Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I requested an inseam of 33.5 on my size 29 so i can cuff them; actual inseam is 32" so I guess Ill be fine with these (only sad I cant show off the green selvage lol). If you dont throw them in the dumble dryer I suppose they can be a tad longer even?

Hello and Happy new year. So we've received all the contest jeans but not without issue. The denim looks great, the green line selvage is there, the patch printed with green ink and 2009 printed in Japanese numerals, the inside pocket bag printing looks nice, but, the inseam was not lengthened as requested and instead was made to the original Fullcount specs for each model. As they are now, the inseam length for sizes 27-32 is 35" and for sizes 33-40 it's 37". I washed a pair to see how they would shrink and with a hot soak and hang dry the inseam shrank 2.25" and 2.5" with tumble drying. So estimated post wash inseam lengths for sizes 27-32 is 32.5" and sizes 33-40 is 34.5".

Now, Fullcount have been made aware of the problem, apologized, and are willing to do what it takes to fix this. Basically they rushed to get these out by the first of the year and failed to inspect them when they came in from the factory and just shipped them all directly to us. Several people who requested hemming will not be affected by this issue but for those that need the extra length, please let me know if the current post wash inseam will be too short and if so we will need to reproduce the longer inseam version for you.

We're hoping it will only take a couple of weeks to get these completed and shipped. We’ll wait until any and all jeans that need to be reproduced have arrived before shipping everyone’s out so as to keep it fair for those who need to wait and can have

Our apologies for this error and oversight and apologies for the delay in everyone receiving their jeans. If all goes as planned we can get the contest started soon without too much further of a delay.

Regards,

Gordon

For those that are observing the contest. I'm still deciding whether a 32.5 inseam is short. Gordon states that there would be a total of almost 5 inches post soak+dry, kinda a lot for me.

@SLAB I think Gordon tossed them in the dry only to see how long the inseam would be after several washes, assuming the denim will shrink further with every wash.

@ mr.invincible I'm also stuck between a 27/28 in these. Ordered a 27, but with a remake, I might ask Gordon if they could make me a 28 if there's no additional problems. I'm waiting for salaami's wisdom.

Ouch, that inseam issue is unfortunate to hear especially because I really do need the longer inseam.

The good side is that maybe the cardboard-stencils for arcs will be included this time?

Well, I just adjust my Ritalin intake and wait for few weeks! :)

A 32,5" inseam is pretty much perfect for me, wonder if the measurements are the same for these, especially the hem.

So, a couple of weeks to get the longer inseam versions done, and how long will it take for everyone to contact Gordon before that...another few weeks?

i haven't been keeping tabs on this contest, so excuse the ignorance.

i was peeping BIG's site and saw 2 Fullcount contest models - 1108 and 0105. What's good here? Are they both for the SuFu contest?

Yeah, a bunch of people were hating on the fit of the 0105 so Gordon added the 1108 to the contest. Same details/denim, different fit.

The inseam delay doesn't really bug me, I have 2 other pairs of jeans that aren't broken in enough as is!

the inseams will work for me. I can cuff almost 2 inches with a 31-32 inseam

so when should I order if I want to get in on this?

although I don't mind the longer inseam since I can mess with it, but either way, the short default version is fine.

I think you can order whenever...

Yeah, a bunch of people were hating on the fit of the 0105 so Gordon added the 1108 to the contest. Same details/denim, different fit.

The inseam delay doesn't really bug me, I have 2 other pairs of jeans that aren't broken in enough as is!

fit on the 1108 looks like the WH660's, right?

is the batch that just arrived 0105's and 1108's, or just 1 model?