Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Generally, I personally would prefer a cleaner cotton texture as opposed to a coarser wool-style material for my pocket bags but am always open to suggestions. Maybe it's just a purist approach by keeping the entire base material to cotton, dunno?

Whereas if you are inquiring / hinting for Ande to apply a wool-like material to say the 'hypothetical contest jeans', personally I would go for Swanndri - only because it has some New Zealand heritage (like Ande hopefully will in the future :) ). Not dissing Pendleton or anything but we are kinda famous for our sheep population & quality of wool down here so I wouldn't see any reason to import some material all the way from America, but I'm guessing you are more interested in raising the idea of a wool flannel material than the actual brand itself.

Whereas if you are inquiring / hinting for Ande to apply a wool-like material to say the 'hypothetical contest jeans', personally I would go for Swanndri - only because it has some New Zealand heritage (like Ande hopefully will in the future :) ). Not dissing Pendleton or anything but we are kinda famous for our sheep population & quality of wool down here so I wouldn't see any reason to import some material all the way from America, but I'm guessing you are more interested in raising the idea of a wool flannel material than the actual brand itself.

+1, having non-NZ wool on a made-in-NZ, hand-crafted product is pure silliness.

only reason i suggest pendleton is how close to me they are. i go to the woolen mill store every so often, and have seen yards of the stuff for sale. just figured i could easily get some fabric to send out there on the cheap. but, i have no doubt ande could find something just as good, if not better, in nz.

WAYYYY too early to be thinking any of this.....

Remember Ande actually declined the Competition Idea for now??

First thing we need to do is convince him... or Help him through this period of difficulty... Buy a pair of jeans!

Maybe start talking contest a bit later this year?

Ande probably has a lot to sort out , and to be honest SuFu is a little saturated with contests at this moment...maybe delay a little bit until this contest can receive the spotlight and attention it deserves?

^as badly as i want a contest to take place, and as much as i love the talk... dawei and mike might be right. contest talk might be a bit much at this point in his life/career. maybe we should just leave it at "in the works" and "stay tuned."

^as badly as i want a contest to take place, and as much as i love the talk... dawei and mike might be right. contest talk might be a bit much at this point in his life/career. maybe we should just leave it at "in the works" and "stay tuned."

agree 100%

Hi guys. The workshop has been patched up and I am back into full time construction. There was two and a half weeks of sneaking in and around the fix it guys trying to get jeans made. I am a couple of days off being completely caught up on orders.

We could do the competition thing in a month or so, no problem. I am going to alter the regular set up slightly to have three main models plus a deluxe add on option, to 'deluxerize' the three. So basically the three main models will be indigo, black and a third as a "Special Roll". For this one I will use some of the cool denim my suppliers make, will bring in either a 50-100m roll and when it's gone will move onto another. They make such great denim, so I think it's a good opportunity for a third option.

Hi guys. The workshop has been patched up and I am back into full time construction. There was two and a half weeks of sneaking in and around the fix it guys trying to get jeans made. I am a couple of days off being completely caught up on orders.

We could do the competition thing in a month or so, no problem. I am going to alter the regular set up slightly to have three main models plus a deluxe add on option, to 'deluxerize' the three. So basically the three main models will be indigo, black and a third as a "Special Roll". For this one I will use some of the cool denim my suppliers make, will bring in either a 50-100m roll and when it's gone will move onto another. They make such great denim, so I think it's a good opportunity for a third option.

Awesome! Glad to see you're back in action.

I'm excited for this! Does one of the organizers want to put together a list of people interested from this thread?

Awesome! Glad to see you're back in action.

I'm excited for this! Does one of the organizers want to put together a list of people interested from this thread?

I've already gone through and done this, but I may need to update it. Right now it's at about 20 names. I'm not sure how many pairs can be made out of that roll...

Right now the list is ordered mostly chronologically, with some people who have been very active in the discussion at the top.

I can forward this on to Ande and see what he thinks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm so stoked this happening sooner than I thought it would

I've already gone through and done this, but I may need to update it. Right now it's at about 20 names. I'm not sure how many pairs can be made out of that roll...

Right now the list is ordered mostly chronologically, with some people who have been very active in the discussion at the top.

I can forward this on to Ande and see what he thinks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm so stoked this happening sooner than I thought it would

Aww... if that's the case then chances are I'm not going to make the cut :(

Can't wait to see what Ande whips up regardless

Just a thought, but what does everyone think of sending a *non-refundable* PayPal deposit (say $50) to Ande with their username in the comment field so he (or one of us) can gauge interest over the next month and post/update a list of entrants?

A deposit gets your name on the list, and payment in full by a date TBD (say Feb 28) gets you your AW contest jeans.

If it turns out that most people are interested in the SPECIAL ROLL, the availability of this material could be used to determine the final number of entries.

EDIT: keeps it simple for Ande... random posts expressing interest mean nothing, your deposit gets you on the list

I'm in for the deposit. Just say when, or are waiting till everyone agrees. Ande made some pretty sweet t shirts at one time. Maybe there could be a contest confirmation t shirt. I don't want the man to have more work but Those t's are sweet.

I'm not opposed to the deposit system, but I think a lot of us would want some more concrete details before placing a non-refundable deposit. For instance, some pictures of the denim that will be used, and if the cut is set, or everyone can choose their own? (hopefully the latter). And when the contest will actually get underway.