What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Looks a nice deli - good selection of British and Irish cheeses (our IJ Mellis sells many of the same)

Did a quick read of that Brunost - adding cream to the boiling whey seems to me a similar method of making ‘caramel’ (Dulce de leche) from a tin of Carnation condensed milk

Edited by Duke Mantee

5 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Folks were still eating Carnation condensed milk sandwiches or condensed milk on toast when i was a kid, i think we still had rationing in Sheffield till 1986 :D

Toast?! You had it easy. I used to have to get up out of my shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with my tongue. I had half a handful of freezing cold gravel to eat, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when I got home, my Dad would slice me in two with a bread knife.

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

Ah, right ho.

Watched 5 minutes of your Cruising, with Jane McDonald. Irritating and too middle class for my liking. Plus l'm a land-lubber. Hate boats/ships etc 

Never realised there's a whole massive  community of minted 'retired' people (retired from what tho?) who literally go from cruise to cruise all year round. Like they almost live on cruiseships.

Sod that.

Check this crazy shit out.. yesterday my mrs asked if i could call at the bank on my way home and get her some £££ out so i swung by the atm outside Tesco nr work, there was a woman already at the cashpoint and another woman crouched on the floor rumaging through her bag, they were reasonably well dressed so not smackheads, i heard the woman on the floor mutter something about 'fucking mask' at which point the woman at the cashpoint turned around and said 'oh sorry love, do you need the cash point?' i was just hanging back... the woman on the floor tipped out her bag onto the pavement, still muttering shit says to her friend at the cashpoint 'can i borrow your mask? the woman took off her mask and gave it to her friend who put it on her own face and went into Tesco, what the fucking fuck!!!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I spent a few months in Norway in my youth. I'd forgotten about that brown cheese until seeing Double O's post just now. It was certainly some weird stuff. Memories...

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

When i was a kid if i wanted a sweet treat i would get a teaspoon of sugar and caramalise it over the gas stove till the spoon had a hard sugar glaze, i would then suck the spoon.

We had it rough up north!

melted a plastic plate that way, and burned my mouth real bad

9 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

When i was a kid if i wanted a sweet treat i would get a teaspoon of sugar and caramalise it over the gas stove till the spoon had a hard sugar glaze, i would then suck the spoon.

We had it rough up north!

Spoons!?

You had spoons....