Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

hot soaked 1108s last night: threw jeans in big bucket. boiled water. poured boiling water over jeans. let jeans sit in water for second half of lakers game. picked up jeans by the back belt-loop,then raised&lowered the jean into and out of the water like 10 times. hung dry inside-out...

well i already told you how i physically abused a hem scrap, and it was unaffected. so you know absolutely NO indigo was lost during this hot-soak. this indigo is impervious to H2O. the water was yellow from dirt, and the starch i initially put on 2.5 months ago. you really have to wear these HARD to fade. i love it. needless to say, these could not stand up by themselves post dry, but they did dry rather quickly. i hung them up near a heater in a closed room @1AM, and they were bone-dry @ 7 when i woke up. probably were dry hours before. so basically if you work a 9-5 you can wash/soak your jeans when you get off, and have them hung dry by the next morning. cool. my sams took forever to dry. leather patch was pretty unaffected, didn't shrink much. or look like turkey bacon. i poured the water directly on the patch. maybe it was the EVOO i rubbed in. denim shrank considerably, but i aint taking or posting measurements. they'll stretch back in a day or two, but i don't know how well the combs will jump back. im not restarching,BTW. roping really looks dope now. since they dry so fast, i'll be soaking like once a month now or so. i can't rock but so much baby-milk !

welcome to sufu my dude...sorry, everybody isn't this nice. dont beware, just be-aware. but who cares? rep aint shit. khoiphan i would post pics, but 4real the hot-soak really didn't do anything to the jean, except remove the dirt and starch, the soak water had NO indigo in it. but for an idea the whiskers, wallet fade, and chevrons are coming in much faster than any combage. since the soak the combs aren't as crispy as before, so i'm not looking forward to any killer combs @this point.(although they fit better. i could wear them without a belt this morning, but by the time i put them back on at this chicks crib they sagged somewhat. i thought i burned off 5lbs. in bed!) however, since theres no longer a layer of starch on the warp, i'm expecting these to fade somewhat faster over the next few months. it's been almost 3 months, and i dont want to ruin the suspense by giving you too much of what to expect ...all i can say is dont expect anything dramatic within the first 3-4 months, especially if you dont machine wash. in my humblest opinion machine-washing makes denim fade faster due to the abrasive action of the washer. all this is to say wash if you must, but soak all you like)

my daughter is starting to crawl now, so that means knee-fading. i have low pile carpet, so all this low-speed chasing behind her is wearing on an ole' mans knees. the denim is fading significantly, but still hasn't worn white. the faded area is very soft and velvety signifying the fact that this cotton is very soft. feels like a pair of worn pre-distressed 7FAM jeans my brother in law has. tsujita-san said comfort is the priority, so he spoke truthfully...

my daughter is starting to crawl now, so that means knee-fading. i have low pile carpet, so all this low-speed chasing behind her is wearing on an ole' mans knees. the denim is fading significantly, but still hasn't worn white. the faded area is very soft and velvety signifying the fact that this cotton is very soft. feels like a pair of worn pre-distressed 7FAM jeans my brother in law has. tsujita-san said comfort is the priority, so he spoke truthfully...

welcome to the crawler club salaami; knee holes will be developing swiftly; make sure to have your baby throw up milk over your lap repeatedly, guaranteed amazing lap fades :-)

ive been wearing white chucks for 3 days now(14 hrs minimum per day), and the hem hasn't left any crocking stain on the back @ all. not even a hint of blue when i hold the back ot the shoe to light.

170km/h on the STREETS is fast as shit dude.... And ANY of these cars are monsters if you start pushing them anywhere but the open highway or the track. Claiming otherwise is just silly.

As for FC talk... I think I've compromised my wearing time by getting fresh ALD's as well... oh well! I wouldn't have been in the running anyway

"Hi Bijan,

We’re expecting to receive the balance of the longer inseam model by the end of the next week so hopefully we’ll see them and can start shipping out by the start of the following week.

Regards,

Gordon"

Woo-hoo!

Any update on this? BiG should be receiving the reproduced longer inseam jeans any day now, right?