Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

looking to get pair of skull 50-10xx 6x6 raw no-wash (indigo).

i'm about 29" - 29.5" (measuring 2" below the navel). 5'8", 137 lbs.

if i wanna go for a slimmer fit, should i go for 28?

27 would probably be too tight right?

most definitely go for the 28. 27 would be death :(

BTW

xeLph

nice skulls!!!

heh. So a few pages back I was debating whether to go for a size 31 or 32 with my waist measuring 33.5". I received my jeans today in a size 31 and we managed to stretch (literally) them to fit ;) lol.

I advise people to take measurements from websites with a grain of salt, as a size 31 was supposed to have a waist measurement of 32" but actually measured 30.5".

So, thanks to those who replied and said their size 31 stretched to 34" or 87/88cm.

Fit pics:

3290567797_09b8925ee1.jpg?v=1234990658

3291384520_b78f54189b.jpg?v=1234990723

3290566995_15a890afe0.jpg?v=1234990687

What size the waist will stretch to doesn't matter if everywhere else fits like balls.

I recommended a size 32 for a slim fit based on the measurements you gave and I still think that would be the right size for a slim fit on you (but honestly I think a different cut might look better anyway).

IMHO that size 31 isn't flattering at all for your body. The seams are being visibly stretched and your ass is bulging out on both sides of the yoke. To be clear, the problem isn't your body - it's the size.

I almost never comment on fit cos peeps can rock their jeans how they want... but... that fit is terrible. You look like you have kinda big thighs like I do so you should probably stick to slim straight/straight cuts. Much more flattering to the shape of your legs.

stacking looks good, but i might agree with the others. if possible, switch it out...if you're going to be living in these things for a year, you don't want to think back 30 days from now like "damn, i should have got a pair that fit better."

I'm feeling a little of that now: after some stretching I have really ugly hip flares because I have no ass... should have opted for a slimmer-fitting pair of jeans.

jesus steven - size up! :eek:

buy a 32, they will not stretch that much!

maybe he should get a 33 , dont you think?? they look like their suffocating his whole lower body :(

Those will stretch steven_s but be prepared for some very uncomfortable breaking in. I sized down to a 29 rather than going true with a 30 and I've had them for two weeks and they are still causing me plenty of discomfort. But then again I don't really have hips. I would swap for a 32 if I were you.

Uhh, maybe slim isn't the cut for you. There is a line of how slim one can go, and I think you went way past that line.

yo, exactly. people need to learn to get clothes that fit them and flatter their bodies. unfortunately, steve, your size choice and cut choice do not flatter your body at all. it really does not look good at all. be real man, buy a different fucking cut and size properly. skull 5010xx is known for its small thighs and top box... a region in which you probably need a little more room.

maybe du doesn't get it. these are slim jeans. they are intended for people with small thighs that continue all the way down to the feet (aka, chicken legs). they are infamous for their small thighs and boxy top.

if you have a bit of meat on your thigh but have a slim and tapered leg on the bottom you end up with the ice-cream-cone-leg fit you have shown in those pictures. the leg is not filled evenly, it is very much top heavy.

i'd get a totally different cut man. i think the 5507 would look much better on you. but hey, to each his own. it's not like an assortment of a dozen or so denim heads would know what a good fit for jeans looks like.

there are 2 reasons:

1) even though they're sanforized, they will shrink a bit (especially the inseam)

2) to get rid of the starch

that's why i soaked my new pair after i have worn it for a few hours and decided that they're not comfortable due to the stiffness.

basically it's not a bad idea.

Why do people still hot soak there 5010's.....?

They're SANFORIZED...!!!! Hello...?!

Agreed. And if you've seen faded skulls, the ones that look the best are the ones that were no wash, not one wash. At least that applies for Indigo pairs.

As for the shrinkage, its minimal so its not a big deal, and they will stretch back anyway....And starch wears off when you wear them....