Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

thanks, robbie!

P1070719.jpg

Looks like we'll need to cold soak, but these should be fine. We've discussed the soaking in the bath method.... the nipper thanks I'm totally insane, but I'll work on him.

P1070721.jpg

P1070722.jpg

It's great to have a deadstock, old pair - I think i last owned and soaked some, er, maybe two decades ago Very heavily starched, pretty hairy as you'd expect. I think these are from 69 or 70 - Big E.

All summer my little girl has ben running around in various pink and red dresses but with the colder weather I can finally convince her to wear the jeans again. It's nice that they're now of perfect length since cuffs gathers a lot of sand. A pair of H&M that was very dark (probably rinsed/one wash) with fabricated creases below the front pockets. I managed to iron out one side but the other they did a more thorough job on.

dsc09416.jpg

dsc09417h.jpg

dsc09418o.jpg

dsc09420z.jpg

Glad they worked out, beats, those knees have seen some serious wear...

Here's the replacement. Soaked on Sunday. Note there's no blue in the bath where it rubbed off, just yellow from the unreduced indigo. Baby t is signalling that he's not convinced by the wearing wet jeans ritual...

soaking.jpg

And today, shrunk down, waist stretched, they fit perfectly... with luck stretching will allow for the next three or five months growth...

wearing.jpgiamcool.jpg

butt.jpg

after waiting for just a little more than a week, another one of mr Paul T's goodies arrived in the post. when I saw the Royal Mail stamp, I knew it had to be it.

DSC_0022-2.jpg

I opened up the package carefully as I had to reseal it as a surprise for my daughter G. Paul has sportingly agreed to address the parcel to the little lady herself...I think she's gonna be thrilled.

so here they are, Little Levi's Vintage Nevada jeans :

faded arcs and booklet

DSC_0024-1.jpg

cinch back and selvedge too!

DSC_0015.jpg

front

DSC_0011-1.jpg

detail

DSC_0008-1.jpg

a little carpenter's pocket

DSC_0007-2.jpg

and some patches that were original - probably seen some wear but lovingly repaired

DSC_0013-1.jpg

and lastly - Thanks for the lovely little doodle of the jeans at the back of the envelope - that was a nice little surprise in itself. I assume that must be from the boy himself? Great stuff !!

will try to get some fit pics soon..fingers crossed that the little lady will cooperate...

here's some fit pics of little G in the nevadas. I really like the fuller cut. there's still room in the waist for at least a full year's growth I reckon, after which it will be passed on to her little sis K.

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0179-1.jpg

judging by her cooperativeness to try them on, I am hopeful that she likes them.

just for comparison, a fit pic of her regular h&m non selvedge slim jeans

DSC_0002_2.jpg

now on the lookout for some more denim to get her hooked :)

^ Hai there almost nice!

Wow - been away from the nipper thread for too long! Great updates! Paul & ninja - the kids look great!

Mine seems to have developed a camera aversion... "I don't want pictures of my rear end in jeans on the internet".... "But sweetheart, it's sufu!! That's what we do here."

sweet...I hope my nephew digs the concept..he actually has no interest in clothes..but I will get pictures (another thing he really hates..)

On a site note - this whole concept of swapping kids garments makes really sense, when you think about how short the time frame is that they actually get to wear it...

Maybe we should open up a Nippers hand down thread ?