arcteryx veilance

arc'teryx takes cues from acronym

the big reveal: veilance

urban tech clothes for fall 09

feat. goretex field jacket

all black gear from what i can tell

image0031214x300.jpgfield20jacket.jpg

i will not procure----> reckon the $$$ would be better allocated on their bombproof alpine gear

but the aesthetic looks on point

can a RAF collab be far off?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

arc'teryx shit saved my life

no joke

but that is some seriously baller technical gear...

i know that when i'm suffering 02 deprivation and freezing, i don't really care if i'm color-coordinated

insulated shell jacket is a really serious piece for the fall collecting,amazing cold weather protection but so much freedom of movement and little weight, in terms of tech gear production there is no better and not a lifestyle option in the same ball park,as as a brand they can just manufacture shit no one else can

• 1 month later...

seenmy or anyone!!

where can i find a small blueprint align shell??

i usually wear small (japanese medium)

and i dont think ill be able to pull off medium which is everywhere :/

Was present at the Veilance Showcase at 290Sqm Amsterdam today.

Nice collection and great talking to the designer Conroy, have some very nice pictures of everything.

I already knew the quality, fit and superior aesthetics but again it amazed me seeing it in person.

Too bad you could't be there Seenmy, in fact when we were talking to Conroy he got pulled away because you were on the phone haha.

• 1 year later...

yeah im quite angered over the fact that there was some sweet deals on the primaloft insulated shell i missed during the sales recently. oh well, temperatures rising.

Those of you who happen to own both the field jacket and the insulated shell, did you size similarly for both or size up one for the shell? I ask because I went with the same size and although it--the insulated shell-- fits perfectly with two layers underneath--under shirt and an oxford--the fit is not ideal, however, with a hoody. (Not that it matters at this point; they're sold out everywhere.)

,I personally can wear the same size in both, which my preference is size small for a slim fit,I find a small in the field is pretty much perfect,to be worn with the insulator of a sweater,the insulated shell is fine for me in small if to be worn with light layers ie a shirt/tee which in honesty is all you really need under it,in general the insulated pieces will always run a shade trimmer than the shells,as they are insulated so basically have another layer in them.

insulated shell fits me the same size like any other veilance gear, super warm, you don't need thick layers with this one. and i think it may be available next winter again.

Do you guys really find it that warm, though? I was told it would easily replace a down jacket for an eastern Canadian winter and I don't find that to be entirely true due to how short it is. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing jacket, I just would have been happier if it hit a little lower on the body.

should have brought the insulated field?

in regards to warmth,this is how I understand it performance wise, for total heat, down is still number 1,but what core loft is good for and one of the main reasons it is used is it work well in movement,ie it heats up with you, if you want a jacket to stand still in for hours in the cold get down, if you want a jacket to move around a freezing city core loft is really good for this, the other obvious pro's are the weight diff, the fact it doesn't take on odour and of course the big one it will not take on water,

being bonded also keeps the fill in place and also interestingly on the Veilance pieces the fill is distributed, so in places where you do not need it, like under your arms it is not there or is a lighter fill, this also improves fit.(note Im not sure how unique this is Im sure its from outdoor)

for travel and day to day city I think core/prima come out on top,just for the ease of use

w o my align shell i would not have survived many trips

summer storm winter storm etc

request for more fits!! (especially align shell, seenmy?)

this is from hideout

280r5tj.jpg

Still looking for this one (align shell) in black, xs or s. anyone can help?

yes, another of those"where can i get this" posts, i know.

Edited by Brainboy