Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I tried on 5010 6x6 raw in size 31 at BiG couple weeks ago. Thighs and hips were tight. But buttoning up was easy and the waist wasnt snug. Unfortunately they were sold out of size 30 to try.

Im not sure to buy raw size 30 or 31....

I am 6'1" (185cm) tall and ~172lbs (78kg).

I wear Nudie RRDS in size 30 and Samurai 5000vx in size 30. Neither are super tight.

Ive seen the size charts and read this entire thread (whew.) Thanks for any advice!

listen to beats. if you tried the 31 and it was fine, why go smaller, when they will shrink an inch(according to BIG info i just checked). or get the 30 in a one-wash if they have it.its all about how the thighs fit. trust me. word for future ref....if you are in the greatest denim store in the western hemisphere, ask questions while youre there. it saves potential noob-bashing. beatle and i are nice and informative. most are not.

ask whatever you like. when you think youre asking something dumb, remember youre about to hand the person youre asking about 230 smackers. gordon has the most knowledge, and the most patience.

i'd also personally recommend going with the larger size if you are torn between sizes. for example, if you try on a pair that fits really snug through the thigh, perhaps a bit too snug for your taste, go one size up. don't count on these to stretch a whole lot through the leg. i went the route of "well, they'll surely stretch out a bit and i'll be good," but ended up regretting it. in the long run, they seem to shrink down in washes moreso than they will stretch.

it's not a drastic amount of shrinking/stretching. just know that the "final product" i.e. over a year of wear with a number of washes is going to fit pretty similarly to how they fit raw.

So I got the 5010XX 6X6 Indigo in raw size 29. I'm 5'9" and weigh around 130~ pounds. Even though I went true to size I have found the waist on these jeans to be incredibly tight to the point where I can't even button the top button. I read a few pages back that the jeans are sanforized and my dilemma is that I think with some effort I could eventually button the buttons but do the raw Skulls require a hot soak before wearing like all the other raw jeans? I'm still considering a size exchange for 30. It should be noted that I kind of have big thighs for my body frame.

Thanks for the help!