Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

FC 1108 1.75 months, of course no wash. im actually suprised they've changed this much. i've been @ ma dukes a lot lately, so i sit on the bricks and smoke a lot. and i sit on concrete during smoke breaks @ work, thus some wallet fade. frequent zippo use=coin pocket fade. some upper-thigh fade from drying hands.no, not a broken thread below on 1st pic. yes, loose thread on second pic( left pocket's thread is loose on exact same spot). see ya in a few months....

20a4akn.jpg2570i13.jpg

dn0x77.jpg

yeah, dont let the pics fool ya. the non-abraded/crocked areas are still super dark. im proud of my sisters shitty camera for recognizing the slight front pocket fade. i guess the real sunlight did the trick.

sweet, crossing my fingers for the arc template, i had an idea maybe we could upload it to sum photohost then put a password on it, so that only people competiting can obatin the arcs, and we leave the upload for a week or two just in case? well that's just a suggestion of mine, but thx DP for the pics the jeans look SWEEET

sweet, crossing my fingers for the arc template, i had an idea maybe we could upload it to sum photohost then put a password on it, so that only people competiting can obatin the arcs, and we leave the upload for a week or two just in case? well that's just a suggestion of mine, but thx DP for the pics the jeans look SWEEET

well can someone sneak me the password. not tryin' to infringe on ya'lls contest or nothing, but who else wears fullcount anyway? I WANT ARCS DAMMIT!!!

PS. just copped paul T's book 'denim' from b&n ($15) . tremendous. worth the dough.

just removed major baby-milk stain via spot soak. hot dryer made these bitches jump back like crack. mad shrinkage. no indigo loss from soak, just funny creases on lower leg from dryer. minimal patch shrink.

FC 1108 1.75 months, of course no wash. im actually suprised they've changed this much. i've been @ ma dukes a lot lately, so i sit on the bricks and smoke a lot. and i sit on concrete during smoke breaks @ work, thus some wallet fade. frequent zippo use=coin pocket fade. some upper-thigh fade from drying hands.no, not a broken thread below on 1st pic. yes, loose thread on second pic( left pocket's thread is loose on exact same spot). see ya in a few months....

20a4akn.jpg2570i13.jpg

dn0x77.jpg

Very interesting pics,salaami.I would like to know why on some japanese repros the frontpocket threads break so early,happens to my okinawas after 3 weeks( ! ),without any stress.I know they use full cottonthread, but so does LVC and I never experienced anything like that on my pairs.

Salaami's pocket looks pretty stressed from whatever it is he's carrying. I haven't had any front pocket problems with my SC Hawaii's at 6 or 7 months of wear now, but I never carry things in my front pocket either.

the watch pocket on these is really small. a regular size zippo will squeeze in. im developing some zippo-fade on outside of front pocket. @first it was hard to get hands into front pockets, but i was @the store the other day reaching for change and 'pop' goes the thread. the other side did the same thing while reaching for $$$. threads didn't pop, they just came aloose. before these i was repairing the pockets every week, so i don't care about this minor damage. i'll just fix em when and wherever they bust...

ps: i repeat, this zimbabwe cotton stretches a lot and shrinks just as much.

I just hope I made the right decision in sizing down from 32 to 31 on the 0105.But following BIGs measurements and give that they stretch out a fair amount they should fit allright.How did you sized yours,salaami?

my natural waist is 29'' , so i got the 28 since it comes raw @ w30'' and shrinks down to28''. so i tried to straddle the fence a bit. to repeat for emphasis, fullcount's ''regular'' denim stretches(quickly) and shrinks a lot. i dont know what is so much different about the contest denim other than the green lame on the selvage, and the higher weight, but it seems to have the same texture and weave tension, so i cant really see it reacting differently to H20. sizing down isnt as risky w/the 0105s, imho.

ps: small question. what color is the caste on these regular 1108s? im driving myself crazy observing them in different spectrums of light, but i cant figure it out. and i aint colorblind. i dont see any red, or green. what caste are these?

No info yet, Selaviso, but I'm pretty sure the jeans are in NYC now. I kind of figured we'd get them a little after the new year, due to the attention to detail that was put inot the contest jeans, and the holidays. We're almost there!

i called BiG earlier today and the representative said there were no updates on the jeans. so as-of tuesday, i dont think they've arrived from japan yet.