Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I really need these jeans... My sams are being repaired, and because of my extra holiday fat I can't wear my Prescott and DJ, so I'm stuck wearing an old pair of Nudies... Another 2 weeks before we have these? Makes me feel a bit guilty about asking for mine to be reproduced, but the inseam was just going to be too short...

And Salaami, I'm really curious about your paint job. I haven't decided if I'm going to paint arcs...

for some reason, i have this feeling that all this waiting and complaints will pay off to a bomb ass contest. I am waiting on the call for the arcs, that will put me over the fence.

Yeah, I think that the fact that there's already been a fair amount of blood, sweat and tears (mostly the latter) shed over the competition should make everyone appreciate their jawns even more - these aren't your standard competition jeans, after all; These are the jeans that I paid for almost two god damned months ago, so I'm definitely going to wear the hell out of them for the rest of the year. And the next one.

Denim Phenom, any word on the pictures? PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE but oh it's so difficult.

for some reason, i have this feeling that all this waiting and complaints will pay off to a bomb ass contest. I am waiting on the call for the arcs, that will put me over the fence.

I thought the arcs were not gonna happen. Is it ok without the tab (which we are getting anyways...hohohohoo :D )?

Here is a quick rundown on the updates and such, which is easily obtainable if you just read the thread. DP...correct me if I'm wrong or left something out.

Tabs? - Yes, Gordon is including a tab with the jeans upon shipment. You will have to attach the tab yourself, if you wish to have it on your jeans.

Arcs? - Gordon is working on including 2 stencils. A regular FC arc stencil and their WWII style one.

When will we get them? - Around the beginning of February.

DP is waiting to hear from Gordon on a lot of things. I think I read him post that at least 10 times in the last 10 pages. You people are ridiculous. Have some patience.

well yeah i guess.

but i already got an idea for the arcs forget paint.

I im gonna trace the stencil on a piece of a paper, lay the paper on the pocket. Stitch with the paper still on. So at the end, the paper will be stitched in but ill just rip it out. Now you got yourself some legit looking arcs. Easy

my lil sis is on some ill shit right now, so i cant post pics. the arc are doing just fine. real heavy duty...front pocket thread is not;). repairing tonight, once i get high enough...:D

2cqe6w1.jpg

25rdxc9.jpg

2z8dybo.jpg

the paint is Delta Creative Ceramcoat. opaque yellow/opaque red. cheap, but i heard the paint kobayashi uses is just regular ole' acrylic paint. i dont know if they use fab.medium or not. but i would (3:1 paint:medium) recommend it. i watched kobayashi from evisu on youtoube a few times, and its not really hard(not to discredit the artform). i am no expert, just a fast learner. i wanted to make the arcs pretty sturdy, so i applied 3 coats, and baked the paint between coats, as you can see the patch is prettymuch unaffected, it was a bit dried out, so i rubbed some EV olive oil in real good. patch jumped back like crack. i love how when seen in real life up close you can see the lil' flaws that let you know they're hand-painted...