Jump to content
denimdestroyedmylife

arcteryx veilance

Recommended Posts

@damagedroid I hate to say that I don't know, the only place I have seen most of the pro stuff is at the factory store in north van

last time I went there I came out with a killer deal on a LEAF Alpha Gen II jacket and a pair of the helicopter guide pants.

Edited by AnomalousTautology
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks AnomalousTautology! Shame that's like thousands of kilometres away from mine; need to get BC visit in my diary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone on here bought or tried on the Haedn overshirt. Curious to know the fit and how the fabrication feels. Is the fabric soft or itchy to the touch? Also its looks quite narrow on the shoulders. Im always a size s in the jackets but worried if i go for a small will be too small in the chest or shoulders.

Anyones experiences ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me if the Field pant stretches out at all? I'm not referring to the stretchiness of the fabric, but more to the overall fit - if it is a snug fit brand new, will it loosen up similar to jeans or other Veilance cotton pants? 

I purchased both the peat and black, in a 30 and 31. Love them, Great fit, fabric feels super comfortable. Not as baggy as some of the fit pics I saw online were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicknyc said:

Can anyone tell me if the Field pant stretches out at all? I'm not referring to the stretchiness of the fabric, but more to the overall fit - if it is a snug fit brand new, will it loosen up similar to jeans or other Veilance cotton pants? 

I purchased both the peat and black, in a 30 and 31. Love them, Great fit, fabric feels super comfortable. Not as baggy as some of the fit pics I saw online were. 

it won't given that it's a 3L gore windstopper however it will soften up a bit overtime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty surprised by how soft the Haedn OS was. No itchiness at all. The interior has fleece laminated. Only your neck is really touching the face-fabric. I'm not sure if it a difference in colour but I have found the Haedn OS to be softer than the jacket. 

I took the same size in the OS as I did my Arris, Field OS and Graph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been asked before, what's the slimmest pants silhouette?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, what's the slimmest pants silhouette?

 

3 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

of what's currently on the website: Align,

for fall winter, probably the Voronoi...?

I would say the Align are the slimmest in how constricting they are. There really isn't any articulation past the seat. Sitting down you immediately will feel tightness. That being said, they are still the best option for work pants. They don't have any weird knee bulge while being more conformable and movement ready than ordinary chinos or dress pants. 

I could be wrong but I think the Voronois have a smaller leg opening that the Aligns. You will find more room in the thighs of the Voronois and a sharp taper past the knee. 

Edit: The slimmest AV pants I've tried are the Liminals. They're made from a waxed peached twill nyco. 

Edited by johngalt
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one more warning about this season's Voronoi ARs, after less than twelve wearings now, there is a rip along the seam of the left back pocket. Stay away from them guys.

IMG_6437.JPG

Edited by AnomalousTautology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

one more warning about this season's Voronoi ARs, after less than twelve wearings now, there is a rip along the seam of the left back pocket. Stay away from them guys.

uh oh, I just picked up two.  how did that happen and let us know what AV says about it.

Edited by tomenugen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tomenugen said:

uh oh, I just picked up two.  how did that happen and let us know what AV says about it.

I just took them off last night, and as I was about to wash them, I noticed the hole.

they said it was a quality control issue, traded them in for a pair of indisce pants. no biggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they offer you the Indisce as a replacement to steer you away from another pair of ARs or did you request them. I ask because when AV recognizes there is a problem with a product, they typically will be reluctant to replace with an identical model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, johngalt said:

Did they offer you the Indisce as a replacement to steer you away from another pair of ARs or did you request them. I ask because when AV recognizes there is a problem with a product, they typically will be reluctant to replace with an identical model. 

1

I asked for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the same type of tear the previous models developed, and i've also had a nylon one develop the same kind of tear. It has something to do with that ultra-flat seam they use, and maybe with the nylon thread having a higher tensile strength than the surrounding material.

 

edit: glad to see AV customer service is still cool about this sort of thing happening. Inspires confidence in picking up their newer products, knowing they have your back if something goes wrong.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't always as good. A few years back their CS was much less lenient, but they've since aligned themselves more to the expectations of the AV userbase.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh I remember their CS to be much more lenient back in the day. If an item was being replaced under warranty, you could request any item of similar price. Now they will only offer you a replacement of similar function 

 

Edit: I don't know how far back you're going but I'm speaking from my experience circa 2014. 

Edited by johngalt
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah 2014/15 ish. I'm guessing their replacement guidelines either come with a certain amount of employee discretion or that they're very regularly updated. I've had to send some damaged items back, while i was asked to destroy others. I've also had every variation of "get the same item again" or "pick whatever costs the same". 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent in an Actuator Jacket and received back an Arris Jacket which cost 50% more as they didn’t have the actuator anymore. Very happy with their CS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find AV CS has been very consistent since 2009, when I warrantied my mainline jacket and allowed me to replace it with Veilance at the similar value.

When warrantying an older model, AV CS is excellent at matching a similar current style or would let you choose anything at the similar value.

The only concern I have going forward with the warranty is the fact that they are not producing anymore size 28, can only replace with size 29. Unless I get fatter down the road, size 29 would be a bit big and lose it appeal to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Yeah 2014/15 ish. I'm guessing their replacement guidelines either come with a certain amount of employee discretion or that they're very regularly updated. I've had to send some damaged items back, while i was asked to destroy others. I've also had every variation of "get the same item again" or "pick whatever costs the same". 

 

 

 

 

Tons of employee discretion. I've head the head warranty rep pull a lot of strings for me. When you send an item in, the warranty rep will do an assessment of your item and make notes under your case. They act as general guideline should you call be and deal with another rep. Some don't understand AV and consider it as "fashion" which isn't to be as durable as mainline. Those reps are generally more reluctant to repair or replace damaged AV items that clearly have QC problems. It always helps to get a second opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, johngalt said:

Tons of employee discretion. I've head the head warranty rep pull a lot of strings for me. When you send an item in, the warranty rep will do an assessment of your item and make notes under your case. They act as general guideline should you call be and deal with another rep. Some don't understand AV and consider it as "fashion" which isn't to be as durable as mainline. Those reps are generally more reluctant to repair or replace damaged AV items that clearly have QC problems. It always helps to get a second opinion. 

I had to send back in a pair of first gen voronoi AR that had the fabric durability issues, but I sent them back through an Arcteryx store and they ended up with a regular arcteryx rep who told me they were too worn/faded to be covered under warranty and after some haggling I got a 50% coupon, but I asked a few times and never spoke with a true AV rep so I'm not sure if the rep was right or I just got unlucky. I was a little bummed in the first place that I didnt get better CS because I've had several mainline arcteryx things replaced/updated with current models no questions asked, but overall I've been pretty happy with their CS and they have actually called me back when i've left messages on the AV phone line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, martou said:

Why do you think these are fakes? (Not that it weren't odd, with the description apparently auto-translated)...

btw, saw some "Veilance" pieces on second-hand luxury fashion website Vestiaire. Were mainly mainline pieces (and particularly funny since the offers included some women's jackets)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they're not fakes. looks like dealer samples to me. 

 

 

wrongggg

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought samples were only made in medium. The seller seems to have every size available.

I am curious to know what the second predominately white paper tag is. The collar on the Dyadic looks a little different from mine. The shape may have been revised though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program