Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

my bad for the mirror shot. my lil sis is gettin' in my shit right now for that gay ass stance.man-law 4080:'' you cant take a picture of your ass backwards in a mirror without compromising yourself. '' word. anyway i freehanded the whole shit, so both arcs aren't symetrical due to human (my) error.

The red tab is also painted on i think.

If we get the stencils with the jeans the easiest way to apply the paint is by dabbing the paint on with a small piece of sponge, a little bit goes a long way.

i don't know if i'll paint arcs on but if i do i'll definately use 100% acrylic paint, it's pretty easy to work with, it can be diluted with water but is water rsistant when dry, and it dries pretty fast and doesn't need heat to set. acrylic arcs will also fade away with wear a lot better.

Nice paint job Salaami, maybe you already mentioned and i missed it, but what did you use to apply the paint, just a regular paintbrush?

Can't wait for these to arrive, good thing Gordon is going to ship out the euro orders first.

Yeah tab is painted too... you can see the twill texture through it.

I'm looking forward to jeans with a looser thigh, and looking forward to the 'do it yourself' part.

I think I'll try to make my arcs with just a dotted outline, like classic WW2 arcs. Or maybe a solid thin outline... we'll see (and see how good my skills are)

Not to be a dick... but can folks remove image tags (leave it as a link) when they quote pics? It makes the thread awful to read.

well, the only paint ive seen on a respectable jean is on evisus, so i took notice of how when they do the screen-printed diacocks the end result is rather thick. so i knew i had to go with more than just one layer. each layer takes longer than my high would allow, so i just used the oven. i wanted each layer to be completelt cured. only like 2 minutes drying time per layer. after like 4-5 times in, the crotch smells better. yes, the tab is painted as well. acrylic paint is best.ots pretty fucking rugged esp. when laid o thickly. its what kobayashi and kanji (yamanes celebrated painters) use. the fabric medium makes the paint take to the denim better. a sponge might work for a stencil job, but thats gonna be a lot of layers! i used some brushes i got for 2 bucks(sm., med., and large brush in 1 pack). i printed up a pic of a pair of virgin FC, counted the # of stitches from the bottom corner to the bottom of the arc, and freehanded it from there. thats why the arcs seem low on the pocket, thats how FC arcs are. glad you all like it.

ps: i will say that i only have seen with my own 2 that kobayashi uses one thick layer of paint.

Hey guys, since this thread has been all about arcs and tabs, i've decided to try and stitch on tabs on my flatheads (don't hurt me please). Found some old levi's i had, undid the stitching, cut it to length, stitched it on my flatheads. I'll say, it is a bit tricky at first because after cutting the tabs, it keeps fraying and then pieces of it falls off but i got it. It looks quite legit. And it looks perfect because the tab is pretty aged and doesn't look brand new.

So i would recommend, for you guys to partially unstitch the back pocket so you can slip the tab then stitch it in at the same time youre stitching the backpocket in. Since i only did it for fun, i did not do that. I just did a quick job and tried to lift the backpocket as much as possible and stitched it under there. Have fun guys

Hey guys, since this thread has been all about arcs and tabs, i've decided to try and stitch on tabs on my flatheads (don't hurt me please). Found some old levi's i had, undid the stitching, cut it to length, stitched it on my flatheads. I'll say, it is a bit tricky at first because after cutting the tabs, it keeps fraying and then pieces of it falls off but i got it. It looks quite legit. And it looks perfect because the tab is pretty aged and doesn't look brand new.

So i would recommend, for you guys to partially unstitch the back pocket so you can slip the tab then stitch it in at the same time youre stitching the backpocket in. Since i only did it for fun, i did not do that. I just did a quick job and tried to lift the backpocket as much as possible and stitched it under there. Have fun guys

haha pretty much what i said a few pages back. and next time just take a razor and lift up the tab and cut under so the whole tab will come out and it wont fray.

I don't like the paint gimmick, so if I do anything I'm gonna un-stitch the whole pocket (not entirely...just enough to get it on the machine). Then trace the arcs with some chalk or crayon or something that will rub off, and just stitch some arcs on there. I figure I already have to buy some thread to stitch the tab back on. Sounds like a lot of work though...we'll see.

The only problem I see with not having the cardstocks is not being able to place the arcs correctly, height-wise.

Does anyone know where to order some 100% cotton thread in the correct yellow for these jeans? If I do sew on my own arcs, I dont' want them to end up looking like some flatheads when the whole jeans are faded, but the stitching didn't break off.

i watched kobayashi paint on youtube a few times. easy. i printed up a pic of a FC backpocket. easy. then i counted the #of stitches from the bottom of the arc to the corner of the pocket (one was like 13, the other 18 i think) easy. then i freehanded it using my minimal (none) painting training. easy. i approximated the placement of the tab. easy.

hand-painted arcs arent really a gimmick, but anyways gordon just sent some thread last week. neither of the 2 colors matches the color of any of the thread these FC are made of exactly. but he has damn good thread. to paint FC arcs with poly-core thread is blasphemy. since you just spent $200+ w/him, request some thread with your jeans. he's great. im sure he'll hook you up;)

i watched kobayashi paint on youtube a few times. easy. i printed up a pic of a FC backpocket. easy. then i counted the #of stitches from the bottom of the arc to the corner of the pocket (one was like 13, the other 18 i think) easy. then i freehanded it using my minimal (none) painting training. easy. i approximated the placement of the tab. easy.

Good idea counting the threads from the bottom.

i bought 2 colors, yellow, and goldenrod. its size12. i dont know how to get superthick size 0. maybe japan. it looks like it will do the trick. i got like 330 yards of thread per roll for like $5 a wop. worth it to me, since i can stop begging gordon now:o.

you kidding me !? ima noob ! i had a small hole in my jacket once and i tried to sew that together it just ended up being a huge blob of thread.... luckily its all black and in a spot not easily seen. i'll probably do the same.