

5389916071_1cd512b51f.jpg

looking satisfied

5390524328_1ab398a290.jpg

obligatory denim shot

5390548732_f48889986a.jpg

we pass by the airport on the way to the ferry terminal

5390548816_bea37d960b.jpg

too cloudy today but on a clear day you could see all the way to the islands out there. its only a 40 min journey.

5390548820_3fb2cb0ddb.jpg

we arrive and on the way there are many bamboo lined country roads. really beautiful.

5390548822_d878e41e85.jpg

imposing yet beautiful roofscape of made with local wooden shingle tiles

5390548864_c72a6e535d.jpg

love these long dramatic corridors leading between clusters of buildings

5390557508_faab3f2d47.jpg

having a drink and catching up on some more work before the meeting

5389949603_9c5ecd27d5.jpg

of course, I had to sneak out during the meeting for a quick fit pic. backdrop is local lavastone made from volcanic rock.

till then.

had a snowy commute

5391493639_1e549ac9e6.jpg

5392099400_88c601ed45.jpg

then went to a work event near SVA, took some pictures on 7th

5391502303_b8fed885e0.jpg

went to adorama and spotted this on the way

5391506835_4c11048a42.jpg

Then picked up my first couple prints to sell and came home to avoid the snow

673f1785703243369cf37f46f075eb14_7.jpg

what a great page z, ninja, joelz

Damn Yes

Z your series get better each time. you are very impressive and you got style too. tell me are you reformating and adding frame or shooting with a 120 camera.

joelz congrats. simply great shots

Damn Yes

Z your series get better each time. you are very impressive and you got style too. tell me are you reformating and adding frame or shooting with a 120 camera.

joelz congrats. simply great shots

thank you Doc! Actually the square format shots are all from the Vignette camera app for Android. My Droid Incredible has quite the camera...:D

and I agree, joelz you rock.