What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

We should all relive our highschool years in this thread.

Edit: I would share how cool I was but it would fucking blow your minds.

What MF riders are made of cone fabric? I was under the impression that all riders were made of typical sugar cane Okinawa denim.

Someone can't keep track of their jawnz, which I guess can happen when you only wear them once for a photo op and then bury them in the back of your closet underneath 350 pairs of Nike dunks.;)

I think he meant the MF Californians?

Great American lounge wear:

_IGP7834.JPG

Hooded Swet

Ribbon Belt

OG Hypebeast Roys

_IGP7838.JPG

So why are these Cones so hypebeastly? I would say cone compared to my warehouse or other japanese jeans ive experienced with tours is that the cone doesnt fade with high as contrast but weights and feel of the fabric is more practical for year round/diverse wearing opportunities. I know ppl have had issues with LVC, but I can easily say that anything I have touched by Roy trumps japanese brands I have handled.

And Cone as hype is touchy because this one of the brands that started it all. It simply good to see a prominent american brand do well in the fashion/dollars business. And im pretty sure Cone Fabric fades to makes the most classic American looking jeans, and thats what all the japanese want, isnt it?

Not to take any sides, but from what I took from this, ed was referring to a few more prominent posters proclaiming their love for Cone denim recently and in a way downplaying the plethora of Japanese brands....I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as "hype", but I do see why he might feel that way. Further still, 3 or more people on a board of 1000's isn't really hype, so it's really more a question of volume (as in noise level)...

Hell, to each their own! It's good to see Cone finally getting some recognition but I still love my Japanese repros as much as my Cone denimzzz....(I love American Heritage as much as Japanese aesthetic/otaku-ness)

And can you imagine if Amoskeag was still around???

maybe its because im old, and grew up in a different time, but i hold firm to the belief that 15 year olds should be out trying to get pussy, sneaking drinks, and getting into trouble rather than posting pics of thier outfits on the internet.

my 15 year old self would make fun of my 26 year old self for wasting so much time making fun of old dudes dressed like fucking lumberjacks and railroad mechanics online

seriously, if youre more concerned with your epeen and jeans rather than scamming on girls for nudes and brain then i feel bad for you

i was so much cooler 11 years ago :(

Guest redchris
That's why they were taken down. Also, I should let you know, grow up. I'm glad you're having fun mocking a 15 year old.

LEAVE....THE KID.....ALONE.

Not to take any sides, but from what I took from this, ed was referring to a few more prominent posters proclaiming their love for Cone denim recently and in a way downplaying the plethora of Japanese brands....I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as "hype", but I do see why he might feel that way. Further still, 3 or more people on a board of 1000's isn't really hype, so it's really more a question of volume (as in noise level)...

Hell, to each their own! It's good to see Cone finally getting some recognition but I still love my Japanese repros as much as my Cone denimzzz....(I love American Heritage as much as Japanese aesthetic/otaku-ness)

And can you imagine if Amoskeag was still around???

I think I was included in the comp. partly because of my pro-Japanese denim stance, and partly because the noise level I generate :P

I'll always be pro-slub, but the Cone denim that Roy is using - both on the original Roy's as well as on the contest jeans - has changed my attitude towards Cone's White Oak fabrics.

But I think there was a mention in the Roy World Tour thread that Mr. Slaper loves Nihon Menpu fabrics??? :P

Shit, when I was fifteen -- in 1997 -- I was almost always in skate tees or hoodies, with a pair of Droors jeans. I remember wearing a Snapcase "Steps" hoodie pretty often.

brings me back to the mid-late 90s.

:cool:

Someone can't keep track of their jawnz, which I guess can happen when you only wear them once for a photo op and then bury them in the back of your closet underneath 350 pairs of Nike dunks.;)

I think he meant the MF Californians?

you know what fuck you... i explained myself clearly and you guys are all bitching about this HYPE on roy and cone which is quite true. you know what fuck you and your roy and cone thank god i didnt get a pair of this hyped jeans by these fan boys so they say

you know what fuck you... i explained myself clearly and you guys are all bitching about this HYPE on roy and cone which is quite true. you know what fuck you and your roy and cone thank god i didnt get a pair of this hyped jeans by these fan boys so they say

Easy, tiger. He was taking he piss out of rnr, not you.

Lot of people were dissing Cone. We are just showing that they do some great stuff, too, no reflection on the Japanese brands, which personally I love and have been wearing since our younger posters were spermatozoa (not that I"m proud of bneing so ancient). If, in a year, the jeans look crap, dismiss it all as hype, that's your prerogative.

Wow, this is still going on? If there was actually any hype surrounding the RoxCones, it was well worth it. They're the most well made jeans I've seen, and the denim is particularly unique (to be fair, I will place them in a dead tie with my MFSC 7161s with four Sugar Cane denims).

waywt5sm.jpg

USN

Universal Works

MFSC

Barbour

RoyxCone

TBC

Wow, this is still going on? If there was actually any hype surrounding the RoxCones, it was well worth it.

This.

great knit!!

Agreed! I too have been wearing submariners almost every day since the cold came rolling in...

a3284ebc.jpg

Russell, Roy x Cone, Submariner, Aero

Detail:

129934fd.jpg

Aero barely softening after three winters...

^ Cheers, my Roy-wearing friend!! :) I do have a navy North Sea one, but the Ecru here is the one from Nauticalia - same gauge, but less itchy, and washable - the last is a must with our two overgrown pups!

It is great to see Cone getting some recognition thanks to ROY, but I agree with ed's "fan boy" sentiment. We've seen the details of ROY's craftsmanship, which was arguably the one thing that was lacking on jeans made with Cone denim up to that point. Somehow, we have yet to see any pictures of well worn ROY's.

It seems as though all of those people who picked up "OG" ROY's have had their fling and now found a new denim infatuation. Show these jeans some justice by committing to wearing them so that we can see how Cone denim ages!

I think there is some merit to the "hype" with the RxC contest. Considering that the fabric is one-off limited production (likely never to be seen again), it will hardly be representative of typical Cone denim but rather a demonstration of the denim Cone is capable of producing.

I propose we settle this in a Cone Mills vs. Japanese Mills rumble. :eek:

See your asses on the field at midnight.

It seems as though all of those people who picked up "OG" ROY's have had their fling and now found a new denim infatuation. Show these jeans some justice by committing to wearing them so that we can see how Cone denim ages!

No shit. Get on it boys. Y'all know who you are!

Shit, when I was fifteen -- in 1997 -- I was almost always in skate tees or hoodies, with a pair of Droors jeans. I remember wearing a Snapcase "Steps" hoodie pretty often.

We should all relive our highschool years in this thread.

flashback friday

nautica competition/timberland circa 1996-1997

1-23-08.jpg

I propose we settle this in a Cone Mills vs. Japanese Mills rumble. :eek:

See your asses on the field at midnight.

The real question is: Which are the Socs and which are the Greasers?

rumblescene1.jpg

It seems as though all of those people who picked up "OG" ROY's have had their fling and now found a new denim infatuation.

do you mean moved on? like are wearing jeans Roy didn't make? Cause I believe the number of people who owned Roys pre selfedge in the contest is more than the number who didn't.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic