haptronic

Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

All this resent activity in this thread made me pull out a resent purchase.

I’d nearly forgotten how these type of jeans felt after a few years of jeans in the vein of lvc and tcb!

Quite a wide fit on me and need to be hemmed but I can’t complain as I got them for about $30.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Judging from the fading, it looks like they have a raised back pocked edge akin to Flat Head. That's always been one of my low-key favorite jean details.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:07 PM, Cold Summer said:

Judging from the fading, it looks like they have a raised back pocked edge akin to Flat Head. That's always been one of my low-key favorite jean details.

Yeah, raised back pocket edges and belt loops. Lots and lots of different stich lengths and thread colours and a really nice hand feel to the denim. Everything that initially made me gravitate towards MIJ denim. 

I know as previously discussed, Skull is not really in high regard anymore for a number of reasons, but I really like these 5507xx. One of my favorite fitting pairs. At 113 days, one hot soak, one wash. Coming along nicely.

1C24A0E2-4ECB-474F-A64F-7B43A4FB6652.jpeg

Had fun reading through the last 8 years (well, really just about 20 pages, but 8 years sounds cooler) of this thread last night. Finding a pair of 5010XX 6X6 for sale on clearance last year literally got me back into denim full-swing. Thank you Skull, thank you Analchemist, thank you Ppoduced by Fabfour.

I only wore them for a few months, though, because I started going denim crazy again, buying new pairs. They've been hanging out ever since.

Tried them on last night and just love the fit... above the knee. These are indeed "slim straight." My first pair back in 2007 or 2008 was 2 sizes smaller, so there wasn't any bagginess going on down the calf/leg opening (but alas, I am now in my 30's and have no business sizing down anymore.)

Debating just storing them for good as a keepsake of my first Japanese denim, or coughing up some good cash to have them hemmed and tapered from the inseam...

throw a fit pic up, might put mine on for a blast...