Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

My wife tells me our 7 year old son needs new jeans and I'd love to get him selvage, anyone know anywhere in London that stocks for kids, any brand?

Failing that anywhere online?

Not many options at the moment I'm afraid.

Hennes do good raw jeans, but not selvage. Flatheads are possibly available from Rakuten. Might be worth trying to get a pair proxy'd from jcrew in the US ?

Just as an FYI... I received the new larger-sized kid's Flatheads for my little girl (went through Suto as none of the usual sites that ship here had them).

The new ones - while just as lovely in quality as the old - no longer have the red tab & old arc design... They've moved to the same design as the adult jeans.... :mad:

I bought a Belstaff waxed jacket in 1985 for riding my first Lambretta,Li 150 series one,made 1959.i have fond memories on the jacket,esp. cause you couldnt walk anywhere without leaving wax marks on erevything and everybody,which was very handy cause riding a Lambretta keeps you usually covered in grease so the Belstaff was always a good excuse.

if you wanna let it go in the future just pm me,always willing to help somebody who didnt learn to work properly.

Love those Flatheads! Can anyone point me a Rakuten store that stocks them please? I'm searching and find some great kids shirts, but no jeans as yet... all help appreciated cheers

I originally got mine through Hinoya, but they no longer seem to stock them. They are shown here:

http://www.americaya.net/flathead.htm

A few rows down, on the RHS of page. I went through Sutocorp and had them proxy a pair! :)

didnt expect to update that early:

4399281614_28798627a5.jpg

4399284252_725ccd9c0c.jpg

time to get the brush out,no need for a wash after two days of wear.

this makes me proud.good girl.

..............................................................................................................................

i made it clear that this would be a reason for a separation.not sure if she understood though.

Haha you guys are hilarious. Although I nearly died when a girl I was dating a while back suggested I cut the chainstitch runoff off of my shirts. It didn't last, because she just didn't understand.

God, if I found a girl who even remotely understood denim, I'd be so happy. There's this one girl I'm friends with who wants me to help her find some great raw denim and I really want to get with her (again).

God, if I found a girl who even remotely understood denim, I'd be so happy. There's this one girl I'm friends with who wants me to help her find some great raw denim and I really want to get with her (again).

Zissou, Paul et al,

Funny thing is, listening to you guys on the subject of 'the ladies' understanding denim, I have been dating an Ex from years ago who is as into Denim as me (far out!).

She spent most of the weekend drooling over my whole Lvc collection and takin fit pix of my current wearers (and GW jacket)

I feel a very lucky man.

:)

Zissou, Paul et al,

Funny thing is, listening to you guys on the subject of 'the ladies' understanding denim, I have been dating an Ex from years ago who is as into Denim as me (far out!).

She spent most of the weekend drooling over my whole Lvc collection and takin fit pix of my current wearers (and GW jacket)

I feel a very lucky man.

:)

WARNING! Proceed with extreme caution. In 2006 I started seeing an ex from years back and we're expecting our 2nd child in April! Unfortunately she doesn't have the raw denim bug and is currently wearing horrendous maternity jeans. I don't expect her to be posting them on the laydeez thread.

Congratulations, Mr F!

A few people have mentioned Pointers Chore Coats on another thread. They do good-looking kids stuff, too: hickory stripe and raw denim bib overalls, as well as a cool Conductor cap; kind of like OshKosh, but made in the USA, and at pretty decent prices, $30-31. Would love to know how anyone gets on with these!

http://www.pointerbrand.com/DynamicProductCatalog.asp?Category=Youth&SubCategory=Youth

I was eyeing those as well. Would like to get some overalls for the little guy.

• 3 weeks later...

COol jeans. How much were the gabrstore?

I mentioned before I'd post the nippers' Belstaff. Here it is. Although I object to such pint-size materialism on principle, it's still a beautiful thing. I've held off from buying one of these for me for years, in fear it would like a Dr EvilMini Me combination, but now I'm free, as he's outgrown it.

P1030065.jpg

Excuse the shameless plug, but I'll be posting a few kids items in the Supermarket later - sammy, Levi's regular and Nevada and the Belstaff. All funds go to a pair of kids' flatheads. Sammies and regular Levi's are now sold. Belstaff and kids' Nevada are in the Supermarket, here

P1030057.jpg