Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

probably a little too early for him? my son will be three years old next month,hes around 100 cm tall now,that pair would fit i reckon.i have no doubts that he will be able to give them what they deserve.

There yours - will pm you once I find out where my sister is storing them...

oh - and btw - these are the H&M cinch back I saw the other day

Those look OK, except for the weird creases I guess. The cinch you could lose though, it's just in the way. My little girl wears a pair of these now and again and I cut off the cinch the other day but it was also a bit bigger than on the H&M pair.2jefffront.jpg

thanks Paul T - yep I saw the adjustable waistband, she's on the 2nd biggest now and there's still a little room on that. I'm trying to get her to wear it for a good full day outing this weekend - let's see how she fares!

almostnice - thanks. guess i'll have to thank you indirectly then for holding back - i jumped on them as soon as it was made available to me....:)

riff - thanks for the compliment and yeah to get the young ones to pose in front of the cam, a little bribery goes a long way haha

this thread is just great - a place to share what we love other than on ourselves. I think the hand me down idea is so apt - agree with beatle on this. looking forward to more updates from everyone.

Okay, Paul & Almostnice - jawns delivered and tried on..he's gotta to eat a lot to fill them...

5067365519_8f02b1254f_z.jpg

5067978610_eed2fe25e9_z.jpg

5067366435_165fe696db_z.jpg

5067366837_974525f36b_z.jpg

5067367125_d81342d383_z.jpg

5067979676_ae22be3540_z.jpg

5067980046_bc710c0295_z.jpg

Random - he lost his 8th tooth today, very happy day.

And Almostnice - the mini Nudies are in Vienna right now - the kids of some friends of my sister's already claimed them ..but I told her to check if they still wear them or have them...

^ :) Happens to bigger kids too - I wanna see how -Z- put on his jawns after all that single malt ;)

Small teaser pic - I will post the full series on wayjdt when I sort thru them all. Took Almostnice's advice & started taking shots on the sly!

At cottage country - the nipper in her FH's:

06c6f75e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Great stuff...but hey, where can I get a nice, vintage inspired smaaaaalll selvage Levis for my beloved daughter?

Sorry, I've forgotten - how old is said nipper?

Ive posted some of our previous LEvi's, Sammies and H&M. THe LIttle Levi's are variable in terms of availablity - one place that does stock them regularly is jcrew, they have a mini 503 selvage for age 3 and up, and often have their own brand selvage at age 2 and up. If you have friends travelling around the US you will often see them on sale in Barney's and Macy's, as well as Levi's stores.

Samurai had trun out of larger sizes, but they might still have the smaller ones. Size up to get the wear out of them! Sammies are some of the best for kids in that they crock so quickly, so you can get pretty good wear in the 6 months or so that they fit them.

Sorry, I've forgotten - how old is said nipper?

Ive posted some of our previous LEvi's, Sammies and H&M. THe LIttle Levi's are variable in terms of availablity - one place that does stock them regularly is jcrew, they have a mini 503 selvage for age 3 and up, and often have their own brand selvage at age 2 and up. If you have friends travelling around the US you will often see them on sale in Barney's and Macy's, as well as Levi's stores.

Samurai had trun out of larger sizes, but they might still have the smaller ones. Size up to get the wear out of them! Sammies are some of the best for kids in that they crock so quickly, so you can get pretty good wear in the 6 months or so that they fit them.

She's just 1 year old...:-)

Unfortunately jcrew doesn't ship to germany...

• 1 month later...

I had dinner with a friend who works for Levi's and she pulled out some of her daughter's clothing for me to look at. Some of this stuff was one-off, other pieces were put into production based on these prototypes, so some of these items may have been posted here before. Her daughter is almost 3 now, I think she's outgrown a few of these pieces.

5253195743_0de522f24e_b.jpg

These were based on a pair of Carl Ciara's worn in '47s.

5253195875_03f82f8048_b.jpg

5253805190_b446d36afa_b.jpg

These were given to her raw and she wore them in. Good girl, right?

5253805312_bcb3965ce3_o.jpg

5253805516_ce858e7426_o.jpg

5253215941_a4499539d4_o.jpg

It's a tradition at Levi's that when someone on the design team has a baby, the other designers collaborate to make them a baby blanket. This one was made out of twelve squares, each made by a different designer in a color-scheme set up by her boss. The fabric was taken from a series of vintage Japanese Boro blankets.

5253805444_03af0293da_o.jpg

5253195973_5833f950e9_o.jpg

An original Boro blanket.

5253840230_c0d7aa3869_o.jpg