Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

i just hope ya'll get your jawns soon. then this contest will really take off. something tells me this will be the best contest yet...i can already see cats complaining about the thread strength. word to the wise: go to a hair store, and get one of those curved needles girls use to sew in 'tracks'. its thick, and its curved so you dont need a thimble. e-mail gordon now, and ask him for some thread. the thread he'll send you is stronger than FC thread imho. your'e gonna need it within the first 60-90 days. 4 sho. the denim, however is quite tougher than its softness immediately implies...

any updates DP?

I haven't heard anything from Gordon in a few days. I'm sure he's busy with other e-mails, the end of the Warehouse contest, and other BiG stuff.

I'm sure that the jeans are being reproduced and close to being done. FC seems like they can produce jeans fairly quick so I imagine we'll have these by the end of the month.

That's just hope talking though.

What are you waiting on mofo?

Gordon e-mailed 11 pictures of the jeans which I'll put up when I get to work. They look like site pictures so he's probably loading them there as well.

Over the weekend he heard from the last guys and sent those numbers to FC. He should get a timeline from them soon.

What are you waiting on mofo?

Gordon e-mailed 11 pictures of the jeans which I'll put up when I get to work. They look like site pictures so he's probably loading them there as well.

Over the weekend he heard from the last guys and sent those numbers to FC. He should get a timeline from them soon.

It's an audio amplifier that never made it in the post, got returned to sender. The sender then moved out of his address and subsequently changed his mobile number. I can only contact him by email, which he replies sporadically. There's absolutely no way of retrieving this and I think the time and effort in finding out where exactly my $550 went isn't worth it.

On the other hand, that sounds like awesome news on the jeans. This thread always excites me.

That's good news!

In the spirit of fairness, as Gordon wrote in the email to all participants, maybe he could ship the jeans that has to travel to us here in europe a few days earlier?...Just a thought.

yeah, not only do they take longer to arrive but they might be stopped by customs causing an extra delay...

i went outside on lunch-break today around sunset, and when i looked @my jeans, it was like 'wow!' i didn't realize how much the dye had been affected until i saw it in a certain spectrum of light. it was like putting on a 'clean' black shirt, and going to a black light party. i won't soak these for a while....

So I had my sammies hemmed recently and I asked my sis to send it back down from norcal since it was hemmed from self edge and she didn't put a tracking number and now I have been waiting for almost a week and half for it. If my jeans are lost, I don't think I should be part of it since I lost a lot of money on those jeans....

but i should replace it...

i'm just trying to give you all lil tidbits to know what to expect in the near:rolleyes:future. im painting arcs and tab tonight. maybe pics in morn. front pocket thread is now broken on both sides. must've occured while @work. i'll fix it tommorow when im off.

painted my own arcs&tab last night. i would advise you dudes use acrylic paint, and mix in a good amount (2:1) ratio approx. of fabric medium. it makes the paint more flexy. i painted a layer, and then baked(yes, baked) them to cure @ 285 degrees farenheit for like 2 minutes per layer. so ive baked these bitches like 8 times. trust denim needs @least 500 degress for a time to burn. baking sets the paint like a mofo. i got the paint from ben franklin. a buck a bottle. i can tell they are going to take a while to dissapear, if ever. i'll post pics this weekend.

painted my own arcs&tab last night. i would advise you dudes use acrylic paint, and mix in a good amount (2:1) ratio approx. of fabric medium. it makes the paint more flexy. i painted a layer, and then baked(yes, baked) them to cure @ 285 degrees farenheit for like 2 minutes per layer. so ive baked these bitches like 8 times. trust denim needs @least 500 degress for a time to burn. baking sets the paint like a mofo. i got the paint from ben franklin. a buck a bottle. i can tell they are going to take a while to dissapear, if ever. i'll post pics this weekend.

wouldn't it be a better idea to iron them to set the paint?

thanks for the tips, am looking forward to the pictures.