Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Yeah I realise that all denim contests are like this, but I don't think it's legal to be charged before the item is available.

As for the monetary issue, the company should have more than enough money to produce a line of jeans without problem. How else do they produce their stock? I'm sure it's not all made to order.

This isn't a complaint, I'm not fussing about anything. I've paid for plenty of things before they were available.

then why bring it up you sound like a baby. and these jeans arent the same as what they normally produce. if they were everyone should of bought those and started the fucking contest already. also a lot of these small japanese brands arent big corporations what so ever...aint ballin like flathead for sure... and if you paid for plenty of things before you got em why start complaining right now... and its not like gordon was like gimme yo money bitch! you guys gave it to him knowing what was going to happen.

wah wah wah wah

The longer inseam contest jeans have not arrived from Japan as of yet. With the lunar New Year it moved things back a week. Miki from FC is very excited about this contest and is very determined to get it started.

With that said, Gordon is going to start sending out the jeans to the people who pre-ordered earliest and live the farthest. From there he will ship everyone else theirs as the pairs arrive. If all jeans arrive by the 7th then maybe we can start this contest by Valentine's Day.

Thought I would start the day with some good news.

Someone should notify the Harry Potter publishers! They're going to flip out when they find out you think its illegal to offer pre-orders.

I don't think you get charged for pre-orders. They only charge when the item is shipped, or available. This is the understanding that I have, correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: Thanks for the update DP. I had an awesome Chinese New Year ;)

Making a deposit before availability is common in the car industry.

As for getting charged for this order... it's a special edition of $200+ jeans in a small run, and a specific audience. Only as many pairs as were ordered were to be produced. If we had reserved and NOT paid, a quarter of the contestants would have pulled out, leaving Gordon with them in hand.

Something mass market like the Harry Potter book is different (I'm not talking letter of the law, but in custom) as you are just reserving your copy, rather than ensuring yours gets made.

That said... I'm pretty sure most custom orders in most industries are generally paid a deposit, with the balance on completion. This is partly to give them $$ as a commitment (and to work with), but also has the bonus of letting them sell at a deep discount if you pull out.

Yeap, like I said, this is not a problem for me. I paid them expecting them to be awesome and I am a very patient person as well. I've waited longer more than the regular guy would for something (18 months now and still no show, item is probably lost).

So I don't mind this business ethic in this context because it's a niche. It's custom and it's not going to be mass produced. Much like everything else I pay for in advance (risking the fact that it may never reach me at all).

:) Stop picking apart that post, it's making me paranoid.

The longer inseam contest jeans have not arrived from Japan as of yet. With the lunar New Year it moved things back a week. Miki from FC is very excited about this contest and is very determined to get it started.

With that said, Gordon is going to start sending out the jeans to the people who pre-ordered earliest and live the farthest. From there he will ship everyone else theirs as the pairs arrive. If all jeans arrive by the 7th then maybe we can start this contest by Valentine's Day.

Thought I would start the day with some good news.

That is good news! Now I just need to lubricate my rectal area for our customs officers... :mad:

I don't think you get charged for pre-orders. They only charge when the item is shipped, or available. This is the understanding that I have, correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: Thanks for the update DP. I had an awesome Chinese New Year ;)

no, we were charged for the jeans when they were pre ordered

played soccer(and various other games) with a friend's son. all the sliding on concrete wore the knees and back-pockets on these pretty well, although i actually would've expected more dye-loss. denim took a beating, though. knees are super-soft, and inner-pocket corners are frayed. had to go commando this morning on the way across town, since i was with my lil' thigh-meat last night(looooong story), denim wasn't bad on the ole' sac.

sorry for derailing the thread DP. It was certainly not my intention which was why I killed the banter with selaviso immediately (no offense there selaviso, you give good banter).

salaami has the right mindset here. Did you achieve maximum crotch fade while being commando?